Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello again everyone I hope all of you are having a fantastic day today. I'm going to review a tank that has been in production for some time but is a solid performer and one of my favorites. With the slowdown in China going on now Geekvape thought a revisit on the Zeus X rta would be nice and sent one out for review. It's hard to believe but some folks might have missed the Zeus X RTA somewhere down the line so this review is mainly for them. As my title says this is a favorite tank of mine and I'll explain why later in the review but first let's get to know the Zeus X RTA.

ZEUS X RTA COLOR CHOICES

0*Sr8O1l65RZR3_tfJ

HAVING BOTH TOP AIRFLOW ALONG WITH TOP TO SIDE AIRFLOW CREATES GREAT FLAVOR AND VAPOR PRODUCTION WHILE UTILIZING A LEAK PROOF DESIGN

ZEUS-X-Airflow.gif

NEW BUILD DECK DUEL COIL DESIGN

ZEUS-X-Build-deck.jpg

EASY TO CLEAN AND DISASSEMBLE WITH A DETACHABLE INNER CHAMBER

ZEUS-X-Inner-chamber.gif

EASY TOP FILL WITH QUICK ACCESS DESIGN

GeekVape_Zeus_X_RTA-4.jpg

TANK BREAKDOWN AND OVERVIEW

GeekVape_Zeus_X_RTA-5.jpg

MEASUREMENT PARAMETERS

GeekVape_Zeus_X_RTA-6.jpg

INCLUDED IN THE STANDARD EDITION

GeekVape_Zeus_X_RTA-7.jpg

MY INITIAL IMPRESSION OF THE ZEUS Z RTA

After opening the package I was in awe at just how handsome of a tank the Zeus X RTA was. Contents of my Zeus X RTA.

20200202_094619.jpg

Zeus X RTA CLEANED AND READY TO BE REASSEMBLED

20200202_091738.jpg

BUILD DECK PHOTOS

20200202_085330.jpg

20200202_085726.jpg

ZEUS X COILED AND WICKED

20200202_125936.jpg

INNER DOME ATTACHED

20200202_090253.jpg

FILLED AND READY TO VAPE

20200216_074345.jpg

20200216_102919.jpg

DETAILS OF THE ZEUS X RTA

I told you it is a beautiful tank and the vape from it is outstanding also. This tank is a duel coil tank but can also be used as a single with a bigger coil although I didn't try it that way. Building on this deck is a breeze because it incorporates a postless deck design that has one con to it, cutting your coil legs after installing can be tough because there's not a lot of room to get your cutters in so pre measure and you will have no problem. I used a 4.5 measurement on the Coily Tool.

Wicking is also very easy and as long as you leave a tad of wiggle room and keep the tails from hitting the bottom of the deck it will wick and keep up just fine. Air lovers will absolutely adore the Zeus X RTA because of the honeycombed inner chamber it creates massive air but can also be dialed down for a nice restricted lung hit. Airfow is smooth across the spectrum from wide open to closed down but is a bit noisy.

I used the coils that were included ( N80 0.4Ω ) and have been very happy with their performance and they dry burn and clean up fine. I will say by no means is this tank a sipper of juice, shes a juice hog and I'm fine with that because if you wick it right meaning don't pack your material and keep your tails off the bottom of the deck you will not get a dry hit, Iv'e never had a dry hit from the Zeus X RTA.

20200315_115643.jpg

With this being a top air tank you can rest knowing that as long as you keep it in a upright position it will be leak free. Iv'e never had a leak from the Zeus X RTA. Mileage on wicks is also very good probably because they stay saturated with juice. As far as flavor the Zeus X RTA is above average in my opinion and consider this tank a big winner in all categories, just wish I had a blue Zeus Legend mod for the tank to sit on, I bet the combo looks fantastic.

PROS
    FLAVOR
    * GREAT AIR
    * EASY TO BUILD AND WICK
    * VERY HANDSOME TANK
    * 2 DRIP TIPS INCLUDED

CONS
    LITTLE LOUD

In closing I would like to thank Clay and Geekvape for providing the Zeus X RTA for review. I would also like to thank you folks reading this review and hope it helped anyone looking to pick up the Zeus X RTA. You can follow Geekvape on facebook GeekVape

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Last edited:

Medo9312

Oct 31, 2016
    Saudi Arabia
    Hello again everyone I hope all of you are having a fantastic day today. I'm going to review a tank that has been in production for some time but is a solid performer and one of my favorites. With the slowdown in China going on now Geekvape thought a revisit on the Zeus X RTA would be nice and sent one out for review. It's hard to believe but some folks might have missed the Zeus X RTA somewhere down the line so this review is mainly for them. As my title says this is a favorite tank of mine and I'll explain why later in the review but first let's get to know the Zeus X RTA.

ZEUS X RTA COLOR CHOICES

0*Sr8O1l65RZR3_tfJ

HAVING BOTH TOP AIRFLOW ALONG WITH TOP TO SIDE AIRFLOW CREATES GREAT FLAVOR AND VAPOR PRODUCTION WHILE UTILIZING A LEAK PROOF DESIGN

ZEUS-X-Airflow.gif

NEW BUILD DECK DUEL COIL DESIGN

ZEUS-X-Build-deck.jpg

EASY TO CLEAN AND DISASSEMBLE WITH A DETACHABLE INNER CHAMBER

ZEUS-X-Inner-chamber.gif

EASY TOP FILL WITH QUICK ACCESS DESIGN

GeekVape_Zeus_X_RTA-4.jpg

TANK BREAKDOWN AND OVERVIEW

GeekVape_Zeus_X_RTA-5.jpg

MEASUREMENT PARAMETERS

GeekVape_Zeus_X_RTA-6.jpg

INCLUDED IN THE STANDARD EDITION

GeekVape_Zeus_X_RTA-7.jpg

MY INITIAL IMPRESSION OF THE ZEUS Z RTA

After opening the package I was in awe at just how handsome of a tank the Zeus X RTA was. Contents of my Zeus X RTA.

View attachment 874723

Zeus X RTA CLEANED AND READY TO BE REASSEMBLED

View attachment 874721

BUILD DECK PHOTOS

View attachment 874725

View attachment 874729

ZEUS X COILED AND WICKED

View attachment 874731

INNER DOME ATTACHED

View attachment 874733

FILLED AND READY TO VAPE

View attachment 874713

View attachment 874717

DETAILS OF THE ZEUS X RTA

I told you it is a beautiful tank and the vape from it is outstanding also. This tank is a duel coil tank but can also be used as a single with a bigger coil although I didn't try it that way. Building on this deck is a breeze because it incorporates a postless deck design that has one con to it, cutting your coil legs after installing can be tough because there's not a lot of room to get your cutters in so pre measure and you will have no problem. I used a 4.5 measurement on the Coily Tool.

Wicking is also very easy and as long as you leave a tad of wiggle room and keep the tails from hitting the bottom of the deck it will wick and keep up just fine. Air lovers will absolutely adore the Zeus X RTA because of the honeycombed inner chamber it creates massive air but can also be dialed down for a nice restricted lung hit. Airfow is smooth across the spectrum from wide open to closed down but is a bit noisy.

I used the coils that were included ( N80 0.4Ω ) and have been very happy with their performance and they dry burn and clean up fine. I will say by no means is this tank a sipper of juice, shes a juice hog and I'm fine with that because if you wick it right meaning don't pack your material and keep your tails off the bottom of the deck you will not get a dry hit, Iv'e never had a dry hit from the Zeus X RTA.

View attachment 874769

With this being a top air tank you can rest knowing that as long as you keep it in a upright position it will be leak free. Iv'e never had a leak from the Zeus X RTA. Mileage on wicks is also very good probably because they stay saturated with juice. As far as flavor the Zeus X RTA is above average in my opinion and consider this tank a big winner in all categories, just wish I had a blue Zeus Legend mod for the tank to sit on, I bet the combo looks fantastic.

PROS
    FLAVOR
    * GREAT AIR
    * EASY TO BUILD AND WICK
    * VERY HANDSOME TANK
    * 2 DRIP TIPS INCLUDED

CONS
    LITTLE LOUD

In closing I would like to thank Clay and Geekvape for providing the Zeus X RTA for review. I would also like to thank you folks reading this review and hope it helped anyone looking to pick up the Zeus X RTA. You can follow Geekvape on facebook GeekVape

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Thanks for the review.. I recently joined the forum and I am still missing something with this tank.. the flavor is very poor for me and I dont know the reason while all the expertises said that it is awesome in term of flavor. I still adore Ammit RTA 22mm and it is still my best RTA.
    can you help me with any tips for enhancing Zeus X flavor?

Medo9312

Oct 31, 2016
    Saudi Arabia
    Can you post a build before and after you wick, it could be as simple as your coil being to high or low and wick packed in the wells to tight.
    Thanks for your reply.
    I prefer a single coil build. I use Kanthal 6 wraps at 2.5 diameter to give a resistance around 0.5 Ohm
    in reference to the coil height, I mede it a little bit low not to touch the metal cone, and the wick is too tight as you mentioned.

here is a photo for the build IMG-4516

sVWDdH6

sVWDdH6

Reactions: hittman

Medo9312

Oct 31, 2016
    Saudi Arabia
    The tank was made for duel coils and 3mm size coils, by you using a single 2.5 the coil is way to small , try building it the way the tank was intended to be built. Your coil is very dirty also.
    Thanks a lot.. i will give a try for a bigger coil
    May I know what are the reasons for the dirty coil? May it be due to the sugary liquid I use?

Reactions: hittman

BillW50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    US
    I prefer a single coil build. I use Kanthal 6 wraps at 2.5 diameter to give a resistance around 0.5 Ohm
    in reference to the coil height, I mede it a little bit low not to touch the metal cone, and the wick is too tight as you mentioned.

How did you make out? I never tried a simple round wire in mine and I heard they don't do well in these tanks. I can tell you that a single coil build like a Demon Killer Alien V2 does really well in this tank. Here is the coil, but this one is in a Coral 2 RDA.

Eleaf Coral 2 03_sm.jpg

Reactions: bigbob2322
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread