Not open for further replies.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
I have 4 SmokTech tanks and I really like them. I do not like the SmokTech cartos however. I use Kanger H coils and punch them with a hammer and a trim nail. It is very easy. There is a version called the SmokTech PRO tank that is made of polyPROpylene instead of polycarbon. It is tolerant of juices containing cinnamon and citrus, which will crack the polycarbon.

Oh, forgot to mention, The polycarbon tanks are only $4 and the polypropylene are only $8. I get mine from myvaporstore.com.

I have 5 of those tanks that I got through an ECF coop buy and they do hold up to cinnamon and fruit flavors very well.

I was a heavy smoker and I started with 36 mg juice. I really did require 36 mg in order to get me off the cigs.

Good luck to you, dhomes!

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
I buy all my cartos from Crystal Clear Vaping. They have very good prices, and free shipping which is nice when you just want to buy some cartos. I use the 1.7ohm Ressurector cartos bc right now Im using them on a 3.7V E-Power. They arnt for a VV device though or for higher voltages, bc they are low resistance and are designed for 3.7V PVs like the E-Power, kGo, Riva, etc. So their awesome if you want to use them on a 3.7V PV, but if your looking for cartos for something like a VV device, you def dont want them, or any other Low Resistance cartos.
I like the Ressurectors bc they produce a ton of vapor even though their single coil, and they give a great vape. I like the Boges too, but like the Ressurectors more bc they are XL, so their the same size as a dual coil carto, and hold about 2ml of juice, which is about twice as much as the Boges hold.
CCV also sells the Boges and they have the 2.0ohm and 3.0ohm ones. So if your getting them for your V-tube, you def want to get the 3.0ohms. CCV also just recently started selling the SS Boge XL 3.0ohm cartos too. So their the same as the regular Boges, but are the same size as a dual coil carto, like the Ressurectors are. That also means they will hold quite a bit more juiceas the regular Boges as well. Heres the link to them: Crystal Clear Vaping
Thats for the XL Boges, but you can click the cartomizers link on the left side if your looking for the regular size 3.0ohm Boges.
You can buy single 5-packs, or you can get click on the 15-carto deals, and buy 15 of whichever ones you want. I recommend getting the 15 pack deal bc the price is alittle better than if you bought 3 5-packs seperately, and with the 15-pack you get a free drip tip of your choice. I always buy 15 at a time and its def a good deal. Dont forget to put in "ecf5off" for 5% of the order. With the discount you can get 15 cartos and a free drip tip for $20 shipped, which is a damn good deal.
If your planning on using them in a tank, make sure you get the SS Boges. Also think about if your going to use a regular tank or a dual coil tank, bc if you get a DC tank, the regular size Boges arnt big enough. I have a few of the Smoktech tanks now and I really like them. They are cheap and work great with the Ressurectors on my E-power. Im going to buy a 15-pack of the Boge XL 3.0ohm cartos bc they will fit perfectly in the tanks I already have, and then I can use them once my SS V-tube comes in. CCV also sells the Smoktech tanks as well and they have the 3.5ml tanks and the 6ml tanks. The 6ml polished aluminum tank would def look super nice on a SS V-tube.
Hope this helps!

JmeMcG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2012
Clackamas, Oregon
I'm happy to be reading this thread this morning. I am getting ready to move up to a bigger VV, but was having the same feelings about "what to buy?", just like when I was getting started a couple of months ago. I started with the KGO and am happy with it, just feel like I want more. Deciding on where to start (as I am still a noob... really) in the VV world has been a little overwhelming. For noobs to VV, like me, this looks like a decent way to get started.

I'm sure the ProVari fans would totally disagree, and who knows... maybe I will have one of those one day as well. I have also read *a few* posts from noobs who did start with a ProVari, that were not all that happy for whatever reason. I think they were the ones who started with one right off the bat (first PV ever) and from my perspective, seemed overwhelmed, like it really is "too much" for some to start with right out of the gate. Or possibly the combination of no experience added with a little buyers remorse? I don't know. I myself am still learning everyday.

Anyway, just wanted to say "thanks" to the OP and to those that have answered, as I have learned some good info here for myself. I love this forum!

Sorry to not be able to contribute to your original post, but wanted to also say: Welcome to ECF!

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
I just spoke with one of the guys from Apollo and he confirmed that they will without a doubt have the SS V-tubes no later than 4/15. He also kinda hinted to me that he thinks they will get them even sooner.
Heres that part of our convo:

Dave: We will get them on 4/15. I apologize for the inconveince.

Dave: They have left the factory and are in route to us.

Rob: so theyve already been shipped?

Dave: To us.

Rob: yeah thats what I meant, to you guys

Dave: Not to customers as of yet.

Dave: yes.

Dave: I am waiting to get my hands on one just like yourself. I am so excited to actually hold one.

Rob: ha yeah I know how you feel. They def are sick looking and thats why Im willing to wait for the SS.

Dave: Me too!

Rob: So could you guys possibly get them before the 15th? Did you guys just put the 15th as like an absolute latest date? I just figure if theyve already been shipped, youd prob get them sooner. Does it really take 20+ days for them to get to you?

Dave: I can't quote anything unfortunatly, but, I think you know the answer.

Rob: ha okay thanks

Dave: It has been my pleasure.

Rob: Thanks man I appreciate all your help!

Dave: Your welcome.

Rob: Have a good day!

Dave: You do the same!

Look at the responses from him that I put in Bold. The SS V-tubes have already been shipped and are on their way to Apollo now, so thats why I think they will def have them before the 15th. I think their just saying the 15th as an absolute worst-case scenerio and latest possible date. As you can see, I asked him if they would possibly come in sooner, bc I HIGHLY doubt they are going to take 23 days to get to them, and especially since theyve already been shipped. While he wasnt allowed to give me a straight answer and say yes bc I assume their hands are tied and were told to not tell people that their def going to get them sooner, just incase theres some kind of random holdup, but he def did hint at it and basically say yes by saying, "I can't quote anything unfortunatly, but, I think you know the answer."

So this is def good news, and it seems like theres a good chance we will def get them before the 15th. I know its not a definite bc theres always a chance that something could happen to hold it up, but it def seems likely that Apollo will get them sooner than later.

So hopefully DHolmes we both wont have to wait too long!!

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
still looking for a place to get some 3.0 Boge Cartos. Mom and Pops only have the prepunched ones.

I told you already! CCV has both the regular Boge 3.0ohm cartos in black or SS, and they also now have the Boge SS XL 3.0ohm cartos. Either one would be perfect for the V-tube and allow you to vape at a wide array of voltages

dhomes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
Austin, TX
good to hear!

Now, within the range of analog-looking cigs, which give the best value? I'm still thinking about an ego-c kit for going out but they run for 80 bucks! I just dont want to carry a humongous tube with me out in the open (Good luck I work at home!)

I saw these and since they use regular 510 Cartos, the kit being 30 with 2 batteries I may just try them
BUD 510 E-Cigarrette, Auto Battery - E Cig : Joye eGo & eGo-T | Boge Leo | Cartomizers | E-Liquid | Electronic Cigarettes | eGo Tank

Any experience on these?

MrWarspite

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
North Carolina
Hi all, wish I could post this on the Mod sections / Lavatubes but I'm new to ECF

I'm going to upgrade from an ego-t to a VV. After debating about going all the way to a provari v2 or buzz pro II i think I'd rather buy a LavaTube + an Ego-C (the tube-type VV seem too large for me to go out with them, the ego-t was an OK device)

I do have a few questions for the more experienced users,

Are all Lavatubes the same? (Apollo vtube, Volcano LavaTube, VapingZone VV Mod). I'm leaning towards the Apollo Vtube SS but dont know if it's a good seller, are they?

For the vtube, which is a good tank to recommend? I saw a vid review for the VV Mod on tasteyourjuice that says they won't fire a SmokTech tank. I was attracted to the Mom & Pop ones as they are quite inexpensive.

if any of you could provide some guidance that would be greatly appreciated

Regards
david

In my limited experience with tanks on a "lavatube" you will need a shorty 510 extension like this one
V2 510 Shorty Extension

Some people say you can lift the center pin but i have no idea how to do that so i just use the shorty extension and it works great with tanks.

I love mine. Some juices respond better at different voltages and i love being able to dial it in perfectly.

As others have said, dont mess with low resistance dual coils on these things, 2 ohm and up is the best place to be. Otherwise the protection circuit in the lavatube will tune down the voltages.

The easy math is take the ohm rating times the amperage of the tube.

2.5 is the max amp on the lavatube so
2.5 x 1.5 ohm = 3.75v
so even if you set your lavatube to 5v on a 1.5 ohm cartomizer/atomizer, your only gonna get 3.75.

2.5 x 2 ohm = 5v
most of the juices ive tried taste best in the 3.7 - 4.4 range so 2 ohm is perfect.

Cloud Wizard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2012
Somewhere in PA on my Ultra Limited
I used one of those adapters at first, but didn't like the way it looked. To lower the pin, I just use a round tooth pick (stuck in the center hole a little) and wiggle it gently while pulling down. If you have a blown carto, just play with it risk free. Once you get it, it always works.

dhomes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
Austin, TX
Thanks!

@salemgold and/or @brandonparris....

for the Pro DCTank Tube (about to get one), dont I have to use XL size cartos? confused a bit about sizes.

What I get so far is that Dual Coil Tanks are larger and the regular Boge or Kanger H Coil won't do, right?

the 6 ML DCT Tank Pro is 1.77" but how does DCTank relate to the carto's diameter / tank opening?

brandondparris

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2011
Alabama
Thanks!

@salemgold and/or @brandonparris....

for the Pro DCTank Tube (about to get one), dont I have to use XL size cartos? confused a bit about sizes.

What I get so far is that Dual Coil Tanks are larger and the regular Boge or Kanger H Coil won't do, right?

the 6 ML DCT Tank Pro is 1.77" but how does DCTank relate to the carto's diameter / tank opening?

I use Kanger H coil XL with my DCT. I get them from myvaporstore.com for about $7/5 pack and just punch them myself. They are actually a little longer than the tank, but I like it because my lips aren't right up against the tank's end cap. Here is a pic of the black polycarbon DCT 6 mL on one of my SS eGo 650 and the chrome poypropylene DCT 3.5 mL on my wife's pink 650 eGo, both with Kanger H coil XLs. The diameter should fit any standard 510 carto diameter, just not clearos, as the plastic is fatter than the steel (for strength purposes.)

EDIT: I should add I have NEVER had a leak with any of these tanks!
IMG963.jpg

Last edited:

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
good to hear!

Now, within the range of analog-looking cigs, which give the best value? I'm still thinking about an ego-c kit for going out but they run for 80 bucks! I just dont want to carry a humongous tube with me out in the open (Good luck I work at home!)

I saw these and since they use regular 510 Cartos, the kit being 30 with 2 batteries I may just try them
BUD 510 E-Cigarrette, Auto Battery - E Cig : Joye eGo & eGo-T | Boge Leo | Cartomizers | E-Liquid | Electronic Cigarettes | eGo Tank

Any experience on these?

David, These 510 Auto battery e-cigs are a giant step backwards.
Don't do it.

The kGo and e-Power take standard cartos.
If you want something smaller than the LT to go out with, you can pick up a kGo or e-Power for about $45.
They're about the same size as the eGo, about the size of a small cigar.
The e-Power takes separate batteries, so it costs less to operate in the long run.
Both are excellent alternatives to the eGo C or T.
They'll use your standard cartomizers or tanks and don't need any specially made cartomizers or atomizers.
Both come with 2 batteries.
Sweet-Vapes.com, Hoosier Vaping and Dark City Vaping seem to have the best deals on them.
Sorry, I don't have the links for Hoosier or Dark City offhand, but you can easily google them or check the vendor list here.

Last edited:

dhomes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
Austin, TX
well,, been researching a bit and the SmokTech tank may not be for me. I want a tank were I can try both Kangers and Boge. Since Crystal Clear are so cheap for the regular size cartos ($20 / 15 cartos) I'll just drop the money on a M1A1 (unless anyone can differ). I like the bolt on it too for easier refilling.

I was also looking at the JTank but the regular ones are out of stock (and I'm not willing to pay $40 for the brush aluminum thing)

Any opinion on the best tank for regular sized Boges?

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
The Mom & Pop Mini Sub takes a regular sized Boge. The larger one might too, but I'm not sure.

Good move to skip the SmokTech DCT. It's cheap, but it's that's it's main advantage.

You still might want to look at the Vision Stone 3 tanks. You can replace the guts on them easily for about $2.50 and they last longer than any cartomizer I ever had. I just got a new one today and it's better than the VS 2. No leaks and super clean taste because theres' no filled cartomizer in it. It's really great looking on the LT too. Fits it like it was made for it. Check them out at Gotvapes.com They're about $13.

I think this will be my tank from now on. No mess, no cartos, no leaks and no filler. And no messing around enlarging holes in cartos so they don't dry out. Perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread