Newbie about all things related to e cigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonso

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2012
Florida
Hi fellow newbies. I hope that you all are as excited as I am to give all of this a try. I'm a long time heavy smoker of 49 years. To be honest I didn't get the e cigs to quit. I just wanted to be able to ride in someone else's car and not have to make them stop every 5 minutes. Much to my surprise I found that I liked the e cigs... a lot! I can see myself giving up traditional cigarettes for this new way of getting my nicotine. At any rate hello to all.

OR-DMBFAN

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
Oregon
Welcome to ECF and best of luck to quitting smoking! I have been cigarette free for 3 months now and feel great. Smell much better too! There are SO many options to what kind of set up will work for you. The variety of e-liquids and flavors is somewhat overwhelming. You have found a really helpful place to have your questions answered.

Mystee

Nov 16, 2012
Los Angeles
Hello and welcome!! I am relatively new as well. I started out with a V2 with the prefilled cartomizers just to give it a shot. I wasn't a heavy smoker but I LOVED to smoke. I have loved it off and on for a very long time. Today is 3 weeks since my last cigarette. It's hard for me to believe that I honestly have no desire for a cigarette now that I vape. It took me a little while to figure it out. I am sure I don't have it all figured out. And, what I am doing seems to be working.

I quickly moved from the V2 to a Joyetech eRoll. It's a sweet little device and I was able to put my own juice in the cartridge. I still use it when I am in the car or out in public because it's small and discreet.

I also use an eGo-C when I'm home. I bought a twist when it was on sale on Cyber Monday and some mini Vivi Nova's to try but haven't yet.

One thing I learned that seems invaluable to me is to let your juice steep. I bought some juice that I really didn't like when I first tried it. Now, after letting it sit for a week it's amazing!!

Of course, with everything, YMMV. Good luck!!!

Sonso

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2012
Florida
Thanks the very warm welcome. I think the hardest thing about being new is figuring out what people are really talking about! lol I get the vaping is pretty cool way to think about it and I'm realizing that juice is not something to swig down by the glassful! It's quite a learning curve compared to yakking open a pack of smokes and lighting up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread