Not open for further replies.

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Hey all
I figured I would introduce myself. I just started a week ago with my V2 kit, and am enjoying it so far. I am still weening myself off the analogs, but it's not as hard as I thought it might be.

So far I am happy with the performance of the V2 standard batteries, and apart from a few of the flavors, I quite enjoy the cartos V2 has, especially the vanilla.

I know I am completely new at this, and I am sure I will move on to bigger and better things, as many on this forum seem to have done, but so far all is working better than I could have imagined.

I am already looking to get a couple more batteries. I like the auto variety, believe it or not, and am wondering if I have any options that are compatible with V2 chargers that would give me a bit more power between charges and may cost less. It seems V4L would work, but I will let you guys chime in on this.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
There are 3 sizes of KR808D-1 batteries

short/65mm - 180/220mah
standard/78mm - 280/320mah
xl - 350(280?)/420mah

The longer charge amounts I list are for the rubberized SmokelessImage/Bloogplanet/Halocigs G6 style which are regulated 3.6v instead of normal KR808D-1's 3.7 with 4.2 right off the charger (what V2 claims is a 4.2v battery - everyone else calls those 3.7v batteries). Downside of the rubberized models (and most KR8's) is the 5-second cutoff. V4L has a custom 10-13 second cutoff on many of their batteries.

For much longer charge - you need to make sure you get something that is 3.7v. Ask liberty-Flights.com if their Riva 901's are 3.7v (901 threading is the same as KR8 but with different airflow). I believe their Riva 901's have the slotted post and should let enough air get to KR8 cartos (some Riva 901's do not have a slotted post). Their Riva 510 kits are 3.7v since they are from the correct manufacturer and also new 3.7v stock since they sell the most. There is also the Pigcig at LeCig but I do not know id that is 3.7v. And there is a Kanger Vgo with KR808D-1 threading. And at CigEasy the Elegant Easy. And something called Igo. I believe those are all 901 threaded and should work with your cartos and have 2x or more charge than your slim batteries. just do research and make sure whatever you get is really 3.7v and not 3.4v regulated.

Then there are 3.7v mods like E-Power but most mods are 510 threaded so you would need an adapter to use your cartos (adapter 510 to 808 is 99 cents at Goodprophets). However some mods are available with 901 threading.

Last edited:

Berret

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2011
Tempe, AZ
Hi Spaceballs, I'm using v2's myself, been almost a month now. I agree their flavors are pretty good :) I thought about getting more equipment to fit the V2 cartos, but after doing alot of research, I think I'll probably switch over to a 510 type getup like an ego just because of the versatility.

A couple of things -

Save your used cartos; I've refilled quite a few of mine with ejuice I've ordered from other places. It's not as messy as you think and the cartos can take a few fill ups.

Have you considered buying a "pass-through"? I use mine at home and then just use the batteries when I'm at work. Saves on swapping out the batteries as often.

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Wow! Lots of responses! Thanks!

There are 3 sizes of KR808D-1 batteries

short/65mm - 180/220mah
standard/78mm - 280/320mah
xl - 350(280?)/420mah

The longer charge amounts I list are for the rubberized SmokelessImage/Bloogplanet/Halocigs G6 style which are regulated 3.6v instead of normal KR808D-1's 3.7 with 4.2 right off the charger (what V2 claims is a 4.2v battery - everyone else calls those 3.7v batteries). Downside of the rubberized models (and most KR8's) is the 5-second cutoff. V4L has a custom 10-13 second cutoff on many of their batteries.

For much longer charge - you need to make sure you get something that is 3.7v. Ask liberty-Flights.com if their Riva 901's are 3.7v (901 threading is the same as KR8 but with different airflow). I believe their Riva 901's have the slotted post and should let enough air get to KR8 cartos (some Riva 901's do not have a slotted post). Their Riva 510 kits are 3.7v since they are from the correct manufacturer and also new 3.7v stock since they sell the most. There is also the Pigcig at LeCig but I do not know id that is 3.7v. And there is a Kanger Vgo with KR808D-1 threading. And at CigEasy the Elegant Easy. And something called Igo. I believe those are all 901 threaded and should work with your cartos and have 2x or more charge than your slim batteries. just do research and make sure whatever you get is really 3.7v and not 3.4v regulated.

Then there are 3.7v mods like E-Power but most mods are 510 threaded so you would need an adapter to use your cartos (adapter 510 to 808 is 99 cents at Goodprophets). However some mods are available with 901 threading.

That's a lot to consider, and I know that isn't even scratching the surface. Thanks for all the suggestions.
I have noticed a drop off in vapor as the battery dies. I have seen the V2 battery flash as it nears end of charge, but it usually happens after I have already perceived a performance drop, and that is what I am trying to avoid.
So much more research to do....

Hi Spaceballs, I'm using v2's myself, been almost a month now. I agree their flavors are pretty good :) I thought about getting more equipment to fit the V2 cartos, but after doing alot of research, I think I'll probably switch over to a 510 type getup like an ego just because of the versatility.

A couple of things -

Save your used cartos; I've refilled quite a few of mine with ejuice I've ordered from other places. It's not as messy as you think and the cartos can take a few fill ups.

Have you considered buying a "pass-through"? I use mine at home and then just use the batteries when I'm at work. Saves on swapping out the batteries as often.

I will probably switch up to a 510 setup myself, once I understand the ins and outs of how they work. I am still having trouble understanding the separate atomizer, as I don't have one in front of me. Then there is the cleaning of the components that I am wary of.

When you refill (drip?) the used cartos, is it just a matter of removing the rubber plug and dripping 10-15 drops of e-liquid on the foam? Reassemble and puff?

Is a pass-through model the kind that plugs in?

Last edited:

Berret

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2011
Tempe, AZ
Hi Space, yes and yes!

The pass through has to be plugged in to work, but most of the ones I've seen have pretty long cords. You can plug it straight into a USB port or use the USB adapter and plug it into the wall.

For refilling the cartos, you have it exactly! They'll easily hold 20 drops and you will get some of the old flavor for a few puffs until the new flavor starts coming through. They don't seem to last as long on refill, and eventually the flavor will get more muted the more times you use them, but hey, they're free!

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Hi spaceballsrules welcome to ECF and congrats on giving up the stinkies. Yes you can drip juice into the used carto after you removed it from the battery. Hold carto at 45 degrees and drip until the stuffing looks "slushie". Blow out from the mouthpiece end into a tissue until no more juice spurts out and you're good to go. Pass-through I don't own. As for the performance of your batts dropping replacing them at the right time comes with experience. Many batts, after 50%, show a drastic drop in performance IMHO. Even my large 18650 2400 mah do not perform as advertised and I recharge them after about 8 hrs.
Good Luck, Vapoor.

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
I have seen in many of the tutorial videos of refilling the old cartos that there are 2 rubber plugs that need to be removed. One is the rubber mouthpiece, but there is a second rubber plug under that one.
When I pull a used carto apart, there is only 1 rubber piece. Is this a new design that forgoes the second piece?

Any suggestions on where to get some really premium juices to try?

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
I am already looking to get a couple more batteries. I like the auto variety, believe it or not, and am wondering if I have any options that are compatible with V2 chargers that would give me a bit more power between charges and may cost less. It seems V4L would work, but I will let you guys chime in on this.

In regards to batteries 100 mah= 1 hour vaping before recharge
If you refill your own cartomizers you'll not only save money but have possibly too much choice in flavors. The next step in regards to saving $$ would be DIY your own juices. 30 ml of juice costs me about $2.00 by way of DIY.

Most purchase manual batteries because they are less prone to damage from juice and they put you, the vaper, in complete control of the experience. If you desire more vape you hold the button down longer. In regards to purchasing new batteries make absolute sure your charger can handle them.
Happy Vaping, Vapoor.

Hey all
I figured I would introduce myself. I just started a week ago with my V2 kit, and am enjoying it so far. I am still weening myself off the analogs, but it's not as hard as I thought it might be.

So far I am happy with the performance of the V2 standard batteries, and apart from a few of the flavors, I quite enjoy the cartos V2 has, especially the vanilla.

I know I am completely new at this, and I am sure I will move on to bigger and better things, as many on this forum seem to have done, but so far all is working better than I could have imagined.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Yes some cartos have 2 pieces while others only have one. Boge cartos are highly a recommended and reliable brand. If you don't have drip tip you can put the soft rubber piece back in....keeps juice from entering the mouth.

As for juices I'm in Canada and really don't use U.S, juices. Here's some Juice Reviews:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-liquid-reviews/

I have seen in many of the tutorial videos of refilling the old cartos that there are 2 rubber plugs that need to be removed. One is the rubber mouthpiece, but there is a second rubber plug under that one.
When I pull a used carto apart, there is only 1 rubber piece. Is this a new design that forgoes the second piece?

Any suggestions on where to get some really premium juices to try?

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Thanks Vapoor Eyes Er. That answered a lot of questions. :)

I'm currently using V2. While its a good PV as a starter, it's batt life ain't that great. All in all, it's reliable enough to get u started. To refill, I'll just take out the one-piece rubber stopper and fill it condom-style (may leave a bit of a mess)

I'm currently waiting for my Ego to arrive (which I hope it eventually will).

Is that what is considered "dipping?" I watched a video where the guy filled a "condom" with e-liquid and just stuck his carto in and forced the e-liquid in using pressure. best way to fill up cartamizers - YouTube

Vinniz

Moved On
Dec 13, 2011

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
You're welcome spaceballsrules.
Here's a dictionary of Ecig terms. It won't explain everything but does clarify some terms:
E-Cig Glossary. Definitions, abbreviations, and meanings. | eCigology
In regards to dripping no. That's the condom way to fill cartomizers. Dripping is the way some use their PV. Although some swear by it most eventually go to cartomizers. Here's a vid explaining how to drip using an atomizer:

The pros of dripping are greater TH and vapor. The cons are you have to re drip/ fill the atty/ atomizer every few puffs. Most use attys to test their juices rather than contaminate a cartomizer with juice they may not like.
There are 3 diff ways of filling cartos:
- tilt carto at 45 degree angle and drip
- condom fill
- syringe fill-

The diff delivery systems for holding and/or delivering the juice are:
atomizers- has a metal wick onto which the juice is dripped.
atomizers + cartridge- cartridge holds the juice which drips onto the atomizer.
cartomizers= basically an atomizer and cartridge in one piece- has stuffing to absorb and hold juice.
cartomizers (or similar device) + tank- has stuffing to absorb and hold juice and the cartos have a hole in them with a tank around them supplying the juice to the carto. Some love them while others complain of leaks and/ or poor delivery. Definitely a learning curve and the PG/ VG ratio is very important.
clearomizers- has stuffing to absorb and hold juice and has an atomizer built in, Can be rebuilt/ re-stuffed.
Cartomizers are the most popular it seems and a cartomizer will last most people about 1-2 weeks. Boges are a quality carto. You can also buy larger cartos but make absolute sure your PV can handle them. I use large cartos and a fill, with heavy vaping, lasts me about 5 hours before refill. I could prolly go longer but the worst thing you can do to a carto is run them dry and burn the stuffing as you will have a burnt taste and have to throw it out. My recommendation would be to use the Boge Cartomizers and then go from there.
In regards to juices it's best to order sampler packs because there will be many juices you LOVE and many you HATE. Wait for sales OR use discount codes and/ or coupons. Some sites will offer 10- 25% off. Also to make sure you're not ripped off I would highly recommend you use one of the ECF listed Vendors. They operate under a strict code of ethics and if they do not provide good service and/ or product members will call them out.
Coupon Codes:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ussion/146219-coupon-code-master-list-41.html
Here's a sub forum with Suppliers offering Discount Codes:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-cigarette-suppliers-forum/
Hope this helps, Vapoor.

Thanks Vapoor Eyes Er. That answered a lot of questions. :)

Is that what is considered "dipping?" I watched a video where the guy filled a "condom" with e-liquid and just stuck his carto in and forced the e-liquid in using pressure. best way to fill up cartamizers - YouTube

Last edited:

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
A double demo! The Cartomizer Condom Filling Method, and the Taryn Spin. - YouTube
This will help u better. It's called the Condom-fill method plus Taryn Spin. I don usually do the spin. Fill it up using the Condom method and putting another rubber tube at the other side to 'catch' any excess liquid. I let Gravity to all the work.

Dripping is another thing altogether. Correct me if i'm wrong, guys.
I actually meant dipping (no R). I had come across the term at some point, and I didn't know if it was a typo or a specific method of doing something.
You're welcome spaceballsrules.
Here's a dictionary of Ecig terms. It won't explain everything but does clarify some terms:
E-Cig Glossary. Definitions, abbreviations, and meanings. | eCigology
In regards to dripping no. That's the condom way to fill cartomizers. Dripping is the way some use their PV. Although some swear by it most eventually go to cartomizers. Here's a vid explaining how to drip using an atomizer:

The pros of dripping are greater TH and vapor. The cons are you have to re drip/ fill the atty/ atomizer every few puffs. Most use attys to test their juices rather than contaminate a cartomizer with juice they may not like.
There are 3 diff ways of filling cartos:
- tilt carto at 45 degree angle and drip
- condom fill
- syringe fill-

The diff delivery systems for holding and/or delivering the juice are:
atomizers- has a metal wick onto which the juice is dripped.
atomizers + cartridge- cartridge holds the juice which drips onto the atomizer.
cartomizers= basically an atomizer and cartridge in one piece- has stuffing to absorb and hold juice.
cartomizers (or similar device) + tank- has stuffing to absorb and hold juice and the cartos have a hole in them with a tank around them supplying the juice to the carto. Some love them while others complain of leaks and/ or poor delivery. Definitely a learning curve and the PG/ VG ratio is very important.
clearomizers- has stuffing to absorb and hold juice and has an atomizer built in, Can be rebuilt/ re-stuffed.
Cartomizers are the most popular it seems and a cartomizer will last most people about 1-2 weeks. Boges are a quality carto. You can also buy larger cartos but make absolute sure your PV can handle them. I use large cartos and a fill, with heavy vaping, lasts me about 5 hours before refill. I could prolly go longer but the worst thing you can do to a carto is run them dry and burn the stuffing as you will have a burnt taste and have to throw it out. My recommendation would be to use the Boge Cartomizers and then go from there.
In regards to juices it's best to order sampler packs because there will be many juices you LOVE and many you HATE. Wait for sales OR use discount codes and/ or coupons. Some sites will offer 10- 25% off. Also to make sure you're not ripped off I would highly recommend you use one of the ECF listed Vendors. They operate under a strict code of ethics and if they do not provide good service and/ or product members will call them out.
Coupon Codes:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ussion/146219-coupon-code-master-list-41.html
Here's a sub forum with Suppliers offering Discount Codes:
E Cigarette Suppliers Forum
Hope this helps, Vapoor.

Nope, doesn't help one bit. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread