Newbie here my Zeus RTA is stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

pocholo01

Feb 13, 2018
Philippines
Try to reassemble the top and maybe you can get a couple threads to catch which would give a bit of leverage. buy a cheap backup rda or rta as soon as budget allows as well.

I got a peerless RDA which i'm using now. I like the tank thou i'm too lazy to keep on dripping. Reason i have a RDA cause when i went to the store they had the mod i wanted but no tank so i got the RDA. Impulse buy, what can you say.

• Agree
Reactions: Letitia

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
i think i saw a kylin RTA on a store close by. it the one that has a option if you want a tall glass or a small glass. is that the same one your using?

Kylin Mini is completely different than the Kylin. It's supposedly hands down the best single coil deck for flavour, but it also requires perfect building and wicking.

Left Kylin Mini, right Kylin.

Untitled.png

You can see the old one here had 4 big air holes. It also was dual coil:

VandyVape_Kylin_RTA_21_1024x1024.jpg

The new one is single coil only, might tighter and airflow wrapping around the coil perfectly.

maxresdefault.jpg

You could do single in the original Kylin, but you can see airflow would not be optimal:

VNV-KYL10-7.jpg

pocholo01

Feb 13, 2018
Philippines
The peerless can hold a good amount of juice though. Lasts me for longer than a standard cigarette break without dripping again.

Well that's everybody told me but i still get dry hits. I think i vape too much. like for the zues i can do like 10 tank loads a day. maybe because i cant really tell the difference with the flavor and try to puff a lot but that's another thread

pocholo01

Feb 13, 2018
Philippines
Kylin Mini is completely different than the Kylin. It's supposedly hands down the best single coil deck for flavour, but it also requires perfect building and wicking.

View attachment 720467

The new one is single coil only, might tighter and airflow wrapping around the coil perfectly.

maxresdefault.jpg

that's looks nice. ill try to see if i can find one, i just thought of another option, may be i should just buy squonker. It holds more juice than a RTA and my peerless come with a squonk needle and just sell my old mod and RTA. I sound like a kid in a candy store. I don't know what i want. All i want is a working vape with great taste to keep me off my camels.

pocholo01

Feb 13, 2018
Philippines
Maybe you need something like this then
FEV dD Style MTL 316SS Rebuildable Atomizer by SER - Silver
19.5ml should be plenty. If you don't use the reduction screw it can do DL as well.
Wicks the liquid through mesh rolls onto a cotton cloud.

Or, you know, get a squonk mod for your peerless.

same thought exactly, that's what i was typing before i read this. whats a good one? hopefully not a mech one, they say it blows up and i'm that kind of guy who experiments a lot so there is that chance with me. lol

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
that's looks nice. ill try to see if i can find one, i just thought of another option, may be i should just buy squonker. It holds more juice than a RTA and my peerless come with a squonk needle and just sell my old mod and RTA. I sound like a kid in a candy store. I don't know what i want. All i want is a working vape with great taste to keep me off my camels.

There's a phenomenon that happens a lot with vaping.

Let me give you an example:

Someone is using a subtank mini. They love it, they've had it for 2 years. They suddenly buy a Serpent SMM and get blown away by the flavour. They'll swear that it's the best tank in the World and try to recommend it to everyone online.

The problem is they aren't comparing it against its peers. Is it really that better than an OBS Nano, Kylin Mini, Pharaoh Mini?

A lot of people love squonking. They swear by it. But if you try a modern RTA that is built really well, it isn't all that different. Mechanically a squonk's wicks will suck up juice from the bottom of the juice well. You fill it by squeezing the bottle. It's unlike dripping because the juice is fed from the bottom, up the wick, onto the coil.

If you get a tank that wicks really well (like the reload or the wake), the same process is happening. Juice is pulled up from the bottom of the wick and into the coil.

I like squonking. It tastes good. But is it really better than a tank using the same coils? In my experience no.

A lot of people will disagree. Some will have valid reasons. A ton of others will just be experiencing the phenomenon above.

It's like the people who recommend 20W mods and say supraohming is just as good as subohming. Yeah, maybe it works for them. But when was the last time they tried a late 2017 dual coil RTA with a triple cored clapton?

Last edited:
  • Agree

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
problem is there is nothing to hold on to. see that small line that the other half.

I have Zeus tanks, and have run into the problem you are having. Sometimes I can't even remove it from a mod easily. The grippers I suggested don't need anything to grip onto. They will just make it easier to turn the moving parts. The porcelain tweezer with the gripper works very well if the Zeus is screwed down onto the mod too tightly. I just push the gripper part down over the tank and squeeze. If you have something like that, give it a try. As long as there is no juice on the deck, the gripper will work.

The best single coil tank that no one is talking about is the Asmodeus Zesthia. All of the tank recommendations you have gotten are good ones. The Zesthia is my favorite.

• Useful

pocholo01

Feb 13, 2018
Philippines
There's a phenomenon that happens a lot with vaping.

Let me give you an example:

Someone is using a subtank mini. They love it, they've had it for 2 years. They suddenly buy a Serpent SMM and get blown away by the flavour. They'll swear that it's the best tank in the World and try to recommend it to everyone online.

The problem is they aren't comparing it against it's peers. Is it really that better than an OBS Nano, Kylin Mini, Pharaoh Mini?

A lot of people love squonking. They swear by it. But if you try a modern RTA that is built really well, it isn't all that different. Mechanically a squonk's wicks will suck up juice from the bottom of the juice well. You fill it by squeezing the bottle. It's unlike dripping because the juice is fed from the bottom, up the wick, onto the coil.

If you get a tank that wicks really well (like the reload or the wake), the same process is happening. Juice is pulled up from the bottom of the wick and into the coil.

I like squonking. It tastes good. But is it really better than a tank using the coils? In my experience no.

A lot of people will disagree. Some will have valid reasons. A ton of others will just be experiencing the phenomenon above.

It's like the people who recommend 20W mods and say supraohming is just as good as subohming. Yeah, maybe it works for them. But when was the last time they tried a late 2017 dual coil RTA with a triple cored clapton?

that is true, its so hard. the reason how i bought my stuff was based on what they can do but for different reasons entirely, i got a aegis mod since its kinda shock proof and i drop my stuff a lot, the zeus because its spill proof. well it was good while it was working. god i miss using my juul. it was simple and working, only problem is i ran out of pods and they don't sell it here in my country. also its cheaper to have a mod here since juice is so cheap

pocholo01

Feb 13, 2018
Philippines
I have Zeus tanks, and have run into the problem you are having. Sometimes I can't even remove it from a mod easily. The grippers I suggested don't need anything to grip onto. They will just make it easier to turn the moving parts. The porcelain tweezer with the gripper works very well if the Zeus is screwed down onto the mod too tightly. I just push the gripper part down over the tank and squeeze. If you have something like that, give it a try. As long as there is no juice on the deck, the gripper will work.

The best single coil tank that no one is talking about is the Asmodeus Zesthia. All of the tank recommendations you have gotten are good ones. The Zesthia is my favorite.

im not sure we have that here

pocholo01

Feb 13, 2018
Philippines

View attachment 720467

maxresdefault.jpg

You could do single in the original Kylin, but you can see airflow would not be optimal:

VNV-KYL10-7.jpg

is spilling a issue with this tank? btw this is the one thats available here

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    195.4 KB · Views: 21

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
is spilling a issue with this tank? btw this is the one thats available here

That's the old one. I never tried it.

I do know that the first batches leaked. There was an issue with the 510 connector and juices flowing through it. It has been fixed.

If I were to get a dual coil tank, I would pick the Kensei over this. Or the Reload. Or the Wake.

The Wake in particular, as far as I can tell, is absolutely leak proof. All the other tanks i've ever used, even with premade coil heads, have at least some condensation that forms around the bottom. Or pressure changes in the tank cause it to leak.

My Wake RTA has never ever condensed, let alone leak. It's been bone dry 100% of the time i've used it.

Sanity test. I have 3 tanks I've been using today. None of them have leaked. I unscrewed the tops and took a picture of the connector.

The results:

IMG_4476.JPG

IMG_4477.JPG

IMG_4478.JPG

IMG_4479.JPG

Bone dry.

Last edited:

pocholo01

Feb 13, 2018
Philippines
That's the old one. I never tried it.

I do know that the first batches leaked. There was an issue with the 510 connector and juices flowing through it. It has been fixed.

If I were to get a dual coil tank, I would pick the Kensei over this. Or the Reload. Or the Wake.

The Wake in particular, as far as I can tell, is absolutely leak proof. All the other tanks i've ever used, even with premade coil heads, have at least some condensation that forms around the bottom. Or pressure changes in the tank cause it to leak.

My Wake RTA has never ever condensed, let alone leak. It's been bone dry 100% of the time i've used it.

Sanity test. I have 3 tanks I've been using today. None of them have leaked. I unscrewed the tops and took a picture of the connector.

The results:

View attachment 720471

View attachment 720473

View attachment 720475

View attachment 720477

Bone dry.

nice! i even like the colors. ill look into that, nice kb corsair?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread