Newbee Issues & Questions : eGo C-Twist + Kangertech MT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starpium

Jun 8, 2013
Mumbai
Hello everyone,

What a wonderful community.
Went through tons of posts.. finally decided to order eGo C-Twist + Kangertech MT3 BCC + Joyetech eliquid (Mint & Cinnamon, 24mg Nic). Started vaping, for the first time ever, from 17th June, about a week back.

Wow.. really.. this hardware combination rocks!! Looks like I will be able kick the analogs (touch wood) :thumbs:
Thank you so much.. ECF posts are very helpful

Now couple of issues/questions..

A) I have noticed juice or condensation (not sure which one) in the bottom end of Kangertech MT3 BCC and in the top end of eGo C-Twist. (Attaching an image. MT3 is on left & C-Twist is on right). This thing coincides with relatively poor vape/vapor production (I run it between 4V & 3.6 V and during this leakage/seeping the battery continues to function/flash when the button is pressed). So, most of the times the hardware works fine but sometime vapor production abruptly drops and I notice liquid/juice seepage/leakage.
Is this what is killing vapor production? If yes, how to fix it/avoid it? :confused:

IMG00370-20130624-2143.jpg

B) I vape for 10-12 mins at a stretch with 30-40 min interval. My C-Twist asks for re-charge roughly twice a day. Is such battery life OK/normal?

C) I read Kangertech EVODs are great too. Should I give them a try? Do they vape different/better than MT3?

Thank you :thumb:

mooreted

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2011
California
From what I've read the T3 is known for leaking. I haven't had any problems with my Protank except getting used to the airy draw. Never leaks though. I imagine the Evod or Protank mini would function the same.

Battery life depends on the MAH of the battery, the voltage you run it at and the resistance of the equipment you are using. When I'm out I use an Epower with a 2200 MAH battery to avoid having to charge during the day.

Sent from my easy chair using brainwaves.

Azmo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
Liverpool, NY, USA
The amount you have to recharge is dependent on what mAh rating your battery is. They say you get about 1 hr for every 100mAh.

As for the leakage, I have never found a single clearo that is perfectly leak proof from one to another. I have T3s and MT3s, some leak and some don't. The first thing you should always do before you start using a brand new clearo, is to make sure the head is screwed down all the way. Sometimes they are loose when you get them.

The leaking and poor vapor production could be from too much juice around the coil. You can usually tell when it leaks because you will be able to hear a wet gurgling sound when you vape. Sometimes, if you suck too hard, you pull more juice into the coil then the coil can vaporize. When this happens to me, I usually take the clearo off and wipe out all the juice. If it still gurgles, I do a few burns without sucking to get the excess juice off the coil.

Some people will say the EVODs are better, but they are not. You can get a bad EVOD just as well as a bad MT3. And the new ones all use the exact same base and coil.

Starpium

Jun 8, 2013
Mumbai
Thank you for the replies; appreciate it

So, this "bottom seepage in clearos" is what's known as "leaking" and one I just needs to try his/her luck with clearos :ohmy:
If clearos are prone to leakage, do we just keep them wiping/cleaning or do we have some other hardware options?

"The first thing you should always do before you start using a brand new clearo, is to make sure the head is screwed down all the way. Sometimes they are loose when you get them." Thank you for the tip.. could elaborate a bit how to do this.

"I usually take the clearo off and wipe out all the juice. If it still gurgles, I do a few burns without sucking to get the excess juice off the coil." Thank you. I will give it a try.

Bottom line: clearos = leakage. leakage = poor vapor production. Am I right?

Sorry, mine is a 650mah battery.
When you say 100mah = 1 hr, is it 1 hr of continuous vaping??
Does most people order two batteries??

Last edited:

Thin

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2013
Scotland
Try to keep the top of your ego dry, allowing it to get wet can short out the battery and cause failure. There are two T3's, two evods and one protank in our house (all almost exactly the same setup) and we have no problems with leakage once I understood where it comes from...

The bottom of the T3 is a metal tube with a thin wire sticking out of it, pushed against one side. Then there's a tube shaped (actually hollow top-hat shaped I suppose) rubber bung inserted into the metal tube. Sometimes the rubber bung doesn't seal perfectly due to the slight thickness of the wire. Then there's a second wire coming thru the inside of the rubber bung, again pushed to one side. Then there's a metal centre pin pushed thru the rubber bung. The same sealing issue exists here. I personally don't think lack of vapor has anything to do with leakage, but I could be wrong. Try poking around the bottom of your T3 gently with a small screwdriver or something and see if you can re-seat the base sealing assembly.

As stated above, one mAh of battery will last about one hour. I find this to be average vaping, not chain vaping. I get somewhere between 8-14 hrs from an 1100mAh battery. So if you're getting 4-9hrs from your 650mAh ego it's performing fine.

Hope this helps :)

Azmo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
Liverpool, NY, USA
Thank you for the replies; appreciate it

So, this "bottom seepage in clearos" is what's known as "leaking" and one I just needs to try his/her luck with clearos :ohmy:
If clearos are prone to leakage, do we just keep them wiping/cleaning or do we have some other hardware options?

"The first thing you should always do before you start using a brand new clearo, is to make sure the head is screwed down all the way. Sometimes they are loose when you get them." Thank you for the tip.. could elaborate a bit how to do this.

"I usually take the clearo off and wipe out all the juice. If it still gurgles, I do a few burns without sucking to get the excess juice off the coil." Thank you. I will give it a try.

Bottom line: clearos = leakage. leakage = poor vapor production. Am I right?

Sorry, mine is a 650mah battery.
When you say 100mah = 1 hr, is it 1 hr of continuous vaping??
Does most people order two batteries??

The thing to understand is that these are all made in China. There is some question to their quality control. Probably similar to what they used to say about cars made in America. "You never want the last one off the line on a Friday".

You will get poor vapor production when the coil gets flooded. Leaking is common when the coil is flooded as well. The center hole that you vape through is transected by the wick and coil. So when there is more liquid around the coil then the wick can hold, it leaks down the center of the hole. There could be a number of reasons why so much liquid is getting to the coil.

And the 1hr per 100mAh is average vaping. Most people do have at least 2 batteries so they can continue vaping while the other is charging. Myself, I have 4 different eGo style batteries, and 8 batteries for my APVs. I can survive a long power outage. :)

Starpium

Jun 8, 2013
Mumbai
Update:

Nw I hv gt a Kangertech EVOD, used it for 3-4 days..
It works pretty well.. no leaking, fine vapor.. haven't touched Kangertech MT3 since.. quite happy with EVOD :)

BTW, tried following juices..

Dekang (Silver label) MINT 16mg :thumbs:
Topnotch flavor, refreshing, great vapor, will buy again. SHAKE WELL before using.

Dekang (Silver label) MINT 24mg :nah:
Very muted mint flavor, OK vapor, won't buy again.

Dekang (Silver label) CLOVE 16mg :nah:
Far from anything "clove", medicine like flavor, OK vapor, won't buy again.

Dekang (Silver label) CINNAMON 16mg :unsure:
Quite "cinnamon-like", good vapor, but not my flavor, won't buy again.

Dekang (Silver label) BENSON & HEDGES 24mg :nah:
Strange/strong medicine-like flavor, OK vapor, won't buy again.

Joyetech MINT 16mg :nah:
Very muted mint flavor, OK vapor, won't buy again.

Last edited:

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Check out Phil Busardo's clearomizer Shootout:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8DbWniBdpQ

He did get a good T3 for the shootout. He hasn't had a good one since. The T3 is now the T3S, and the two piece base is better and similar now to the evod and Protank. Some of the bases/coils are now interchangeable between the three devices. I use evods all the time when I'm out of the house, and like everyone else, have leaking issues occasionally. The fixes are easy though, if not sometimes inconvenient. Check out the shootout, it'll show most of the fixes. There are other videos that go even further into the leaking issue on the T3 on YouTube. Anyway, it's all about experience and knowledge. Glad you made it, welcome. Vape On!

HughDaHand

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2012
Swartz Creek, MI
The thing about the T3/MT3 is that the juice is held in the tank by a vacuum seal kind of like putting your finger over the end of a straw to keep some soda in it. This seal gets weaker as the amount of juice gets lower in the tank, as there is more air in there. This makes it easier to suck the juice out of the tank when the juice level gets lower, so you need to take slower longer draws as the tank gets lower (also turning up the voltage to vaporize this extra juice helps a little, sometimes). This is not as much of a problem with evods as the tank is much smaller so that vacuum seal holds better. I flooded my battery a lot of times just like in your pic before I figured that out. This problem is probably worse for you since you are using dekang juice which is high PG and thinner juice.

Personally I would go through about 2.5 charges on a 650mah twist in a day so charging it twice a day seems about normal for me. I have two 900mah twist and they last me about 1.5 days on average.

glowplug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
Lakewood, CO USA
I just ordered two of the MT3S. Going to try them. Why? I don't know. I suppose just for the added capacity. I do love my EVODs. Also ordered the new Vision Victory for capacity as well as the pyrex tank. Can't wait to try both. I think I am having more trouble with leaking after I used the stronger/darker liquids in my EVODs. The Pro Tank is so airy and I have so many problems with the connections on my batteries I am going to try some other options.

glowplug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
Lakewood, CO USA
The thing about the T3/MT3 is that the juice is held in the tank by a vacuum seal kind of like putting your finger over the end of a straw to keep some soda in it. This seal gets weaker as the amount of juice gets lower in the tank, as there is more air in there. This makes it easier to suck the juice out of the tank when the juice level gets lower, so you need to take slower longer draws as the tank gets lower (also turning up the voltage to vaporize this extra juice helps a little, sometimes). This is not as much of a problem with evods as the tank is much smaller so that vacuum seal holds better. I flooded my battery a lot of times just like in your pic before I figured that out. This problem is probably worse for you since you are using dekang juice which is high PG and thinner juice.

Personally I would go through about 2.5 charges on a 650mah twist in a day so charging it twice a day seems about normal for me. I have two 900mah twist and they last me about 1.5 days on average.

Excellent answer about the liquid flooding! I never thought of it that way. Would this be true with the EVOD? I know I gurgle a lot when I am less than half full.

HughDaHand

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2012
Swartz Creek, MI
Excellent answer about the liquid flooding! I never thought of it that way. Would this be true with the EVOD? I know I gurgle a lot when I am less than half full.

Yeah it works the same way with evods, they are just smaller version of basically the same design. My t3's usually start this when they get half empty witch is about the total capacity of an evod tank. I can usually fix the problem with evods by bumping the voltage just a little, say 0.2-0.4v to vaporize the extra juice that is wicking. I almost never have the problem with evods tho, but this could very well be different from person to person as we are all going suck air through these at different rates. There is also the different PG/VG ratio's and the quality of the head you are using at that time (I rebuild them now and get better results). Some heads are just leakers and there is not much you can do with them short of rebuilding them. I use 60pg/40vg DIY juice so it is kinda thick and holds in the tank a little better. Try slowing down your draw a little, this can work wonders with bottom feeders.

I have 5 t3's and 5 evods. I tend to use the evods a lot more because of this issue.

glowplug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
Lakewood, CO USA
I am not using a VV devise but have been looking at them a lot. What do you recommend? I have to stop buying things I can't use! I have a totally cool rebuildable tank from Totally Wicked but it didn't work out of the box and I have tried to replace the coil/wick and just made a mess of things! I am going to stick with the BCC style for awhile yet. Even my mechanically minded and fingered husband couldn't get it right...or maybe it is just a DOA set up from the get go! I do use the 60/40 most of the time and it seems to be about right for th and vapor. I do like to see clouds of vapor!

Morky

Aug 22, 2013
Phoenix AZ
The amount you have to recharge is dependent on what mAh rating your battery is. They say you get about 1 hr for every 100mAh.

As for the leakage, I have never found a single clearo that is perfectly leak proof from one to another. I have T3s and MT3s, some leak and some don't. The first thing you should always do before you start using a brand new clearo, is to make sure the head is screwed down all the way. Sometimes they are loose when you get them.

The leaking and poor vapor production could be from too much juice around the coil. You can usually tell when it leaks because you will be able to hear a wet gurgling sound when you vape. Sometimes, if you suck too hard, you pull more juice into the coil then the coil can vaporize. When this happens to me, I usually take the clearo off and wipe out all the juice. If it still gurgles, I do a few burns without sucking to get the excess juice off the coil.

Some people will say the EVODs are better, but they are not. You can get a bad EVOD just as well as a bad MT3. And the new ones all use the exact same base and coil.

Doesn't the way you hold the e-cig factor in as well? When juice is low, holding it vertically makes it leak more and horizontal dries it up a bit. I think...what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread