Newbie - Need General Advice & Advice for using Joytech eRoll

Status
Not open for further replies.

obladi6703

Jun 24, 2013
Pearl, MS
Hello all.

New to the world of vaping. I've never been a heavy smoker, at most I would smoke a pack a day. After my first child was born in 11/11, I quit smoking completely. However, that only lasted about 6 months. I started sneaking smokes at work and on my lunch break (my wife quit smoking about 3 years ago and is still on the wagon).

My wife eventually busted me and has been on my ... about quitting again (especially now that we have baby number 2 on the way). I quit smoking again a few months ago, but the cravings became too intense and I decided to try an e-cig.

For the past two weeks I have been vaping Njoy Kings (menthol). I like the Njoy so far, it has a really good throat hit and nice flavor. However, I notice I have been getting a headache after vaping on them. Could this be due to the high nicotine content? I also tried the disposable blu e cig, but didn't enjoy the experience. There was barely any throat hit and I didn't like its length (I much prefer the Njoy's size).

I've spent many days reading up on the world of vaping and am still pretty confused. From my research, I decided that I would try the Joytech eRoll.

Questions:
1. Is it safe to vape with children in the car? I know that smoking analogs around children is horrible. My parents smoked when I was little and I had constant ear infections and sinus problems. If this is not a good idea, would it be okay to vape in the car when they are not in the car with me - does vaping leave harmful residue in the car? Also, do you guys vape in the house, or do you go outside? When I was smoking, would never smoke in the house, I'd always go outside on my back patio.

2. On to the eRoll. How often can you refill a tank with ejuice? Do you clean the tanks or just toss them and buy new empty tanks? If you use a needle to refill the ejuice do you need to wash it before using it with a different flavor? How do you know when it's time to toss a tank?

3. How do you know when to replace the atomizer?

4. What would be a good ejuice to start with and what level of nicotine should I use? Like I mentioned earlier, I like the menthol Njoy King, but I think the high nicotine content is giving me pretty bad headaches.

5. What are some reputable websites to use to make my purchases? I live in central Mississippi and have not been able to find any local shops that sell vaping supplies.

I guess that's all the questions for now.

Thanks!
Justin

Thin

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2013
Scotland
Headache is one of the signs of too much nicotine, but vaping drys you out so you could be a bit dehydrated, or maybe a combo of both.

Many studies have shown there is no adverse effect of passive vaping, so it's about as safe as boiling a kettle with your child in the car, and it leaves no residue.

I smoked around 20-25 roll ups per day and find that 18mg strength (1.8%) is perfect for me.

Replace the head (atomiser) when it starts to taste funny or doesn't produce much vapor. Depending on how much I vape I get about a week, maybe two, from a head. I'm not familiar with your particular head but if it can physically be refilled then I'd be refilling it, not binning it.

Hope this helps :)

Azmo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
Liverpool, NY, USA
For your first question, I don't think you'll get a conclusive answer about vaping around infants. My feeling is, better safe then sorry. I do vape with my kids around, but they are teenagers. Not as delicate as infants. I vape in the house and in the car. I have not noticed an residue anywhere. It actually made my car, that I used to smoke in, smell much better. There is nothing to linger in the air as it is just water vapor. They say second hand vapor is safe, but I'm not sure they've done any studies on how much nicotine remains when you exhale.

I can't help with any of the questions regarding the eRoll as I have never had one. I went from Blu to an eGo fat battery.

As far as vendors, there are more then I can count. There is a vendor section here with a bunch of different reputable vendors. If possible, try to find out who makes the juice for the Njoy. Then you can order direct. I know Johnson Creek makes the juice for Blu. I can't really help with tobacco flavors because when I stopped using Blu, I chose not to vape anything that tasted like a real cigarette.

Good luck and welcome to the forums.

Who Dat

Jun 18, 2013
Louisiana
I really like my eroll for out & about. You will have to refill the cartridges with liquid fairly often (they only hold .6 ml of fluid). But the frequency depends on how much you use it.

I just rinse my tanks out with warm water, let them dry & reuse them. They do eventually wear out but I've only thrown 1 or 2 out after about a month of use.

The atomizers seem to last about a week or 2 for me. You'll get a feel for when they need to be changed, but you will notice they the vapor production will start to decline over time.

The only liquid I have found that I really like is Johnson creek. I like the 100% VG red oak line, but if you are looking for something with more of a throat hit you should probably get something with PG base.

I ordered my eroll & most of my other equipment from litecigusa.net. You may be able to find a better price elsewhere, but they seem to be good & have pretty quick shipping.

Hope that helps & good luck.

Last edited:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Njoy Kings (menthol). I like the Njoy so far, it has a really good throat hit and nice flavor. However, I notice I have been getting a headache after vaping on them. Could this be due to the high nicotine content?
NJoy Kings have a VERY high nicotine content, so maybe.

I also tried the disposable blu e cig, but didn't enjoy the experience. There was barely any throat hit and I didn't like its length (I much prefer the Njoy's size).
If you can afford NJoy Kings then you can certainly afford White Cloud Mini Flings.
They are the same size, but have MANY more options for nicotine strength and available flavors.

Questions:
1. Is it safe to vape with children in the car?
As far as I'm concerned, most definitely.
And I've read just about everything there is to read about vaping in the last four years.

2. On to the eRoll. How often can you refill a tank with ejuice? Do you clean the tanks or just toss them and buy new empty tanks? If you use a needle to refill the ejuice do you need to wash it before using it with a different flavor? How do you know when it's time to toss a tank?
I would never wash my tank before refilling.
That's some kind of massive overkill that makes no sense to me.
:)

4. What would be a good ejuice to start with and what level of nicotine should I use?
It depends on how much you smoked, what you smoked, and how often you intend to vape.

Azmo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
Liverpool, NY, USA
There have been a couple of studies, and they all show that we exhale almost no nicotine at all.
Search for Clearstream and IVAQs.

I'm sure things have been written. I've just never seen or read them so I can't comment on their validity. Of course, anyone can say what they want. Hell, I can take a single pill and lose 10 pounds a week if I believed everything I read.

Although I have no doubt that second hand vapor is safe, I am not going to be the one to tell someone it's safe to vape around their infants based off unproven studies.

Azmo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
Liverpool, NY, USA
Well, maybe you should read them.
:)

Not to be argumentative in this thread, but I don't see a reason for me too. I am not a doctor and will NOT give anyone advice on medical facts or fiction when it pertains to their children. Each person has to make their own decision because there are just as many saying it's not safe as there are saying that it is.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Not to be argumentative in this thread, but I don't see a reason for me too. I am not a doctor and will NOT give anyone advice on medical facts or fiction when it pertains to their children. Each person has to make their own decision because there are just as many saying it's not safe as there are saying that it is.
That's cool, you're welcome to your opinion of course.
But I'd love to see anyone saying it isn't safe to justify that in any way, shape, or form.

Personally, from what I've read over the course of the last four years...
I would be more willing to argue a position that it would be good for them than bad for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread