Newbie from Australia :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie from Australia!

I tried to do the responsible thing and find the information I need by browsing these forums but I'm uh, fairly overwhelmed to say the least and was hoping for some advice please.

I'm a full time smoker trying to finally kick the habit .. I've tried e cigs in the past however one was a cheap cigarette look-a-like which was fine for about a week, the other (I can't even remember what it was), but frankly it bothered me that it didn't LOOK like a cigarette...

I haven't really seen anyone else puffing away on electronic cigarettes down under so I'm hoping to find something relatively discreet that I can pull out in social settings/at work without drawing too much attention. But following my experience with the other two, I'm ready to invest in something more durable, with a longer battery life, easy to use/refill, cost effective etc. etc.

Edit: I forgot to add that although I've used e cigs in the past, I really have no idea what I'm doing.

My other problem is, being in Australia, where should I purchase the device and the liquid?

Thanks so much! :)

Last edited:

MoonLit_Water

We All Shine On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Stuart, Florida
I also would look at an an ego/evod starter kit
as mentioned above after 5 posts here in the new member section,(and allow the server to update at 25 minutes past the hour) You will be able to post in the australia/new-zealand section, You will be able to browse that section untill that that point
Australia - New Zealand Forum

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
Hi guys,

Thanks so much for your replies, and your advice! The Ego Twist is looking pretty good so far. Satanis, I googled the provari mini, looks interesting, but perhaps a little too expensive for now .. azzaman, is the Reos Mods that funny square looking one? And I'll definitely check out the Aus forum and other parts before I make my decision.

Thanks so much again!

Hi Vapoor eyes er, thanks so much, that's so good to know!

So, I've been having a bit of a browse online and found an Ego starter kit that looks pretty good to me. It comes with:

2 V3 eGo Twist ( 650 mah)
2 V3 eGo Clearomizer-c ( long wick)
1 V3 Fast eGo USB Charger
1 V3 Wall Adapter
1 V3 Large Carry Case

So, apart from juice, is there anything else I should be looking at in terms of hardware to keep as backup or any other accessories? For example, what is a drip tip? An atomizer? cartomizer? (sorry for the stupid questions!)

pablo_h

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
australia

So, I've been having a bit of a browse online and found an Ego starter kit that looks pretty good to me. It comes with:

1 V3 Wall Adapter
1 V3 Large Carry Case

So, apart from juice, is there anything else I should be looking at in terms of hardware to keep as backup or any other accessories? For example, what is a drip tip? An atomizer? cartomizer? (sorry for the stupid questions!)

Where are looking at starter kits?
What are you comfortable in using? Do you want a small thin cig-alike, or a larger cigar shaped battery and clearomizer?
How much do you smoke, eg like a chimney between 6am and 1am, or just once per hour from 6am-9pm. Also how long do you want to go in between battery charging?

When I started out I never could find the right starter kit so I ended up buying pieces from everywhere. We have to anyway here in Australia because no one can sell liquid nicotine here, so some of your gear is going to come from overseas anyway. But I'd definitely get batteries and chargers locally. Maybe nicotine, pre-mixed nic+flavoured juice, and clearomizers from overseas.

edit: I'm not sure what that kit you mentioned costs, but just FYI:
For about $60 you can get a similar kit to what you mentioned with 900mAh ego batteries
For about $70 you can get a similar kit with 900mAh ego twist VV batteries

Or you could buy two 1300mAh spinners for $30 ea (much better battery, but thicker), and a $5 USB charger, $5 240v-USB adapter (if needed - most will have a phone 240v-USB charger lying around these days), and a couple of $6 EVOD clearomizers which are better than most clearomizers that come in kits. You pay $82 pp and miss out on a case but much better deal.

Last edited:

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.

1 V3 Wall Adapter
1 V3 Large Carry Case

You're welcome. Do you have a link or price for that kit?
2 V3 eGo Clearomizer-c ( long wick) They were the first clearomizers to hit the mkt and are very low quality. I would suggest a rebuildable Vision brand Mini Vivi Nova (top coil- gives warmer vape) or a ProTank II (top coil- gives a cooler vape). Both these clearomizers are rebuildable meaning the head (wick+ coil) is easily and inexpensively replaced. Heads, with washing and dry burning (easy), last about 8- 10 weeks. Thus you're not replacing the entire tank. Note also the ProTank II is pyrex/ glass and "acidic" juices won't destroy it- happens with plastic tanks.
I would also suggest a 510 atomizer...

Different delivery systems:- note bolded Atty, Carto, etc is the abbreviated form.

Atomizer/ Atty- an element on to which 3-4 drops of juice is dripped- usually used for testing new juices because Attys are easy to clean. There are some diehard Atty users because it’s the best vape possible but very time consuming.

Cartridge/ Cart- a container with sponge (filled with juice) that is used with the Atty- juice drips on to Atty from filled cart and is vaporized- older outdated first “tank” system and prone to leaks unless the user is willing to buy extra seals and “fiddle” with them.

Cartomizer/ Carto- metal tube with stuffing and element. Holds anywhere form 1- 4 ml of juice. Carto is fully saturated and must be occasionally refilled when juice runs out. My Cartos last 1-2 weeks. Best Cartomizer I’ve found is the Smok Tech XL 1.7 single coil. Boge 2.0 ohm cartos will give a cooler vape. Always use single coil cartos with 3.3- 3.7 PVs for the best vape.

Carto+Tank- a Carto with a hole punched in it. Carto is than placed in a glass, metal or plastic tank which is filled with juice- juice saturates Carto by way of hole in Carto. My Cartos with a tank last, before tight draw occurs: light juices- 80-90 ml. dark juices- 50-60 ml.

Clearomizer/ Clearo- a plastic, glass or metal tank with a wick and element. Contains NO stuffing. The rebuildable clearos come with heads (coil+ wick) that can be cheaply and easily replaced. When the head burns out simply unscrew the old head out and screw in new head- takes 10 secs.

For more info and pics Bad's Blog is an excellent resource:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-carto-tank-what-guide-juice-attachments.html

Here's an ECF listed/ verified (reputable) Vendor that ships to Australia. I've used them many times and have always been very pleased with CS and pricing.
When an order is over 50 USD, please use the coupon: hc03 and get 3% off.

http://www.healthcabin.net/

Best of Luck.

Last edited:
Sorry for the super late reply to my own thread!

Thanks so much for the welcomes and thanks so much especially to Vapoor eyes er and pablo_h for your suggestions.

Vapoor eyes er, that list of definitions was AMAZING and SO HELPFUL, thanks so much for taking the time to write that all out, everything makes much more sense now haha. So with pablo_h and Vapoor eyes er's advice I bought the following:

- An 900mAh EGO battery (in hind sight I probably should have bought 2 of these)
- ProTank II Mini
- Other bits including a case, charger and some extra coils just in case
- And of course Juice

SO .. my gear from AUS (minus the juice with nicotine because I purchased that from an international distributor) just arrived and I must say my new e-cigarette looks pretty GANGSTER, and I LOVE it .. BUT .. it's HUGE! It's longer than my hand and thicker than my fingers. So this is probably great for everyday use .. in the car, at home, at work etc. but I think I'll feel a little bit weird pulling that out when I'm around people in social settings LOL. I'm sure people will think I'm whipping out a breathalyzer and I must be an alcoholic ... :toast:

If I purchase a battery with less power, .. will it be smaller/slimmer? And would my ProTank Mini fit on a smaller/slimmer battery? Is there anything else you can suggest that is a little more discreet .. maybe only a tiny bit larger/longer than a standard cigarette?

Also Vapoor eyes er, you mentioned there's a limit on bringing in Juice .. how much would you say 3 months of Juice is?

Thanks so much! :) :)

pablo_h

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
australia
They won't go any thinner if you want to fit clearomizers like you protank mini, as that's an ego threaded clearomizer, and ~12mm is the diameter of the ego thread.
Could go thinner if you want to use some sort of 510 device and clearomizer. A nano clearomizer and a mini 510 battery, but I don't know anything about them.

Can get shorter batteries though that suits your protank, but they will be the same diameter, just shorter.
Not sure if you got a variable voltage 900mAh battery or fixed voltage either - but var volt batteries are ~ 25mm longer than fixed voltage.

But ego style threaded fixed voltage 450mAh batteries are about 62mm long, and fixed voltage 650mAh are about 74mm long (my var volt 650mAh is 98mm long for comparison.)

Importing juice: I imported 500ml of strong plain nicotine from vapingzone in the USA for DIY mixing no problems. I also bought 18x10ml bottles of premix Liqua brand and dekang brand flavoured nicotine from health cabin in China with no problems.

Edit: If you must have somthing thinner, look at the joyetech eroll:
http://www.joyetech.com/product/eRoll.php

Or get a joyetech 510 battery
http://www.joyetech.com/product/510T.php

You can get them in kits like shown, which uses their cartomizers. But if you wish to continue using clearomizers (similar to your protank - but your protank won't fit as it needs the larger ego thread - but similar function I mean), buy a joyetech 510 battery alone and get some nano clearomizers like these:
Comet 510 XL Clearomizer
Vision Nano Bottom Coil Clearomizer

I don't know where you are buying from, or whether I can link vendors. But I know vapeking has some joyetech 510 batteries loose, and the nano clearos I mentioned. Maybe vapebar does as well.
Check steam-e-cigs and juicewhore, and vapingcobra too.

Last edited:
They won't go any thinner if you want to fit clearomizers like you protank mini, as that's an ego threaded clearomizer, and ~12mm is the diameter of the ego thread.
Could go thinner if you want to use some sort of 510 device and clearomizer. A nano clearomizer and a mini 510 battery, but I don't know anything about them.

Can get shorter batteries though that suits your protank, but they will be the same diameter, just shorter.
Not sure if you got a variable voltage 900mAh battery or fixed voltage either - but var volt batteries are ~ 25mm longer than fixed voltage.

But ego style threaded fixed voltage 450mAh batteries are about 62mm long, and fixed voltage 650mAh are about 74mm long (my var volt 650mAh is 98mm long for comparison.)

Importing juice: I imported 500ml of strong plain nicotine from vapingzone in the USA for DIY mixing no problems. I also bought 18x10ml bottles of premix Liqua brand and dekang brand flavoured nicotine from health cabin in China with no problems.

Edit: If you must have somthing thinner, look at the joyetech eroll:
Joyetech eRoll, Mini Electronic Cigarette

Or get a joyetech 510 battery
Joyetech Joye 510-T mini e-cigarette starter kits

You can get them in kits like shown, which uses their cartomizers. But if you wish to continue using clearomizers (similar to your protank - but your protank won't fit as it needs the larger ego thread - but similar function I mean), buy a joyetech 510 battery alone and get some nano clearomizers like these:
Comet 510 XL Clearomizer
Vision Nano Bottom Coil Clearomizer

I don't know where you are buying from, or whether I can link vendors. But I know vapeking has some joyetech 510 batteries loose, and the nano clearos I mentioned. Maybe vapebar does as well.
Check steam-e-cigs and juicewhore, and vapingcobra too.

Hey pablo_h, thanks so so much for this!

Great idea, I might look into finding a shorter battery .. maybe I can interchange between the two. The battery is fixed voltage I believe ..'eGo-T Upgrade' it says. I just measured it, it's about 80mm long?

Oh great to hear about the juice! I only ordered approx 120ml (4x 30ml) bottles and got a little worried that they wouldn't let them in! It's such a tease having my hardware with no juice yet!

Thanks for the suggestions re. smaller e-cigs. I wonder what kind of shelf-life they have and whether they or their parts would need to be replaced more often ... maybe it's not worth looking at a smaller one. I'll look into it! I find cartomizers super annoying though .. the very first cheap e-cig I bought had a cartomizer and I just threw the thing out after a few weeks.

Finally, thanks for the vendor suggestions! Vapeking is great, I bought my hardware there and it all arrived within three days ..and my juice from juicewhore but still waiting :))) I'll check out the others too! :laugh:

Edit: Sorry, I got confused between the two .. I bought juice from Halo not juicewhore because juicewhore doesn't offer nicotine juices :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread