New York State Ban?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't know enough about it, sadly, but it is fairly likely when it goes into effect, a lot of sites won't ship to the state anymore for fear of getting in trouble. Maybe China for the hardware I guess. Flavors probably maybe okay depending on the manufacturer and how/what they sell them "for." But, that has been my observation on state bans. Unless you have an out of state pal who can accept and then resend the packages you are a bit sunk (and yes you can get in trouble doing that.)

IDK the exact details but that is what I have seen during other state bans. I would stock up on nic I guess, if you can. VG/PG you can get many, many places I wouldn't worry so much about that.

Good luck :( Sorry to not be more help.

Anna

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I don't see why VG and PG cannot be shipped to NY, but I would not bet on nic base. However, it will be up to each individual company's policy. Some are more squeamish than others.

My guess is DIY companies that sell vg, pg and nic base will not ship anything to NY to keep it simple.

Better hurry up and stock up.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Can someone explain what the New York State ban means for people living in New York State.
    I believe it starts May 18. Will you still be able to buy vg. pg. nic and hardware online and shipped to New York address? Any facts are appreciated.

Thanks

Way back in time my state of Georgia banned fireworks. We had to make a run over to Alabama to get fireworks for July 4th every year. Since we usually spent a week in Panama City, FL in June we'd just drive back though Alabama and pick up $100 worth of fireworks for the 4th of July. Now, they are legal in GA. Go figure.

Apparently, NY is suffering from anemic tobacco taxes due to vaping. They are worried about the tax receipts and not about the health of smokers.

Getting Nic shipped into a state that bans it could be difficult. You might have to make a run into an adjacent state like we did for fireworks. I wouldn't see law enforcement being concerned about vape supplies in your trunk. Don't speed or attract attention on your way back!

Last edited:

Wow1420

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 17, 2013
    Somewhere out there
    I don't see why VG and PG cannot be shipped to NY, but I would not bet on nic base. However, it will be up to each individual company's policy. Some are more squeamish than others.

My guess is DIY companies that sell vg, pg and nic base will not ship anything to NY to keep it simple.

Better hurry up and stock up.

Sadly, your guess seems to be spot on.

Heartland already has a notice on their site that they have stopped shipping any products to NY.

SmokNovo24L

May 2, 2020
    Can someone explain what the New York State ban means for people living in New York State.
    I believe it starts May 18. Will you still be able to buy vg. pg. nic and hardware online and shipped to New York address? Any facts are appreciated.

Thanks
    I’m almost positive we have until July 1st for purchasing
    Eliquid online...check this out ,hope this helps!
    NY – (UPDATED) Stand Up to Vaping/Flavor Bans! - CASAA

and I hope that May18th is not the deadline

Reactions: stols001

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    The problem here is that most, if not all, of these sellers have vape or nicotine in their business name and they refuse to ship under another name. Because of this, they probably won't even ship VG and PG out of fear they may be accused of selling and shipping nic and eliquid to NYers.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017

Javichu

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    al-capone.jpg

In all seriousness i feel sorry for you guys,dang it must really suck that you are not given the freedom to choose well you know BEING HEALTHY!!
    Is crossing state lines for shopping vaping products an option or are all surrounding states cursed with the same laws?
    My heart goes out to you guys,hope government opens their eyes and sees the truth,people shouldn't have to resort to going cold turkey,hoarding vaping materials or going back to smoking which ISN'T AN OPTION!!

Hugs from a fellow vaper in Spain

cheers

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2019
    USA

Thanks
    Companies that are based around actual vaping unlikely to not ship anything to New York regardless of what the laws say can and cannot be sent. They're going to want to play it safe and just not ship it all. However places that are not Vape related will still ship flavors and PG and VG. I don't think you'll be able to get nicotine unless it's from a friend or something like that. Out-of-country suppliers probably will not give a flying fig. If it gets through customs than great but that is a risk.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread