New Vs Old Atomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

solonguniverse

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Missouri, USA
I ordered 2 of them from Innovapor today, you have to specify 30K attys in the special notes of the order so they know what to ship. I think they work better, especially on the 5-6v mod.

Thanks for the heads-up. Now I feel like a douche. Do I need to say that I really really really really like the new atomizers?

hxj

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Arlington, MA
For those of you who are going to Innovapor for the new 510 atomizers, be aware that they do NOT sell them anymore. If you order a 510 from innovapor expect the old titan atomizers.

I'm going to be very, very annoyed if my three 510 atomizers on order from InnoVapor turn out to be the old-style when they finally arrive. When I ordered them, the web site expressly said they were the 30K ones, but that was way back on the 12th and my order's been held up because of other bits that are out of stock. I had assumed the rest of my order is sitting in the box waiting for the last bits (ECOpure). If it turns out they didn't hold my 30K atomizers and wind up sending me the old ones instead, that's going to have to be my last order from InnoVapor, I think. :|

Tink10

ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Southeastern Wisconsin
I'm going to be very, very annoyed if my three 510 atomizers on order from InnoVapor turn out to be the old-style when they finally arrive. When I ordered them, the web site expressly said they were the 30K ones, but that was way back on the 12th and my order's been held up because of other bits that are out of stock. I had assumed the rest of my order is sitting in the box waiting for the last bits (ECOpure). If it turns out they didn't hold my 30K atomizers and wind up sending me the old ones instead, that's going to have to be my last order from InnoVapor, I think. :|

Not knowing that there were two different styles, I'm now very shocked because my first order, back in early August, I got the new attys and with my last order, which came this week, I got the old ones.

When my last order came, I noticed a difference in the external appearance and thought that they may have redesigned them.....they are pretty.....

But I just tested them side by side and in performance, there is no comparison. The new attys (that I received with my first order) blow the old ones away. I'm not going to order again until I know that I can get the new ones.

solonguniverse

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Missouri, USA
Not knowing that there were two different styles, I'm now very shocked because my first order, back in early August, I got the new attys and with my last order, which came this week, I got the old ones.

When my last order came, I noticed a difference in the external appearance and thought that they may have redesigned them.....they are pretty.....

But I just tested them side by side and in performance, there is no comparison. The new attys (that I received with my first order) blow the old ones away. I'm not going to order again until I know that I can get the new ones.

If this is the first time you've ever used the old-style atomizers, you should be aware that there is a pretty extensive break-in period(1-2 weeks) before the atomizers function as well as they can as compared to the new-style atomizers which worked perfectly almost right from the start. I still think the peak performance of the new-style is the best I've ever seen, but the old-style are good in their own way.

Tink10

ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Southeastern Wisconsin
If this is the first time you've ever used the old-style atomizers, you should be aware that there is a pretty extensive break-in period(1-2 weeks) before the atomizers function as well as they can as compared to the new-style atomizers which worked perfectly almost right from the start. I still think the peak performance of the new-style is the best I've ever seen, but the old-style are good in their own way.

Thanks so much for letting me know....I definately learn something new about vaping every day :p

I went ahead & put one of the old style attys on my passthrough to break it in.

Thanks Again!

solonguniverse

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Missouri, USA
I've never flooded either model. I like the older ones better because the carts fit more snug and aren't as loose as the new ones. I've had way too many of the carts come right out of the atty after I take a draw.

Yeah. They really should've shipped them with the appropriate cartridges, but 901s work great if you don't mind whistle-tips. I think they have round 901s as well.

Lazarus

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2009
Treasure Coast, FL
I have *never* flooded a new-style atomizer. Not even when dripping.

Try like 5 or 6 drops, I've done it by accident. The hair helps wick away the juice from the coil. You need like 8 drops to flood a hairy atty.

It gurgles like hell with 5 or 6 drops but still vapes. My JSB attys can't handle it.

solonguniverse

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Missouri, USA
Try like 5 or 6 drops, I've done it by accident. The hair helps wick away the juice from the coil. You need like 8 drops to flood a hairy atty.

It gurgles like hell with 5 or 6 drops but still vapes. My JSB attys can't handle it.

I guess I should have stated that I've never flooded a new-style atomizer under normal use. I haven't compared the absolute limit of both atomizers, but my old-style atomizers flood under normal circumstances all of the time.

New one leaks for me too. One drop, two, doesn't matter, leak leak leak between the atomizer and batt, and the cart if you lay it horizontal. I'm starting to think I should just drop the nic liquid directly onto my skin and eliminate the middle man. The performance seems good, but I'm a newb. The longer wick seems to push against the fill and either impede flow or get the nasty tasting poly fibers all up in the atomizer. I'm starting to wish I'd gotten a different model.

newkirk

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
North Carolina
That's odd, I've never had ANY 510 leak between atty and batty... It's always between atty and cart. The 'new-style' leak far more readily there than the 'old-style', presumably because the tube wall of the atty is a poor fit to the standard 510 cartridge diameter. But I get leaks there on all of mine, old and new, just more common with the new.

Since the atty wick/bridge protrudes farther into the cart, I always make sure that the cart is not quite as full if going on the 'new-style' atty, so that when the wick presses in against the filler in the cart it doesn't squeeze out several drops of fluid that then have nowhere to go but out... Seems to help a lot...

j

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread