Not open for further replies.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Hi everyone!

I joined back in February and have been silent fan ever since. This is a fantastic community with a multitude of knowledgeable members. Its more than a little overwhelming! :confused:

I have been exploring topics of interest, using "search" to try and answer my never-ending rush of questions, and learning a bunch! So my first order of business has to be a HUGE "Thank you!!" to one and all! :thumbs: All you guys an gals rock.

My second order of business is a request for guidance on general etiquette; part of my hesitance to jump in earlier has been when/where to ask a question and when to just "shut up and soldier on." I try to do my due diligence and first search for same/similar thoughts and questions across the board and almost always find comments that address my query. But often these are scattered across various threads and forums that are related more to other topics. So this leads to my following concerns:

1) I really don't want to make members repeat themselves any more than necessary.

2) As a Newb (with restriction to New Members forum) is it ok to as a question that is already under discussion elsewhere on the board?

3) When (once I have met my 5 post obligation; and have general posting privileges) is it more appropriate to start a new thread vs. risking taking an existing thread off-topic?

I'm sorry if this seems silly; I was raised by "Miss Manners" and even now at 52 years old I still suffer the scars of having my ears boxed for "inappropriate behavior." :blush:

Retro138

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2014
Philadelphia
It can seem a bit daunting with so much knowledge. It took me a good 2 months til I said a word.
There is no such thing as a bad question IMO especially in the vaping arena, just take a look at the safety sub forum.
If you ask a question that's already been talked about you'll be directed to the thread that already exists. The mods on this forum are really amazing and on top of helping people find their answer.
If you can't find your answer start a new thread. If one like it exists a mod will direct you to it, and pm and kindly ask a mod to delete your thread if you find your answer.

A lot of the time your question is subjective to your vape needs,cares and wants. Fire away and welcome IDJoel

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Hi @IDJoel , welcome to our sanity. The dumbest question you can have is the one you don't ask. There are many great people on ECF more than happy to help someone on their vape journey. Don't be shy, we all like it here.

There is a keyword activated search box in the upper right above your name and avatar. I use it daily as it is easy to find a wealth of information.

You can reply to posts and they count towards the 5. You don't need separate posts, then just wait till the forum resets at half past the hour.

Good luck in your vape journey.

opticruby

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
UK
Hello IDJoel. Glad your with us and vaping.

Here there are loads of people who'll help with any questions you have (me included). The last thing anyone here would want is for you to be too shy to ask.

So please feel free to ask because even if it has been talked about new things always come to light that havent been mentioned before. :)

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
It can seem a bit daunting with so much knowledge. It took me a good 2 months til I said a word.
There is no such thing as a bad question IMO especially in the vaping arena, just take a look at the safety sub forum.
If you ask a question that's already been talked about you'll be directed to the thread that already exists. The mods on this forum are really amazing and on top of helping people find their answer.
If you can't find your answer start a new thread. If one like it exists a mod will direct you to it, and pm and kindly ask a mod to delete your thread if you find your answer.

A lot of the time your question is subjective to your vape needs,cares and wants. Fire away and welcome IDJoel

Thank you for the encouragement! Also for the tip on having the Moderator delete a redundant thread I might start (which happens to lead to another newb question; how do I find out who the appropriate Mod is for that particular forum?

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Hi everyone!

I joined back in February and have been silent fan ever since. This is a fantastic community with a multitude of knowledgeable members. Its more than a little overwhelming! :confused:

I have been exploring topics of interest, using "search" to try and answer my never-ending rush of questions, and learning a bunch! So my first order of business has to be a HUGE "Thank you!!" to one and all! :thumbs: All you guys an gals rock.

My second order of business is a request for guidance on general etiquette; part of my hesitance to jump in earlier has been when/where to ask a question and when to just "shut up and soldier on." I try to do my due diligence and first search for same/similar thoughts and questions across the board and almost always find comments that address my query. But often these are scattered across various threads and forums that are related more to other topics. So this leads to my following concerns:

1) I really don't want to make members repeat themselves any more than necessary.

2) As a Newb (with restriction to New Members forum) is it ok to as a question that is already under discussion elsewhere on the board?

3) When (once I have met my 5 post obligation; and have general posting privileges) is it more appropriate to start a new thread vs. risking taking an existing thread off-topic?

I'm sorry if this seems silly; I was raised by "Miss Manners" and even now at 52 years old I still suffer the scars of having my ears boxed for "inappropriate behavior." :blush:
Hi there!!!!

Answers:
1) We don't mind. Really we don't. Those that do, well they will have their ears boxed for "inappropriate behavior". ;)

2) Yes, it more than ok. Since you are basically restricted to this area until the post requirements are met, ask your questions here. Remember, other new members are probably wondering the same things you are and they can't post in other areas either. :)

3) Depends on the question. If it pertains to the subject that is being discussed, ask in the thread. If it is something that really isn't being discussed in that thread then yes, start your own thread.

Once you find your way around, you will find threads that frequently stray from the subject at hand. We try to get them back on track :D

This isn't silly at all. It does show a thoughtfulness on your part! :thumbs:

viannen_01.gif

Welcome!​

pJYvGY3.gif

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Hi @IDJoel , welcome to our sanity. The dumbest question you can have is the one you don't ask. There are many great people on ECF more than happy to help someone on their vape journey. Don't be shy, we all like it here.

There is a keyword activated search box in the upper right above your name and avatar. I use it daily as it is easy to find a wealth of information.

You can reply to posts and they count towards the 5. You don't need separate posts, then just wait till the forum resets at half past the hour.

Good luck in your vape journey.

"Hi" back at ya Sir2fyablyNutz! Thank you for the warm welcome. I whole-heartedly agree that there are MANY great (friendly, helpful, patient) people here on ECF. (Come to think of it; I'm not sure I have ever seen a poster belittled) Thanks for the reassurance.
I have found the search box and use it A LOT! (I usually start with that to help narrow my focus and get me to the most appropriate forums/threads.) The shear size of ECF is downright staggering.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Hi there!!!!

Answers:
1) We don't mind. Really we don't. Those that do, well they will have their ears boxed for "inappropriate behavior". ;)

2) Yes, it more than ok. Since you are basically restricted to this area until the post requirements are met, ask your questions here. Remember, other new members are probably wondering the same things you are and they can't post in other areas either. :)

3) Depends on the question. If it pertains to the subject that is being discussed, ask in the thread. If it is something that really isn't being discussed in that thread then yes, start your own thread.

Once you find your way around, you will find threads that frequently stray from the subject at hand. We try to get them back on track :D

This isn't silly at all. It does show a thoughtfulness on your part! :thumbs:

viannen_01.gif

Welcome!​

pJYvGY3.gif

Hello to you too!
Your #1 answer has me grinning ear to (boxed) ear! :D #2 and #3 both make sense; thank you. And thank you for such a warm and colorful welcome!

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Asking a question that we have already answered is the quickest and easiest question to answer.

As new members we're expected to ask.

Nice! That may just be one of the all-time best answers I have ever heard (Dad was a professor; so I heard the "unasked question is the only dumb question" comment quite a bit growing up. But I have never heard your reply. Love it!

Reactions: dom qp

AlaskaVaper

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2015
Cordova, Alaska
Hi everyone!

Ditto, Like this forum and the rules are good if spam is kept out. I just joined and am triny to get out of the 5 post new member catagory.

Reactions: Caro123

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
IDJoel, welcome to ecf, do have specific gear you enjoy or a particular juice?

Hi and thank you Caro123. I've been off the analogs now for about 2 1/2 years and have a new addiction; I am a vape gear junkie! :eek: I have been gear hopping most of that time; but right now I am using (most frequently) a Vaporshark rdna40 (box mod) with a Kanger Subtank mini fitted with the rba head. But I also use a Sigelei 100 (especially with larger gauge builds).

I also have a couple of different drippers in my regular rotation but nothing I have fallen in love with. Same for the juice. I have found several that I would buy again but because I vape throughout the day I am vaping 10 - 15 ml a day and that costs as much as the analogs did.

Which has led me to my latest obsession; DIY juices. I started with the closest thing to my ADV which I have been buying from one of my local B&M stores which they call Iceberg. It is a wintergreen menthol flavored juice. I have formulated my own version of this (for about one fifth the cost) and has been the only recipe I have been making until last week. I have started to get bored with this and was looking to expand my "menu" and that is what brought me out of the shadows.

I have started researching a couple of DIY threads and now have need to ask some questions; so here I am... Ta da! ;)

Sorry, that was probably way more than you wanted to know. :D

Caro123

Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia
not at all, the reason I'm here - I want to know it all ;) actually I hear you re the juice I go through quite a bit so I decided DIY. nic juice is hard ( very pricey) in Canada but I did manage to get a liter across the border so I will be set for quite awhile. I am making an English toffee, kaluha, and sweetener that I like quite a bit. But I keep decreasing my nic - just sort of happening with change I equipment.

Reactions: IDJoel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread