Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
i watched that youtube on how to make a filler with tea bags...wow that is ALOT of work just to create one filler! i dont get it.

Can I make a suggestion...

The E2 cartos are kinda a work in progress. They currently work best for people who are willing to tinker with them.

It sounds like you just want something that is easy to fill and easy to vape. I would suggest you buy a pack of these Regular cartos and try them.

510 BOGE SOFT CAP Blank Cartomizers

I have tried every "brand" of carto out there and the Blank Boge Soft tips are by far the best.

The E2's may have a slightly better hit but you have to dedicate a significant portion of your free time to washing, dry burning, mod-ing with PTB and refilling. The are high mantinence.

With the boge cartos, you pop the tip off, drip in e-juice untill the filler is saturated, put the top back on and your ready to vape.

A 5 pack should last you a while and maybe by then the entire E2 mess will settle down and you might want to try them.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Do the Boge have polyfil?

ALL cartos except the E2's use some form of "Polyfil" to hold the e-juice inside the carto. Even the E2 rev"4" appear to have "polyfil" but it is too early to know for sure.

I'm assuming that you ask about polyfil because you are concerned about the filler buring.

A carto that is kept wet and used at 3.7v or less will not burn the filler. Sure, if the carto is dry and a person holds down the button long enough you can burn the filling. Some common sense is needed when opperating a PV.

What makes the Boge so good is the design and the materials they use.

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
Holy Crap!!!!! These E2's from COV ('Clouds of Vapor') are INSANE on both my 510 batteries and my eGO! It's like 'dripping' with a traditional 510 atty while hitting the 'sweet spot' every time! WOOOOO WHOOOOO! I'm getting CLOUDS of insane vapor... tons of FLAVOR and a lovely throat hit. As for throat hit, maybe not quite what I get with my traditional 510 attys, but it's sweet and close enough to satisfy me.. and NO other carto to date has done that for me! I'm impressed and I was prepared NOT to be impressed... (lol) Thanks to whoever it was at COV who threw in some great 24mg nic juices... they're delicious, especially the tobacco, but I like the cream & COV4... all good. The Tobacco is very close to my 24mg Marlboro I get from the Cignot girls (whom I adore!). I just took another draw off my E2.... Un-ba-leev-able!!!!! I believe I'm a convert! I love the silver steel Carts I selected! (Appear to be very easy to clean & maintain, sleek, sophisticated look and appear to be durable)... I love the fact there's no filler and no leaking. They were a little complicated to fill (somewhat of a learning curve as someone stated in an earlier post)... I had to remove a second rubber type 'O' ring to discover the two filling holes.. (duh!... lol).... And! I did overfill as the syringe tip that came with these Cartos did not fit the juice bottles and I couldn't find my steel tipped syringe.... (lol).. but I was able to take a Q-tip and clean up the excess juice.. no problems... did not hurt the atty at all with the slight overfill... and I was careful to fill both holes!. Now I'm simply in vaping Heaven! I can't get over how close this is to dripping without dripping! (lol) Now, if someone could just come out with pre-filled 1ml syringes I'd have no issues with refilling these at all.. (lol) I'm going to 'work' my way through that issue as I really am IMPRESSED to no end with these. Thanks Pheisty for hooking me up with these as it was your post that persuaded me to buy. I can see how I can save tons of money with these (if the life expectancy is good, which I'm hoping).. if they're similar to other Cartos I've owned I've never had one die yet (as long as you keep them 'topped off' and moist')... but as I stated previously no other Cartos have satisfied like these. For the price I'm honestly urging traditional 510 atty vapors to give these a try... I really don't think you'll be disappointed in the least. I'll keep vaping with these and update you guys as I go along... let you know the life-span and what not.

Last edited:

lexgar

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2009
Greater LA, SoCal
I just back from the PO picking up my 1st E2. Tried to fill with enclosed syringe tip with a bulb pipette. Just dripped out the bottom and what was inside just tasted nasty.

Took out all the plugs and dripped down the sides with about 1/2ml. Vapes like a champ for a few puffs and still tastes like a$%.

Maybe was primer to burn off? If it continues to taste like this I can not continue.

RoyalSmokers procured from classifieds.

Rothman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2010
Aviano, Italy
My friend gave me one of the R3 V2's and at first it was awesome. The first few hits after the primer taste went away were just like dripping. I thought I was in love.... I was wrong.

After about 20 more minutes of vaping I got what I thought was the primer taste lingering again. It just got stronger and stronger so I thought maybe it was running dry and the wick was tasting funky. Nope. Let it wick for about a half an hour and it tasted even worse. Almost a chemical taste... really disgusting. Tore it apart and popped a drop on the coil, still gross but slightly better.

An hour later, tried again. Still gross. Emptied the remaining liquid and replaced it with fresh, still gross. Flushed it with water, did a series of dry burns, nice shiny coil. STILL GROSS. I want these to work so bad. Maybe I just got a crappy one but, my buddy is experiencing the same. I know for a fact that they are the newest one out and not the old one with the glue problem. No clue as to what to do with this thing. Maybe one more attempt but, if it doesn't work this time, it's trash!!!

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
Rothman > I understand your plight.. truly. I've never cared for cartos (except for my KR808-d1) passthrough.... they always taste like, beg everyone's pardon, puke. (no matter the juice used). The E2's I got are excellent... very close to dripping... not quite the throat hit of dripping on a 510, but close... the flavor is better than a 510... but it's not 'pukey' flavor. I use 24mg nicotine Marlboro & RY4 flavored juices exclusively). I really love the 'throat' hit of dripping on a 510, but that isn't 'practical' when I'm out for an evening, or just visiting family for a few hours.. it's a PAIN carrying around that juice bottle! My advice is when you get these... fill them correctly... (allow them a few minutes to 'wick' properly) then vape away. If they're burning or taste 'off' .. (mine sure didn't... not even 'out of the gate') ... then something's wrong.. contact the manufacturer. I don't know, everyone's tastes are different, but I've 'switched' from 510 atomizers (constantly frying up on me & becoming so hard to 'draw') to these cartomizers. I think they'll save me money and they give me the throat hit, flavor and with the capacity to hold 1 or even 2ml of eJuice ... with the XL Cartos... the longevity I need to stay satisfied. Now I'll keep a few traditional 510 attys always... so I can 'drip' from time to time while watching TV as I love the intense 'throat hit' of dripping.... but these (IMHO) really do come very close to 510 dripping... just keep 'em wet and use a good syringe to fill thoroughly with the nic juices. Good Luck & please let us know how you like these...

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
ok roth, first you need to ask where oyu bought them what OHM they are, if they are 2.5 ohm and your using them at 3.7 volts then you will get that taste. those 2.5 ohm cartos are meant for 3.3 volts or lower.

they also sell 3.0 ohm e2's and those dont have that issue your describing.

if you cut one open and there is no glue on the bottom then im thinking the issue i explained is what your experiencing.

there is one way to fix it slightly, watch my video on the ptb method, cut off the wicks and add ptb, that will let more then enough juice flow to the wick to silence that taste.

YouTube - All New E2 cartomizer PTB & Inner plug Mod & other Tips (Royal Smokers)

Pheisty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2009
Wisconsin
Attention people who are getting the "..." taste with these!

Listen to Badkolo. Do his PTB mod on these. It works. The putrid taste your getting is the fact that it isn't wicking properly. Cut out the wicks as he instructs in the video below. Do a dry burn. Procure some PTB's, make the new wicks with the PTB's, fill, slap the innermost plug in there, and they're perfect. Is this a PITA? Somewhat. But once you do it, you won't be sorry. It's truly the best vaping experience, hands-down. Best vapor, best flavor (even better than dripping on a regular atty), long-life, and least time filling.

Or...you could just wait for the new E4's. Either way, this will be the future of vaping...the manufacturer just needs to get it right.

ok roth, first you need to ask where oyu bought them what OHM they are, if they are 2.5 ohm and your using them at 3.7 volts then you will get that taste. those 2.5 ohm cartos are meant for 3.3 volts or lower.

they also sell 3.0 ohm e2's and those dont have that issue your describing.

if you cut one open and there is no glue on the bottom then im thinking the issue i explained is what your experiencing.

there is one way to fix it slightly, watch my video on the ptb method, cut off the wicks and add ptb, that will let more then enough juice flow to the wick to silence that taste.

YouTube - All New E2 cartomizer PTB & Inner plug Mod & other Tips (Royal Smokers)

Last edited:

Stoked!

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2010
Philly Burbs
I too am a PTB fanatic!! I am truly converted to E2s but it wouldn't be so without the PTB. YOU MUST TRY IT!! No more burnt taste...wicking problems fixed...I'm in love!!!

It looks like more of a pain than it is. I cut a box of tea out of the TB at a time...and have it sitting with my ecig supplies. Just tear the edges open, fold, cut and place in carto with the help of the tooth hook used in the video. Cutting the wick is also fast if you have a tooth hook. They come right out. I don't cut them off completely. I cut them off flush with the top of the carto (personal preference), then push them back down with the same hook tool. They are very cheap at your local pharmacy or grocery store in "teeth care" section.

Last edited:

tonypilot7

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
Portland, OR
Okay, so I just got my 510 xl's from Clouds of Vapor yesterday and this is my experience so far...

1st one I opened and filled with the syringe, no dry burn, no ptb.Wicking was extremely slow and it had primer. So I emptied it out, soaked it in hot water and dry burned it. That got rid of the primer, but the wicking was still slow. So I pried out the wicks, cut them even with the top of the cart, (my scissors are too large to fit inside) and made some 6 ply 1/4 inch wide ptb inserts. That worked, but I could still get it to dry burn if I puffed back to back for 30 seconds or so.

On my second attempt, I cut the wicks and made the ptb's narrower. 8 Ply but only 3/16" wide. That seems to work well.

My 3rd attempt, I pulled the wicks out, cut them in the middle of the loops so there were 5 individual strands. Then I used my needle tweezers to fray them out so that they aren't twisted together. then I tucked the frayed ends back into the reservoir. No Ptb, just replaced the middle cup upside down and... OMG the wicking is perfect, no leaks and PLUUUUUUUMES of vapor.

These are the E2 mega carts that are listed as "The even NEWER 2nd Edition 510 Mega XL Cartomizers with Ceramic inside!"

I am using a big Chuck with a 3.7v Tenergy 2200 Mah
carts check in at 2.6 ohm
60% vg mixture

YMMV

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
My 3rd attempt, I pulled the wicks out, cut them in the middle of the loops so there were 5 individual strands. Then I used my needle tweezers to fray them out so that they aren't twisted together. then I tucked the frayed ends back into the reservoir. No Ptb, just replaced the middle cup upside down and... OMG the wicking is perfect, no leaks and PLUUUUUUUMES of vapor.

A member named 'fishjuice' tried this on another thread and liked the results too. I have one I'm donating to science and will try that as well.

Did you put the filler ring back? Or did you chuck it and just use the second ring laid flat? Or none of the above..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread