Newbie DIY question

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenHead

Mar 30, 2014
Cali
My favorite (and pretty much only) juice Vendor, Ahlusion, quit their online business in the fall so I placed a big order but I'm almost out of juice. They currently sell their flavorings only. I bought 6 bottles of my favorite flavor but I have no idea how to mix these. Can anyone help with recipe advise?

Everything I have is in the photo. Do I need more than just these ingredients?

I'm looking for a 3mg 50pg/50vg recipe

I have 6 bottles of 1oz(29.5ml) flavoring
500ml of pg
500ml of vg
120ml of 100mg/ml in 100% pg/nic base

Attachments

• IMG_20210422_124419.jpg
    IMG_20210422_124419.jpg
    883.7 KB · Views: 30

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
My favorite (and pretty much only) juice Vendor, Ahlusion, quit their online business in the fall so I placed a big order but I'm almost out of juice. They currently sell their flavorings only. I bought 6 bottles of my favorite flavor but I have no idea how to mix these. Can anyone help with recipe advise?

Everything I have is in the photo. Do I need more than just these ingredients?

I'm looking for a 3mg 50pg/50vg recipe

I have 6 bottles of 1oz(29.5ml) flavoring
500ml of pg
500ml of vg
120ml of 100mg/ml in 100% pg/nic base
Are the flavors one shots? Do they have a recommended percentage to use?

GreenHead

Mar 30, 2014
Cali
Recommend percentage is 10%

This has a mildly sweet and mellow tobacco taste with light hints of smokey spice. May your taste-buds rejoice in the legend!
**Same recipe as made by Ahlusion LLC and mixed by the same folks!**

This is concentrated flavoring and MUST be diluted before use! All flavorings are water soluble.
Recommended usage:
10% (or about 3 ml Godfather Flavor Blend to 27 ml diluting liquid)

That should be easy enough to figure out. It's the 100mg/ml nicotine that I'm not certain about. Looks like I'll need to get some measuring devices. Do I need to boil juice when ingredients are all mixed?

I'll be putting juice in all the 60ml cool blue glass bottles from Ahlusion I have left over. I have dozens with stoppers

Last edited:

Skypea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2011
The Shoals, Alabama
Hi! I’m so jealous that you will still get to vape your favorite juice! But happy for you as well. No, you don’t boil, a thing. Google ejuice calculator and punch in the numbers. Assuming you’re using a single flavoring that is pg based, it should come out something like this...
Nic 1.8 ml
Flavor 6 ml
Pg 22.2 ml
Vg 30 ml
I measure my nic, flavor, and pg. then just fill rest of bottle with vg. Saves one measuring step. Maybe you have a medicine cup or dropper around you could measure with until you can get something. Then just shake a let steep. Super easy!
Have fun with this!

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Recommend percentage is 10%

This has a mildly sweet and mellow tobacco taste with light hints of smokey spice. May your taste-buds rejoice in the legend!
**Same recipe as made by Ahlusion LLC and mixed by the same folks!**

This is concentrated flavoring and MUST be diluted before use! All flavorings are water soluble.
Recommended usage:
10% (or about 3 ml Godfather Flavor Blend to 27 ml diluting liquid)

That should be easy enough to figure out. It's the 100mg/ml nicotine that I'm not certain about. Looks like I'll need to get some measuring devices. Do I need to boil juice when ingredients are all mixed?

I'll be putting juice in all the 60ml cool blue glass bottles from Ahlusion I have left over. I have dozens with stoppers
First don't make 60ml until you've tried a 10ml test batch. 10% is only a suggestion, might not hit your personal sweet spot. I use ELR Recipes calculator, user friendly and has great tools. I mix by weight so use a scale to mix. Some mix by volume and use syringes to measure. Depends how you want to mix what tools you'll need.

Skypea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2011
The Shoals, Alabama
First don't make 60ml until you've tried a 10ml test batch. 10% is only a suggestion, might not hit your personal sweet spot.
This! Especially when trying new flavors. But you might get away just fine because you’ve been vaping this at AL percentages all ready. But yes 5 ml test batches are the way to go!

GreenHead

Mar 30, 2014
Cali
Thanks for all the advice everyone.

The ELR calculator helped out immensely( Letitia). Just made an order from Amazon for syringes up to 20ml

I have more money than time atm(knock on wood) and I only have about 3 weeks of my everyday vape Ahlusion Caramel Wildwood left. My plan is to build up a 200ml base of 3mg nic 50pg/50vg. Then make 60ml bottles with 9%, 11% and 13% flavoring. Caramel Wildwood takes 3-4 weeks to steep in my experience so hopefully one of the 3 different flavor% will suit my liking by the time I finish my Ahlusion stock.

Do I need to boil or do anything to the juice after it's mixed? Or just mix and let steep?

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Thanks for all the advice everyone.

The ELR calculator helped out immensely( Letitia). Just made an order from Amazon for syringes up to 20ml

I have more money than time atm(knock on wood) and I only have about 3 weeks of my everyday vape Ahlusion Caramel Wildwood left. My plan is to build up a 200ml base of 3mg nic 50pg/50vg. Then make 60ml bottles with 9%, 11% and 13% flavoring. Caramel Wildwood takes 3-4 weeks to steep in my experience so hopefully one of the 3 different flavor% will suit my liking by the time I finish my Ahlusion stock.

Do I need to boil or do anything to the juice after it's mixed? Or just mix and let steep?
Never boil your juice!!! I prefer to just let juice steep on it's own but there are faster options out there. Go to the forum side of elr and just search steeping methods. Again I will suggest you do much smaller test batches. When you get your syringes pay attention to how they are marked. Ideally they will be marked by .10 if a ml but when you get into larger sizes some are marked in .50 increments. Maybe pick up a few 3ml syringes marked in 10ths.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
to Make just your base(nic,pg and vg) @3% you would mix

Nicotine juice 100 mg (100% PG)
6.00 ml

PG dilutant

VG dilutant

Then just figure which % you want for your flavoring.

ie. Flavoring and original nic base counts on the pg side of the equation. Hence those 2 totals above equal 100 ml(and half of your desired outcome)

So your 120ml of nic will last you a while. (cause you are only using 6ml of that 120 ml base for 200 ml of finished vape juice.

Hope this helps a bit.

:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread