newbie NEEDS HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
LMAO - But I hope you are okay - blow really hard or else you might not get to vape for the rest of the day!! :lol: You'll be all trembly and shaky....thanks for the great laughs! I needed it ~ I can just picture the whole thing!! 8-o

I'm tellin' on both of you. - Naa - Naa - na-na - naaaaaaa.:evil:

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
I'm tellin' on both of you. - Naa - Naa - na-na - naaaaaaa.:evil:

My new avatar tells you what I think of that hahaha!

Hey - where did the OP go? You think it was a ruse like aspen said?

Maaannn we got suckered again!!!

LOVE your avatar Jim. We have a Red Skelton clown parade every year here in memory. Yup - you know where I'm from if you're a Red fan!

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
LOVE your avatar Jim. We have a Red Skelton clown parade every year here in memory. Yup - you know where I'm from if you're a Red fan!

There's a story behind my avatar. My Great Uncle, Jeff Davis was King of the Hobos. That's probably where I got traveling in my blood from.

Hobo: 1939 Yearbook

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
Way cool Jim! :) Hey - can I have some of your posts? My count is too low.

Guys - don't laugh while taking a drag. A snort of liquid up your nose is most UNPLEASANT. 8-o

Even so, I still wouldn't have missed mamacat's response. :thumb:

What's that smell?
What smell?
You know, that smell?
I don't smell anything but MENTHOL hahaha!

Last edited:

Antebellum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2009
Madison, GA
hi, this forum is awesome!! everyone is so nice. 27yo. marlboro red smoker 3-4ppd for many years. trying to find out what IS BEST e-cig for me? what accessories do i need? what refills? how many? what e-liquid? what cart"s or batteries? ect... is there an actual definative answer? anything head and shoulders above the rest? CAUSE FROM WHAT I CAN GATHER...ITS ALL ENTIRELY SUBJECTIVE! EVERYONE HAS AN ENTIRELY DIFF OPINION AND FAVORITE. please help me. i know im a rookie and ignorant- but really want to learn.

Hi, Brap,

Well, you got an awful lot of input here. Some folks talked about where to start, like I did, and other folks talked about where it would lead you. Both were good advice. Better than restating what went before, why don't you go to the reviews section and read up on the various devices? I advocate getting a starter kit first because it'll have everything you need - to start. It won't get you so far beyond that, but the starter kits are usually cheaper than buying the components and building your e-cigs. You'll need the battery charger anyway.

I vastly underestimated how many cartridges I'd go through. The sellers also have the habit of providing various strengths and flavors in the starter kits. Some folks are surprised that these can include zero nicotine. That's why most folks are advising getting cartridges and extra juice.

Batteries contain switches and a microchip. The microchip MAY have something to do with power and battery management, but it may just be an electronic nanny, too. Lots of folks don't like the automatic switches because they have a fairly high failure rate and even worse, some of them are microphonic - activated by sound. This is why many folks advocate batteries with switches.

I can't be more specific about which flavors to start with, but I've tried Marlboro, Virginia, and Turkish. Don't expect more than the suggestion of the real cigarette's flavor. It takes a few thousand chemicals to make up that flavor, and our e-juice doesn't have them or need them. And with that said, I find the Virginia from Totally Wicked to be both sweet and smooth. I vaped it for the first time today, and it is actually pretty nice.

You may soon discover, as I did, that the non-cigarette flavors are actually more fun. I also found out today that mixing cherry and grape came out like a bubble gum flavor. All I'm saying here is that you're not LIMITED to imitating cigarette flavors.

You can debate this internally until eternity, or you can jump in and try something. There's really no WRONG way to get started.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Oh that is so mean!! :D You wouldn't do that to us - would you Jim? ;)

Us guys gotta stick together. You two gals sound just like my wife. I never notice things either. I guess all guys are the same.

I came home after a trip about a year ago, and after three days at home she informed me that I never noticed she got glasses. (Oop's) I'm lucky she's so nice, cause she just laughed it off, but I still hear about it occasionally.

Judge Mental

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
FL
Mamacat no money is wasted if the end result is quiting chemically soaked medium called tobacco. It is the farthest thing from what tobacco really is. I am embarrassed to tell you how much I spent. I did not know about this place until a mo nth after starting and let me tell you I would have saved some money by reading the tutorials listed here. I was so stupid I bought a unit from the uk ( nothing against the uk) thinking it was unique (the titan) Well I not only paid more the unit because of the dollar value but the shipping also got me. We all learn, some of us just the expensive way.

Embarrassed at how much I've spent in just the last couple of weeks - oh yeah! :oops: After learning of e-cigs, I ran out and picked up an NJoy NPro without doing any research whatsoever. Had to have to right now, don't 'cha know. I didn't care for the taste of the carts at all or the gurgling noises. But I knew I was onto something. Got on-line and ordered a Red Dragon. Like most other 'noobs', I wanted something that looked and felt like an analog. :rolleyes: Then I stumbled across this forum. Who knew there were so many different models and types with all the confusing acronyms? I read and read - then read some more, then ordered M401 from Eastmall. I thought it would take forever to get here ( it didn't). While (not so patiently) waiting I found a supplier that could get me one pretty quickly so I ordered one from there as well. I'm currently waiting for a DPV9 and a Yeti to arrive. And now I'm seriously eyeballing the Janty Stick. Somebody stop me!

Have I gone overboard? No doubt! I understand that no model is perfect, but I'm looking for the one best suited for my needs. And while I don't have unlimited funds, I don't regret learning the expensive way, as you say. Because all said and done, I'm down from 2 packs a day to just a couple - and that is nothing short of miraculous!

Suzi

Richie G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
Lawn Guyland, NY
Then I stumbled across this forum. Who knew there were so many different models and types with all the confusing acronyms? Suzi

>

Hi Suzy. I'm only about a week ahead of you on the learning curve. I'm pretty much convinced that there are only 4 or 5 different e-cig models but there are 117 names for them. <g>

Pretty much everybody buys some variation of the Njoy pro. It's right there in the official e-cig buyer's handbook in the "Impetuous Buys" chapter. Soon, we realize that it doesn't have to look/feel like an analog at all and that it's ridiculous to keep changing batteries and filling that tiny cartridge. Then, it's all about consistency and throat hit -- ergo, the pen styles, the 510 et al. Then, the cool factor and the Janty stick. Gotta have one of those.

Nah, your course is pretty much normal -- 'cept for the part about buying the same device twice because the wait was too long for the first one. That might be a first. =)

Listen, the screw driver is pretty cool looking too.... (I'm no help whatsoever, am I?) LOL

Welcome to the party, ma'am.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
For when you're at home, I recommend either the FS Emperor M201 or the FS Maharajah RN4072. Both of those are penstyle e-cigs so they are strong and have a good battery life. The M201 has an easier inhalation.

Penstyle will get you 3 maybe 4 hours of battery life. A Janty Stick, Screwdriver, GG, Prodigy or LV will get you 6-8 hours of battery life and more vapor and throat hit than you could ever possibly find in any penstyle.

Judge Mental

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
FL
>

Hi Suzy. I'm only about a week ahead of you on the learning curve. I'm pretty much convinced that there are only 4 or 5 different e-cig models but there are 117 names for them. <g>

Pretty much everybody buys some variation of the Njoy pro. It's right there in the official e-cig buyer's handbook in the "Impetuous Buys" chapter. Soon, we realize that it doesn't have to look/feel like an analog at all and that it's ridiculous to keep changing batteries and filling that tiny cartridge. Then, it's all about consistency and throat hit -- ergo, the pen styles, the 510 et al. Then, the cool factor and the Janty stick. Gotta have one of those.

Nah, your course is pretty much normal -- 'cept for the part about buying the same device twice because the wait was too long for the first one. That might be a first. =)

Listen, the screw driver is pretty cool looking too.... (I'm no help whatsoever, am I?) LOL

Welcome to the party, ma'am.

Thank you much, Richie. I do love a party!

I wish I'd gotten my hands on one of those handbooks. Not that I'd have paid any attention to it. Impetuousness is just one of my... err... traits. Impatience is another. :D

I'm counting my small blessings that the screwdriver doesn't appeal to me. It looks too much like... well, a screwdriver. Now that Janty Stick - that's just sweet. But I've summoned up what little will power I have to wait at least until I receive the two I'm currently waitng for. It'll be done, though - know that.

Suzi

Boom!

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2009
San Antonio, TX
brapablo - you have to make that first purchase and try it. If you aren't happy with whichever model & juice you get the first time..buy a different model and/or try some different juice. If you are serious about trying a safer alternative than smoking you just have to stick with it and keep trying till you find what works.

mamacat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2009
WS, NC, USA
Us guys gotta stick together. You two gals sound just like my wife. I never notice things either. I guess all guys are the same.

I came home after a trip about a year ago, and after three days at home she informed me that I never noticed she got glasses. (Oop's) I'm lucky she's so nice, cause she just laughed it off, but I still hear about it occasionally.

Well, of course you hear about it ocassionally. Do you expect anything less? :D I have nick named my DH - Capt. Obvious....lol

MisKate

ECF Veteran
May 20, 2009
Illinois, USA
>

LOL, Suzy might have been the first, but not the ONLY. I did it, too. Still waiting on my first order. Been vaping two days on the 901 I ordered from Electronic Ash. He rocks with super super fast shipping.

allure

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Lake Forest,CA
hi, this forum is awesome!! everyone is so nice. 27yo. marlboro red smoker 3-4ppd for many years. trying to find out what IS BEST e-cig for me? what accessories do i need? what refills? how many? what e-liquid? what cart"s or batteries? ect... is there an actual definative answer? anything head and shoulders above the rest? CAUSE FROM WHAT I CAN GATHER...ITS ALL ENTIRELY SUBJECTIVE! EVERYONE HAS AN ENTIRELY DIFF OPINION AND FAVORITE. please help me. i know im a rookie and ignorant- but really want to learn.

Congratulation for deciding to quit cigarettes with the help of e-cigs. When I first started my ecig, I bought the njoy NPRO kit from Costco and the atomizer died after few days. so I have to go back to analogs(regular marlboro). Then I started browsing in Google and youtube for ecig videos, then I came across this forum which gave me all the knowledge required about ecigs:thumb: . There are lot of good experienced vaporizers:) on this forum who will help you answering your questions but you need to put some effort in reading this http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...2-new-updated-comprehensive-intro-vaping.html

OK..after my first ecig died, I was so frustrated and never want to come back to e-cigs. Then for the final attempt, I have bought 36mg e-liquid from totally wicked and DSE801 from eastmall.net(good Chinese supplier-David Yang) You can find lots of Chinese suppliers on this board as well as American suppliers. it is up to you to decide based on the reviews and pricing. One thing you need to know is all these models are manufactured in china but distributed with different names by different suppliers. So use due diligence in purchasing your first e-cigs. always have your backup(I would recommend 2 atomizer and usb passthrough) along with the starter kit. You don't want to get disappointed if your first ecigs dies after few days. It happens unless you are very lucky. It is exactly opposite to Vegas(starters luck and then you are screwed). e-vaping is like getting into stock market, your are unlucky because you make mistakes and then you'll be successful with more knowledge. Nobody is going to answer every single newbie question when it is already available on the forum as sticky for you to see and read.

Good luck to you. But see the videos on the link above and get knowledge from other experts before you get into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread