NEW! Vision Stardust ego 2.0 replaceable coil and tube - NOW IN STOCK!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
ECF or my computer or both are being a complete pain in the rump at the moment, and it won't let me quote. But I was wondering about the vinegar too. Harley do you do straight vinegar, or mixed with water? I was thinking about this as well for the heads since I don't have any vodka or pga yet. Vinegar does have an antibacterial property as well. Keep meaning to soak my drip tips in it and keep forgetting. I do clean them with dish soap and water.

jerry503

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2012
Portland OR
ECF or my computer or both are being a complete pain in the rump at the moment, and it won't let me quote. But I was wondering about the vinegar too. Harley do you do straight vinegar, or mixed with water? I was thinking about this as well for the heads since I don't have any vodka or pga yet. Vinegar does have an antibacterial property as well. Keep meaning to soak my drip tips in it and keep forgetting. I do clean them with dish soap and water.

I glad to hear at least one other person is using dish soap as well. Among the items I do not have in my not so well-stocked household: vodka, PGA, vinegar, baking soda, peroxide, denture tablets. Which I think covers everything suggested other than hot water (which I do have). :)

I'm assuming, but perhaps shouldn't, that dish soap would be a bad, bad, bad idea where the heads are concerned -- that it would gunk up the coils or wicks, or mess with the electrical or whatever. On the other hand -- urban legend perhaps, but I've heard that Dawn has been used successfully for de-gunking birds that have gotten life-threateningly stuck in oil spills. Well if it's that good for the poor little birdies...???

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
Playing around a bit tonight and noticed the Stardust coils and the nova coils are different. Same Ohm's, the Stardust has about 8 wraps on the wick and the nova has only four. Also the Stardust head has like a fiber cone in it supporting the wick. I was kinda surprised to see the different wraps. Different gauge wire???
Anyway I took a shortwick Stardust head. Took the one long loose wick off the nova and put that over the short wick Stardust and put it in the vivi nova. Works very well so far. Seems like more vapor than I was getting. Don't know why I did it, just did. More wraps on the wick just got me going and I thought I would see if it made a didderence in the nova

If you're worried about dry hits, when it comes time to get new heads, order the long wick Vivi Nova heads. In normal vaping using those in the stardust, I haven't had a dry hit yet, and they suck up every last drop of liquid from the stardust. This is with 50/50 and 60pg/40vg juices.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I glad to hear at least one other person is using dish soap as well. Among the items I do not have in my not so well-stocked household: vodka, PGA, vinegar, baking soda, peroxide, denture tablets. Which I think covers everything suggested other than hot water (which I do have). :)

I'm assuming, but perhaps shouldn't, that dish soap would be a bad, bad, bad idea where the heads are concerned -- that it would gunk up the coils or wicks, or mess with the electrical or whatever. On the other hand -- urban legend perhaps, but I've heard that Dawn has been used successfully for de-gunking birds that have gotten life-threateningly stuck in oil spills. Well if it's that good for the poor little birdies...???

I only use it for the drip tips though. I agree with keelagirl, would never use it on the wicks because it doesn't rinse out of any type of fabric well. They do use it on birds and other animals that have been in oil spills, because it is an amazing degreaser, but since we don't vape grease, well.... lol I do have peroxide and baking soda, but think I'll go for the vinegar til I get some vodka or everclear. Of course if I get vodka, I'm sure I'll also need some triple sec and cranberry juice for a cosmo. Or.....luvins idea of root beer and whipped cream with the vodka......she had a fun night that night! Been thinkin bout those ever since.

burns_erin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
The ArmPit of Texas
I only use it for the drip tips though. I agree with keelagirl, would never use it on the wicks because it doesn't rinse out of any type of fabric well. They do use it on birds and other animals that have been in oil spills, because it is an amazing degreaser, but since we don't vape grease, well.... lol I do have peroxide and baking soda, but think I'll go for the vinegar til I get some vodka or everclear. Of course if I get vodka, I'm sure I'll also need some triple sec and cranberry juice for a cosmo. Or.....luvins idea of root beer and whipped cream with the vodka......she had a fun night that night! Been thinkin bout those ever since.

Oh gracious, reminds me of my one of my favorite adult beverages when I used to drink. Rootbeer, Dr. McGillicuddy's vanilla schnapps, a splash of Galliano, and then float a tablespoon of heavy cream.

Alcoholic rootbeer float against the wall....

Aunt Cranky

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2010
Chicagoland
Oh gracious, reminds me of my one of my favorite adult beverages when I used to drink. Rootbeer, Dr. McGillicuddy's vanilla schnapps, a splash of Galliano, and then float a tablespoon of heavy cream.

Alcoholic rootbeer float against the wall....

I suppose the Galliano is what makes it "against the wall" LOL:toast: seriously... I can't touch the stuff no matter HOW drunk I am.

Anyway, I am really loving this idea of the rebuildable stardusts - using one right now as a matter of fact. I am waiting for the COLORS to arrive and then I'm all good to go... The Stardusts really are pretty darn wonderful. Of all the cartos / tanks I've tried recently - these suckers (the stardusts) are real tough. I've kept some of them going for a couple months - even with all the weird juices I've vaped. Just clean, dry burn, easy peasy.

These rebuildable ones are perfect - you can really get in and clean them thoroughly and being able to swap them out with long wick vs. short wick heads... oooh yeah!!

keep 'em comin GV guys.. and we'll keep on buyin!

byggd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2011
So Cal
Yes, rebuilding these heads is just a easy as the vivi was :)

I haven't rebuilt one yet, but I did disassemble one for a mega dry-burn using a torch. Rebuilding will be very easy, far easier than version 1.

The torch dry-burn brought performance back to new level. In fact, I think it's working better than new.
Thanks for the confirmation :toast: Think I will swap out the head and give it a try later today.

Last edited:

burns_erin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
The ArmPit of Texas
I suppose the Galliano is what makes it "against the wall" LOL:toast: seriously... I can't touch the stuff no matter HOW drunk I am.

Anyway, I am really loving this idea of the rebuildable stardusts - using one right now as a matter of fact. I am waiting for the COLORS to arrive and then I'm all good to go... The Stardusts really are pretty darn wonderful. Of all the cartos / tanks I've tried recently - these suckers (the stardusts) are real tough. I've kept some of them going for a couple months - even with all the weird juices I've vaped. Just clean, dry burn, easy peasy.

These rebuildable ones are perfect - you can really get in and clean them thoroughly and being able to swap them out with long wick vs. short wick heads... oooh yeah!!

keep 'em comin GV guys.. and we'll keep on buyin!

Yep, galliano (and the fact they go down so easy so you can drink slot of them so you end up there) is what makes it against the wall. I love that stuff, but admittedly most people drink it without the galliano, and if you do take out the galliano, vanilla vodka is key.

Mare1077

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
Miami, FL
The whipped cream vodka does go very well with soda. I drink it with pepsi and it tastes like and old fashioned vanilla coke! But BEWARE, they are very dangerous! I can't taste the alcohol at all. Would be very easy to overdo it...

Oh...and as for the new stardusts...
I can't wait to try them. I am hooked on my vivi, but want to try these also. I can't imagine that they are all that different. I am waiting for the vivi's to be back in stock this week to pick up a couple more (maybe a mini too...)

Last edited:

Aunt Cranky

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2010
Chicagoland
Well I accidently concocted an interesting drink the other day that involved coconut milk (or coconut ice cream!), vanilla vodka (or vanilla rum) a ton of ice, and a splash of Goldschlager. Put it in a blender with some crushed vanilla cookies - top with whipped cream.. tastes like that "Fried Ice Cream" dessert you can get at some chain Mexican restaurants. Can also induce a serious food coma. :)

SO anyway.. :) (I digress) is there a video out there somewhere that describes how to rebuild the heads (or take them apart for an epic dry burn?). Are they put together like the old stardust heads (I know there's a vid up there somewhere on how to take those apart - that seemed fairly easy). I'm not much of a DIY'er, but being able to dry burn the crap outa the wicks seems like an attractive experiment.

harleydiva

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2012
Southern Michigan
Well I accidently concocted an interesting drink the other day that involved coconut milk (or coconut ice cream!), vanilla vodka (or vanilla rum) a ton of ice, and a splash of Goldschlager. Put it in a blender with some crushed vanilla cookies - top with whipped cream.. tastes like that "Fried Ice Cream" dessert you can get at some chain Mexican restaurants. Can also induce a serious food coma. :)

Ohhh....the last time I drank Goldschlager, I was in Texas, and ended up with a new tattoo when I woke up in the morning....never again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread