Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Look underneath your avatar. It tells you how many posts you have (you are at 5).
Replies do count.
You will have to wait until :25 after the hour for the servers to refresh, which will unlock the chains and allow you to roam and harass the rest of the forum.
Yes, I believe that at that point you will be allowed to have a signature.

Oh! And welcome to the forum, neighbor!!

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
I don't know about your signature line. You'll need to check in your profile settings. BUT... your post counter says you have 5 posts. 5 posts is 5 posts no matter how you got them. You'll need to wait until :25 after the hour and the server will reset, then you'll be free to post almost anywhere.

I must be slippin'... ya beat me............... this time. :grr:

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
Welcome aboard

- How can I tell if I've passed my mandatory first 5 new user posts without simply attempting to post in a different forum?

JStallings

- do replies go against the '5 count'?
Yes
- Are signature privileges a feature available only to the fully vetted?
Not sure on that one

Equilibrium

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2014
Georgia
I must be slippin'... ya beat me............... this time. ninja-2.jpg :

Fixed it....... again.....

popcorn.gif

JStallings

Verified Member
Oct 15, 2014
Houston, Texas, United States
Hahah, that's actually what I was hoping to put in my signature xD

I started out with an Aspire Ecto Ninja 1100mah pass-through. I didn't really have even the basics about vaping and juice down, and honestly, I still have a lot to learn. But I digress! I found the Ecto to be mostly satisfactory; but as I came to accumulate some experience with vaping, I realized some of the juices seemed to be harsher than others and some more 'foggy'. At first I thought it was the tank/coil combo, and I found a good deal on a Kanger Tech Pro Tank 3 dual coil tank, which I tried putting on the Aspire battery. To say the least, it was completely uninspiring. I took it off and left it in the console of my car for two weeks.

During that two weeks, I continued to have some fairly variable mileage with the Aspire. Sometimes it was really good, and sometimes really bad. I finally decided I must be buying junk juices, and started getting some custom mixed at a local vapor boutique. The fellow doing the mixing walked me into a flavor or two I really enjoy, and things got very consistently good, but I started going through a lot of coils.

So about yesterday morning it occurred to me to look into PG/VG ratio, and that was the jackpot. I also decided the whole problem with the Kanger was probably that the battery I had wasn't well suited to it, so I went down to the shop and got a new Vision Spinner. This combination, with the juice tuned for hit volume vs throat hit and the battery tuned to the juice is so consistently right for me that I went down and built another this morning as a backup ;)

I'm really liking the Kanger/Vision combo, features, function, and price point are perfect and having the Aspire on hand means I have one to share if the occasion warrants :)

Cheers and thanks for asking!

James

Last edited:

JStallings

Verified Member
Oct 15, 2014
Ok Y'all this morning I have a question for ya:

At what point should I consider my Kanger tank 'empty'? The reason I ask is I'm using a pretty high VG content, and I'd like to give the coil and tank a good deep rinse with hot water between tank refills.

Can anyone offer some guidance?

Vape on and stay off them nasty analogs ;)

Cheers
James

Last edited:

JStallings

Verified Member
Oct 15, 2014
Hi and thanks for the welcome!

Yes, I can see through the tank, but it has metal bits at each end that reserve a considerable amount of juice; the tank is a bottom coil tank, so according to my juice vendor, I should be able to get about every last drop out of it.

That being said, I also buy coils from the same guy ;)

Cheers
James

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
You should be able to pretty much vape it dry, James. I'm assuming that you are using pre-built coils with silica wicks... that means that even if you get a dry hit, it won't really hurt the wicks at all... so, if that's the case, vape it till it don't vape no more.
By the way, from where are you getting your juice and coils? For local, I usually hit Vapor Right on FM 1960 and I-45.

JStallings

Verified Member
Oct 15, 2014
Heya Kaezziel :)

I did notice you were in my general vicinity - I'm down in La Porte right now, so I buy my hardware at the La Porte Tobacco Store; they're the tobacconist I and my family have patronized lo these many years. They have a fairly amazing price on both the battery and tank I'm using, I was unable to beat either on the interwebs.

During my escapades (chronicled elsewhere LOL) I decided to get custom juice; this was somewhat inspired by my noting a vapor boutique quite near the kitchen where I work, and I decided to stop in. The place is called Firehouse Vapors, it's on Marina Del Mar in Clear Lake Shores.

Their juice is the better deal in the house, their hardware is pretty much 2x what my tobacconist charges, but he has a better selection, especially at the high end; he has all the latest mods, mech, box, etc every thing for drip, the big multi heater electronic hookas, etc (sorry if thats sounding like an advert, I'll stop heh). I'd be willing to bet all of that is priced a bit high too.

He mixes the juice on the spot, and he has a customer loyalty program and weekly product lottery, and he has a nice environment with a big lounge and flavor sample platter with disposable tips and charged batts, it's not a terrible place at all if a little more expensive than a cig store.

He has more flavors than we have beer varieties at the pub, and that is saying something ;)

Gotta run, time to get ready to work :)

Cheers and happy vaping!
James

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Thanks, James!

If I find myself down on that side of town, I'll check them out. I mostly hang out up here near Spring/Woodlands... don't stray far from work/home much anymore with the exception of trips to the medical center.
I did make a note of Firehouse on my phone though... just in case I'm down there at any point... I'm always up for trying new flavors!! :D

Have a good afternoon!
Kaz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread