New, Wanting to Start, But Thoroughly Confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanynn

Oct 23, 2012
Washington
Hi everyone. I really wanted to stay a wallflower and just soak up all this info from reading the boards, but it seems the more I read, the more confused I get, thus the more I smoke! I really just want to get started with the e-cigs and kick this habit! From everything I've read thus far, I'm considering the eGo-C. Would this be a decent starter kit? Joye eGo-C Twist | ViVi Nova Clearomizer Starter Kit - EVcigarettes.com
Currently I smoke Virginia Slim Ultra Light Menthols, a little less than a pack a day. I NEED to kick this habit desperately- I gave it up once successfully while I was pregnant and breastfeeding, so I know I can do it again, but I am hoping this is a better and more rewarding route. Any suggestions on juice and brands of e-cigs are more than welcome!!! I would like to order something tomorrow (Tuesday) while I'm still incredibly motivated. Thanks in advance for any and all advice!

Thinice

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2012
Farmington, Mn
Welcome to ECF! our starter kit looks like a great launching point to kick the habit. As far as juice goes its a whole trial and error thing in the beginning because your taste buds are used to smoke not vapor. I suggest getting a few sample bottles of a few flavors from different venders and see what works for you. Hope this helps!

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Ray at Valley View sells this one - it doesn't come with a vivi, but they less expensive than another battery. I would still suggest getting an atty though eGo Twist 650 Starter Kit

One of these would be the atty: Atomizers

ETA: I have vivi novas, but I really like his polypro tanks and the kit comes with one. I currently like it better than the nova.

Last edited:

K DUB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2012
CALIFORNIA
check out all the board vendors for a starter kit. for a pack a day smoker, you might want to look at something a little larger than the mini cigs. i always suggest the volcano inferno, for the simplicity, and it looks great! any of the board sponsors would be a good bet. don't just jump in, call and ask some questions. as mentioned before, backup batteries are essential to quitting. as far as juice..it's trial and error. some better, some worse, but somewhere is your perfect juice. you just have to find it. try sample offers and such, most vendors offer some variation of a sample deal. vape dudes offers 40%off of your first order great way to get a taste.

ImThatGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
California
Ray at Valley View sells this one - it doesn't come with a vivi, but they less expensive than another battery. I would still suggest getting an atty though eGo Twist 650 Starter Kit

ETA: I have vivi novas, but I really like his polypro tanks and the kit comes with one. I currently like it better than the nova.

Welcome to the forum! I second the twist kit.

victorcan

Verified Member
Oct 15, 2011
Buffalo, NY
The full ego line by joye is excellent.. I agree with the ocelot, if you pick up a kit it should come with 2 batteries, it is essential to have a backup or life will suck if you only have one and the battery dies... And I personally have found that the Low resistance atomizers are best, not because of their ease but as he said you don't waste alotta juice if you dont like or wanna simply change up.. Additionally the Low Resistance atomizers seem to give a more "real feel" to the vape experience, In the feeling you get in the throat and chest vs. the cartomizers or clearomizers (though i just ordered some new clearomizers on the cheap via ebay) , does take more work in filling it periodically than the others but in my opinion well worth it.. I smoked 2 packs a day for over 20 years so I cant begin to tell you how pleased i am with the e-cig.. I quit 3 times for more than 6 months all of which failed with me picking up again.. I have been successfully off cigarettes for over a year now and totally attribute it to the e-cig and the many communities supporting us here... Good luck and if you need any help or have questions just ask were here to help each other :) Good Luck ...

VStarGirl

Aug 26, 2012
WV
By all means go with the ego systems. I wish I would have started with them instead of piddling around with the 510s and blu. Anyway, I got a Joyetech eGo 1000mAh Starter Kit from MyFreedomSmokes.com (Great customer service and fast!)
Get the one with the clearomizers. I just ordered some clearomizers with the changeable heads, but haven't tried them yet.About a month ago I got a twist. I like it but it takes some getting used to finding the good spots for different flavors and brands of juice. I smoked both regular and menthol and still find I like to switch up about every other day. My favorite menthols are Johnson Creek's Tundra and Wisconsin Frost for menthol. Tundra has a good clean sharp kick to it and Wisconsin Frost is a softer smoother vape with a tiny bit of sweet. I've also had good luck ordering parts from VaporCigzz.com, Raging Vapor and MadVapes. Good luck, you can do it! I've only had 4 tobacco cigs since September3rd. That was only because I was out on my motorcycle and both batteries died, so I bummed off of my husband. They tasted nasty!

XtianApi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2012
Tucker, Georgia
Ego Twist, I agree, good choice. Someone suggested me a ikenvape.com cartomizer, boges are also supposed to be good. I haven't tried them yet because I wanted to try the more... complicated, if you will, things first. I have since ordered the cartomizers because they seem simple. The twist is what I am getting my wife, she doesn't like the whole vaping thing like we all do, she just wants to not smoke and to get a variable voltage device for that amount of money is awesome. You are lucky that you discovered all of this before buying one of those cigarette sized devices, like Blu or something. I tried one a year ago and went back to smoking because of it, wish I had found this stuff earlier.

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
Hi! I suggest adding another battery to that, so you can vape one while the other one is charging. You might also want to add a regular atomizer, so you can try out e-liquids before putting it in a tank in case you don't like it.

Welcome to ECF and to the world of vaping. I wish you every success.

I second Ocelot's suggestions and would emphasize that getting a second Twist battery is a must. It is not safe to leave batteries charging overnight or unattended and you don't want to wait hours without vaping for a battery to charge.

Finding juices that you like more than you like smoking can sometimes be a challenge. Since everyone had different tastes it is impossible to reliably recommend any. Don't just try tobacco juices. Most people find plenty of favorites in other categories. This thread has a few of the sellers that offer juice sample sizes, Sample Packs - A listing for those seeking a favorite juice.

You can see juice seller's ranked by ECF popularity in post #1489 in the Top 5 vendors (e-liquid) thread.

klynnn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2012
prattville
I second the twist but go with 900 or 1000mah and have 2 of them !@#$ happens. Those will last almost a full day. No sense charging batts anymore than you have to. I hate the cartomizers so I always recommend the vivi nova as the juice delivery device. Never leave the batteries charging when you are not around and check them every so often- they may be warm but shouldn't be hot to the touch. Juice is probably the hardest thing to get right. Some are lucky to find a supplier they love right off the bat and then there are others like me who wasn't happy so started making my own. Be prepared to try several juice vendors and buy small bottles till you find something you like.

shanynn

Oct 23, 2012
Washington
Wow, you all are amazing! To wake up to all this help is wonderful! What a great community- I feel so blessed to have found this site!
So now I think I'm leaning towards this one: eGo Twist 650 Starter Kit but it says 'out of stock'. Shoot! I like the idea of having 2 batteries- thanks for bringing that up everyone!
A few more questions- What is a vivi? And there are 2 atomizers listed here- what is the difference between the 2 and what is it used for? Sorry to be so dense!!!
Thanks everyone.

shanynn

Oct 23, 2012
Washington
OK, Just placed my order from altsmoke.com. Keeping my fingers crossed! This is what I got:

Vision Clearomizer - Version 3
Complete CE4 - Color Selection
1 x VCE4 - Complete - Purple $4.95

1 x VCE4 - Complete - Clear $4.95

1 x VCE4 - Complete - Black $4.95

eGo-C - USB Wall Adapter
$7.95 1 $7.95

eGo Series - USB Battery Charger
$7.95 1 $7.95

eGo-C Twist Battery
eGo Battery Color
Black
Battery Size
1000mAh
$25.99 1 $25.99

eGo-C Twist Battery
eGo Battery Color
Pink
Battery Size
650mAh
$22.99 1 $22.99

10ml - High Caliber Bottles
Flavors
Creme De Menthe
Juice Strengths
Medium (12mg)
$6.95 1 $6.95

10ml - AltLiquid Premium
Flavors
Smoothol
Juice Strengths
Low (6mg)
$6.95 1 $6.95

10ml - AltLiquid Premium
Flavors
Amaretti
Juice Strengths
Low (6mg)
$6.95 1 $6.95

Thanks for all your help, and I hope I did ok and didn't forget anything too important!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread