Newbie seeking suggestions - Riva or Kgo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullette the Cowdog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2012
Treasure Coast, FL
Bullette the Kgo fan here.
4.2 volts off the charger. Average 3.7 volts.
1100 mah battery lasts a day and a half.
Good prices too.
Try Hoosiers or Dark City Vapor.
I use either Boge 2.0 ohm cartomizers
Or
Smoketeck 1.7 ohm cartomizers.
No leaks. No cracking. No burnt taste.
And I don't use a tank. I just keep it simple that way.

flarg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2012
Here
The Plume Room has this super kit that has BOTH KGO and Riva batteries!
Ultimate New Vaper Starter Set by TPR | The Plume Room
You get one KGO battery and then 2 different Riva batteries, along with all sorts of accessories and such. Pretty sweet deal for $85! The juices here are amazing, and the service couldn't be better. Seriously. And free samples! And great prices!
And, I don't know if I should be sharing this yet, but you can get 20% off with code "thankyou" (there should be an announcement today or tomorrow. With the codes for this site, you enter them when you check out. And no, haven't been paid to say this. :p I'm just very impressed with this company). I got a KGO started kit from here and I really enjoy it.

As far as cartos, I just learned a very cool thing...I like the clearomizers, personally, though they can get $$ after awhile. But they can sometimes burn my throat. The best way to get a nice clean vape, from the beginning, lots of plume, AND get a longer life, is to do a dry burn FIRST. If you don't know what that is, here's the you tube:

flarg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2012
Here
Thanks again for eveyone's input. :) I ordered the KGO on Labor Day and got it last friday. This KGO kick ..., LoL! I haven't touched my analog cig all morning. My other cheap e-cig that I got from the local tobacco shop doesn't have enough "kick". Hopefully with my KGO I'll be able to quit analog very soon. :)
Way to go!
I just ordered a Riva set on Labor Day anyway, since it was such a good deal. So now I have 2 KGO batteries and 3 Riva batteries, and really, they are the same battery-wise. The only difference is the number of times you need to quickly press the button to shut it off (the KGO 5 times, Riva 3). I don't know why the difference. I like the "tank-o-mizer" that came with the Riva set, but obviously you can use that on any 510-threaded device or with adapter. I must say, too, that having the shut off feature is very very nice. I got a Leo set too and those buttons are easily pressed by anything.
Next is the KGO VV, dun dun dun... :D

Syav

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2012
Minnesota
Way to go!
I just ordered a Riva set on Labor Day anyway, since it was such a good deal. So now I have 2 KGO batteries and 3 Riva batteries, and really, they are the same battery-wise. The only difference is the number of times you need to quickly press the button to shut it off (the KGO 5 times, Riva 3). I don't know why the difference. I like the "tank-o-mizer" that came with the Riva set, but obviously you can use that on any 510-threaded device or with adapter. I must say, too, that having the shut off feature is very very nice. I got a Leo set too and those buttons are easily pressed by anything.
Next is the KGO VV, dun dun dun... :D

What are tank-o-mizers? I noticed that the pre-filled cartos that came with my KGO aren't the same as the blank BOGEs that I ordered. Are they also tank-o-mizers? For description, they're a bit smaller than BOGE and has a square filling in it rather than rounded. BTW thanks for the Plume Room link that you suggested. I'll most likely order some juice from Plume Room next :)

flarg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2012
Here
What are tank-o-mizers? I noticed that the pre-filled cartos that came with my KGO aren't the same as the blank BOGEs that I ordered. Are they also tank-o-mizers? For description, they're a bit smaller than BOGE and has a square filling in it rather than rounded. BTW thanks for the Plume Room link that you suggested. I'll most likely order some juice from Plume Room next :)
riva-t-tankomizer__29745_zoom.png

They're just like empty cartomizer tanks I think. You can get them with a pen cap.
RIVA-T Tank-O-Mizer
"The tank includes windows on the side of the body so you can monitor juice level within. It holds approx. 2ml of juice and the internal coil system is designed to provide a clean, authentic flavor without any of the secondary tastes common with cartomizers."
Though with this "Tank-O-Mizer" and the cap on, it makes the Riva super long. Also the mouthpiece easily comes off. There's 510 threading at the tip of this tank thing, so there must be a mouthpiece/drip tip that fits it. I bought some drip tips that fit my leo and they do fit this Riva tank but still easily come off. I can screw on a KGO cone and then fit snugly the Leo tip, but then that's sorta goofy since the cone then is empty and just takes up space.
With KGO cone and Leo drip tip:
flarg-albums-my-cool-stuff-picture135489-img-20120916-232803-1.jpg

Without cap:
flarg-albums-my-cool-stuff-picture135483-riva-tank-o-mizer.jpg

With cap:
flarg-albums-my-cool-stuff-picture135482-riva-tank-o-mizer-cap.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread