[NEWBIE] Things i dont understand about liquid base

Status
Not open for further replies.

meph1

Apr 26, 2018
50/50 12mg/ml nic means the strength is 1.2% in the entire bottle. For DIY, freebase nicotine can be ordered in either pg or vg solutions, depending on your or vendor preference.
Bases well sealed? Nic base, whether vg or pg solutions, have screw on caps, but not childproof. If you have curious types (young or old) in your room, it is best to keep it, and all diy solutions, out of reach or inaccessible.

No children, to be honest (its silly i guess) im afraid that someone will get (lethal) poisoning by the fume of it.. :(

TwistedThrottle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Washington
Correctomundo. 12mg/ml is a ratio and another way to state a ratio is %. So for every ml fluid, there is 12mg nic. If 1ml was 100%, 1.2% would be nic. If 100ml was 100%, 1.2% would also be nic. So for every ml there is 12mg nic. See? Interchangeable. Hope this helps clear things up for ya @meph1

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Basically what im asking is, since my base contains pg, vg and nicotine i dont have anything else to deal with, right?
Correct. Your50%PG/50%VG 12mg/mL nicotine "base" would be vapeable right out of the bottle.
Next question is, it says 99.9%. Is it the pureness of the nicotine right? My 10ml liquid with 9ml base(50%PG/50%VG, 12mg) will be 12mg at all?
The 99.9% nic is listed as an ingredient used to make the finished base. They could use any strength/potency to arrive at the final content and it would have the same end result.

What does affect your final mixing results is what you add to that base. In this case; you added 10% flavoring (1mL of flavoring added to 9mL of base). This will dilute the nicotine content by 10%. 90% of 12 equals 10.8 (mg/mL).

It will also alter the final PG/VG ratio a little. If your flavor concentrate is 100% PG (most common(?)) you end up with a new ratio of 55%PG/45%VG.

upload_2018-4-26_16-30-21.png

If i screwed up the measurements can i be in trouble? Say if i dont put enough flavor?
No. As I mentioned above; the concentration of 12mg/mL "base,"is not any different than 12mg/mL "ready-to-vape" e-liquid. That is really what it is after all (PG, VG, nicotine).:)
My base is sealed with a child safety lock system, can anyone in the house get posioned by the fume of it?
Fumes are not a concern at that level for most people (I imagine there are always exceptions). Like any e-liquid product; you want to use caution and keep it away from children, and pets. Be responsible and keep it safely stored.

meph1

Apr 26, 2018
Merged your duplicate threads :)

Thank you and sorry for not looking carefully :(

Correct. Your50%PG/50%VG 12mg/mL nicotine "base" would be vapeable right out of the bottle.

The 99.9% nic is listed as an ingredient used to make the finished base. They could use any strength/potency to arrive at the final content and it would have the same end result.

What does affect your final mixing results is what you add to that base. In this case; you added 10% flavoring (1mL of flavoring added to 9mL of base). This will dilute the nicotine content by 10%. 90% of 12 equals 10.8 (mg/mL).

It will also alter the final PG/VG ratio a little. If your flavor concentrate is 100% PG (most common(?)) you end up with a new ratio of 55%PG/45%VG.

View attachment 738575

No. As I mentioned above; the concentration of 12mg/mL "base,"is not any different than 12mg/mL "ready-to-vape" e-liquid. That is really what it is after all (PG, VG, nicotine).:)

Fumes are not a concern at that level for most people (I imagine there are always exceptions). Like any e-liquid product; you want to use caution and keep it away from children, and pets. Be responsible and keep it safely stored.

Thank you! :) Now im confident enough after all the help you guys gave, thank you all once more! You guys really helped me to understand these stuff clearly. I know its my responsibility to be a safe vaper and you guys really helped me to fulfill this.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
In case it hasn't been mentioned (not sure it has) it's good to keep the nicotine refrigerated if you aren't using it. It will degrade less quickly, although I think with the amount of base you have, that may not be a problem. But if you do wind up continuing mixing and decide you want to continue, any nic you decide to keep on hand in any long term way should be frozen (ideally in a glass container) and the open bottle you are working with you can store in the fridge as you are using it (if you have an option to do that safely). Keeping your base nic away from light and heat will help it degrade less quickly. Even in the freezer, it won't "freeze" although you should bring it to room temp prior to working with it ,as cold causes it to thicken as it were.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread