[NEWBIE] Things i dont understand about liquid base

Status
Not open for further replies.

meph1

Apr 26, 2018
Hi guys!
So today i ordered my FIRST base and flavor, been vaping since september and i have some questions which i googled but the answers are not clear enough for me.
My questions are:
It is an 50%PG, 50%VG and 12mg nicotine, it says on the bottle that its 99.9% nicotine.
HERES A PICTURE:
nikotinos-e-liquid-alap-50pg50vg-egyensuly-100ml.jpg

I made my first liquid in a 10ml bottle where i mixed 9ml of base with 1ml of flavor.
Is it really just as it is? I have sealed it in and jobs done, i did it the right way, right?
Basically what im asking is, since my base contains pg, vg and nicotine i dont have anything else to deal with, right?
Next question is, it says 99.9%. Is it the pureness of the nicotine right? My 10ml liquid with 9ml base(50%PG, 50%VG, 12mg) will be 12mg at all?
If i screwed up the measurements can i be in trouble? Say if i dont put enough flavor?
My base is sealed with a child safety lock system, can anyone in the house get posioned by the fume of it?

Sorry for these questions and i really appreciate the answers.

meph1

Apr 26, 2018
[NOTICE] I POSTED THIS TO THE WRONG FORUM FIRST, SORRY [NOTICE]

Hi guys!
So today i ordered my FIRST base and flavor, been vaping since september and i have some questions which i googled but the answers are not clear enough for me.
My questions are:
It is an 50%PG, 50%VG and 12mg nicotine, it says on the bottle that its 99.9% nicotine.
HERES A PICTURE:
nikotinos-e-liquid-alap-50pg50vg-egyensuly-100ml.jpg

I made my first liquid in a 10ml bottle where i mixed 9ml of base with 1ml of flavor.
Is it really just as it is? I have sealed it in and jobs done, i did it the right way, right?
Basically what im asking is, since my base contains pg, vg and nicotine i dont have anything else to deal with, right?
Next question is, it says 99.9%. Is it the pureness of the nicotine right? My 10ml liquid with 9ml base(50%PG, 50%VG, 12mg) will be 12mg at all?
If i screwed up the measurements can i be in trouble? Say if i dont put enough flavor?
My base is sealed with a child safety lock system, can anyone in the house get posioned by the fume of it?

Sorry for these questions and i really appreciate the answers.

TwistedThrottle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Washington
Hey meph1, yep, easy, huh? 99.9% is purity of nicotine, similar to 91% rubbing alcohol. Its a solution and they call out the purity. 12mg nic base +flavor wont get you a true 12mg juice, unless your flavor is also nic'd, but pretty close. If you dont add flavor, it'd be 12mg nic and thats not a problem as there are many who vape unflavored. Keep the cap on, 12mg isnt too concentrated but is trans-dermal, that is- it easily goes through skin so mop up any messes with the cup of water you have sitting near by. Its not concentrated enough to worry about vapors from an opened bottle, unlike 100mg nic which should only be dealt with while in proper personal protection equipment and in a well ventilated area. Hope this helps.

meph1

Apr 26, 2018
Hey meph1, yep, easy, huh? 99.9% is purity of nicotine, similar to 91% rubbing alcohol. Its a solution and they call out the purity. 12mg nic base +flavor wont get you a true 12mg juice, unless your flavor is also nic'd, but pretty close. If you dont add flavor, it'd be 12mg nic and thats not a problem as there are many who vape unflavored. Keep the cap on, 12mg isnt too concentrated but is trans-dermal, that is- it easily goes through skin so mop up any messes with the cup of water you have sitting near by. Its not concentrated enough to worry about vapors from an opened bottle, unlike 100mg nic which should only be dealt with while in proper personal protection equipment and in a well ventilated area. Hope this helps.
Thank you!
One more question: I see that some places they say 12mg/ml as 1.2%.
So if im correct in my case (50%PG 50%VG it means its actually 49.4%PG and 49.4% VG, with 1.2% Nicotine? So the nicotine content of the whole bottle is 1.2% at all? Or if its 12mg/ml its actually 120mg of nicote? Sorry for the "illuminated" questions, i just want everything to be clear.

Reactions: stols001

meph1

Apr 26, 2018

Necrospecter

Dulce de Leche to rule them all
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2017
Fort Worth Texas
www.forsakengamingnation.com
do not feel bad it has happened to us all trust me when I started here I had confused my self with batteries so bad that I was ready to say screw it and give up. Looks like Twisted gave you a response if it does not help or you have more questions ask if the response you get you still do not understand or is still confusing just say something and we will all try and help as best we can until you get it or feel comfortable

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I can’t see the picture well enough to read the label. But I’m confused why it would say 99.9% nicotine if it’s 12 mg per ml. However, I use a more concentrated 100 mg/ml, and I’m guessing your question is more about, do you just add flavor to a 12 mg base. And yes, you can.

meph1

Apr 26, 2018
do not feel bad it has happened to us all trust me when I started here I had confused my self with batteries so bad that I was ready to say screw it and give up. Looks like Twisted gave you a response if it does not help or you have more questions ask if the response you get you still do not understand or is still confusing just say something and we will all try and help as best we can until you get it or feel comfortable

Thank you :) I replied to him, but its awaiting moderator approval, so i might aswell give it a go and ask it here too:

One more question: I see that some places they say 12mg/ml as 1.2%.
So if im correct in my case (50%PG 50%VG it means its actually 49.4%PG and 49.4% VG, with 1.2% Nicotine? So the nicotine content of the whole bottle is 1.2% at all? Or if its 12mg/ml its actually 120mg of nicote? Sorry for the "illuminated" questions, i just want everything to be clear.
And one more thing in addition: are bases well sealed? can i keep it in my room with the cap on?

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I work with 100 mg nic and fumes are not a problem. You should be good there.

There are online calculators, such as steam engine and ejuice me up, that you can plug in your data for an accurate result.

I personally use e liquid calculator.

Storm52

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 27, 2014
    Shreveport, LA
    50/50 12mg/ml nic means the strength is 1.2% in the entire bottle. For DIY, freebase nicotine can be ordered in either pg or vg solutions, depending on your or vendor preference.
    Bases well sealed? Nic base, whether vg or pg solutions, have screw on caps, but not childproof. If you have curious types (young or old) in your room, it is best to keep it, and all diy solutions, out of reach or inaccessible.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread