Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbes4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2009
After 3 days with new style atty here is what i noticed:

-the first time i dripped the liquid ran right off the metal mesh and down to the metal ring/plate thing. Now on the third day it absorbs better but not like the classic style...hoping this is just some primer residue thing that will fade away.

-Great vapor production, on par with classic style.

-Doesn't seem to get quite as hot as the classic style or as fast. I can vape more consecutive hits and there is less wait time between hits.

-The first 1-2 hits after a flesh drip or cart top off is great, plenty of throat hit, but after that i don't feel anything. This may be why some have reported going through more liquid with the new style. I literally have to top off every 2 hits to feel classic style throat hit. I wonder if the liquid not absorbing well into the metal mesh (my first point) is causing this. Hopefully it gets better.

I'm going to give this new style atty 4 more days (1 week of exclusive use) and then decide if they are going back or not. The main reason i bought the 510 was for the great throat hit and if this new style atty can't replicate that then what's the point of using a 510.

Well, i guess i spoke a little to soon with my mini review yesterday (above). Last night the new style atty really started kicking. I am now getting good throat hit consistently. I have found that drawing a little slower gives more time for the metal mesh to soak up liquid from the cart. I can now get 4-6 hits (3-4 seconds each) with great throat hit before i have to set it down for a minute. I don't know if it's just my imagination but i swear the Ecopure liquid taste better and has more flavor with the new style atty...maybe it's because they don't get as hot as the classic style, maybe i'm just getting my taste buds back, either way i'm happy about it.

hobbes4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2009
I plan on posting my opinions on them after a month or when vapor production seriously decreases/becomes unusable. It seems like all of the craziness about whether or not its a valid Joye model has overshadowed whether or not its an improvement.

Agreed.

I encourage anyone with a 510 to give this new atty a serious try. Don't just use it for one day and expect it to out shine the classic style we all know and love...give it an honest, unbiased effort.

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
The point has never been whether it's an improvement or not. The issue is truth in advertising. InnoVapor lists these as JOYE510 hardware when they're not made by Joyetech.
Surf...Well noted...My atomizers were purchased from Eastmall and were just listed as M510 atomizers...there was no mention of them being Joye510's at all..even though it has seemd to work out to my benefit! Some mention of this should be made on InnoVapers site in regard to the correct style IMO:)The Wiz!

firhill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2009
Port Huron MI./Ontario, CA.
Exactly. Once I was able to confirm that these aren't Joyetech hardware, that's all I've been asking for. InnoVapor should make a more clear distinction between these JSB-510s and the Joyetech 510s so that consumers know what they're buying.

They should have. They didn't

...and now it's over and done with, hopefully, we can all move on.

solonguniverse

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Missouri, USA
The point has never been whether it's an improvement or not. The issue is truth in advertising. InnoVapor lists these as JOYE510 hardware when they're not made by Joyetech.

I suppose the thread has gone a little off-topic, but I wasn't trying to say whether or not they were Joye was a moot point. I've actually stopped calling it a Joye 510 and started referring to it simply as a 510. I'm just too happy with the atomizer to care.

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Sesame Street
They should have. They didn't.

There's absolutely nothing stopping them from rectifying what many of us (including Joyetech) consider an ethically questionable listing on their site. I work with interactive marketing every day of the week. If InnoVapor wanted to, they could change how the product is listed today.

I have no other problem with them beyond this single issue. Other than this, I've always gotten excellent service from InnoVapor.

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Sesame Street
so why the h4rd on? youve crusaded relentlessly about this for weeks, and most of us here believe it to be cleared up. thanks for helping bring light to this, but, really...congratulations, now you can let your deathgrip on this subject relax. were grateful. really. seriously. thanks. umm...*wave*

Oh brother.

The funny thing is that I'm alternately accused of being a shill for InnoVapor and being a hit man against them. I guess having a strong opinion is frowned upon here.

Ridewithme38

Moved On
Jun 22, 2009
Oh brother.

The funny thing is that I'm alternately accused of being a shill for InnoVapor and being a hit man against them. I guess having a strong opinion is frowned upon here.

Dozens of websites have been doing this with the DSE901 and the RN since before i was vaping...I don't get why THIS specific time is a big deal but none of those are...if your Truely fighting for truth in advertising...I can give you a list of alot more websites you should be fighting against in addition to innovapor...

hobbes4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2009
Another thing i noticed about the new style atty is that i've had to loosen my cart filler more so than the classic style atty. It seems the new style doesn't wick as well but is more resistant to flooding(in fact, i haven't flooded it yet). If i try using this same filling on the classic style it instantly floods it. Not saying one is any better than the other...just an observation i have come across when comparing the two.

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Sesame Street
Dozens of websites have been doing this with the DSE901 and the RN since before i was vaping...I don't get why THIS specific time is a big deal but none of those are...if your Truely fighting for truth in advertising...I can give you a list of alot more websites you should be fighting against in addition to innovapor...

You misunderstand. I'm not fighting for or against anything. And the fact that other sites misrepresent their hardware too isn't particularly relevant. I use 510 hardware so that's what's important to me. At the moment the only two places where the JSB-510 atomizers are sold are EastMall and InnoVapor.

Again, I don't have any problem with InnoVapor beyond this single issue, and even this is relatively minor. It just bugs me that they won't address it head on. I'm sorry that ruffles some people's feathers. It's not meant to.

RsL

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
Minneapolis
Again, I don't have any problem with InnoVapor beyond this single issue, and even this is relatively minor. It just bugs me that they won't address it head on. I'm sorry that ruffles some people's feathers. It's not meant to.

Not to ruffle more feathers, rather to state a fact, but the 510 batteries I received from InnoVapor are shorter than normal Joye 510 batteries and don't work in my PCC because of that. I'm convinced that I received a complete JSB-510 kit from them, even though it was advertised at as Joye510. I see they continue to advertise it as such. They won't be getting any more of my business....

Last edited:

VaporStyx

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2009
NC, USA
Not to ruffle more feathers, rather to state a fact, but the 510 batteries I received from InnoVapor are shorter than normal Joye 510 batteries and don't work in my PCC because of that. I'm convinced that I received a complete JSB-510 kit from them, even though it was advertised at as Joye510. I see they continue to advertise it as such. They won't be getting any more of my business....

I recently got a "510 Starter Kit" from Innovapor with the "30k" atty's, and a PCC. No problem fitting the batteries. I just looked however, and there is a small felt circle stuck to the inside of the PCC cover where the battery rests while charging. Could this fix your problem RsL?

BTW, once I got over the tip-fitting / leakage issue, by using a 901 tip (as someone previously discovered), I have been loving my new setup. I'm not familiar with Joye 510 atomizers, so I can't really compare, but my 901 setup hasn't been used for 10 days. :>

Talen

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
East Coast U.S.A/Thailand

I've gotten batteries from IV, E smokey treats and TW they all work in my PCC and they are all the same size...maybe you have a bad PCC.

RsL

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
Minneapolis
I've gotten batteries from IV, E smokey treats and TW they all work in my PCC and they are all the same size...maybe you have a bad PCC.

I have a stock pile of nearly thirty 510 batteries now from several different suppliers, so I'm quite familiar with the size of them. The ones I recently got from IV are clearly shorter than the others, which is easy to tell, you know? ;) And that is why they don't work in the PCC.

With that said, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the batteries you got from IV are the correct size as IV orders their parts from multiple suppliers. All I know is that mine aren't.

Last edited:

V10Beast

ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2009
California
On another thread, I made an observation that the batteries from Eastmall is indeed different as are their atty's. And unlinke some of the members here, I don't like, nor use the new atty's (4 I got from them) and am going to phase out their batts (4 from them). I'm too lazy to send it back to China, so I have to chalk it up as a loss. If I knew prior that these were not JOYE products, I would not have bought it from them. In other words, I got duped for almost $100 bucks because of false and misleading advertising for a knock-off product. Never dealt with IV, but I am sure that is the same case for someone else.

Whether or not the knock-offs work the same/better is beside the point. Perhaps IV got duped by Eastmall as well, but now they know. And for them not to address this is just the whole point. I support Surf 100% in his reasoning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread