Newbs-are you feeling like kid in candy store too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

baseballmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2013
SE PA
sincemylastcigarette.com
Ok all the websites, all the batteries, all the clearos, all the juice flavors-I am feeling like a kid in a candy store lately! Or you know how it was being a kid before Christmas writing out a "wish list"??? Like that! Most people know since i'm always talking about it, I am planning on going to a b&m store to see stuff in person, and lately I Have had to exercise EXTREME self control on-line because the stuff I desire is right there and at good prices-dangling like a carrot right under my nose, and I keep searching and looking too! How many other newbies are feeling like this? Once I get things established and get my desired up grade, I am hoping this extreme newb euphoria passes somewhat....restraint, restraint restraint is my motto at least til the paycheck comes in.

Notorious2again

Moved On
Aug 1, 2013
Austin, TX
In the last 10 days I've - bought my first big boy device (iTaste MVP, entry level still, I know...), made 3 trips to my local B&M, bought about 25 juices through a total of 4 different vendors, placed two orders with discountvapors, and spent a whopping total of about $250. My wife is ......, but... I quit smoking! I haven't had a cigarette since Sunday night, and those savings are already offsetting the costs of vape gear.

iamcaleb

Jul 11, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
I began vaping a few weeks ago, and now how you feel. I bought a few juices and a Joy 510 to start off with.

Now I have iTaste MVP bought from FastTech and a ProTank2. I also have a few orders from FastTech that haven't arrived with various drip tips and a couple atomizers.

I've really gone Juice Crazy wanting to taste from many vendors.

So far I have bought....
Mt Baker Vapor:
10ml of Butterscotch, Cinnamon Roll, Get Razzled, Jungle Juice, Monster,Raspberry Lemonade,
Shenanigans, 20ml of White Out & Johnny Chimpo

Plume Room:
1x Buttery Cinnamon Sweetroll - 5ml in PET Dripper Bottle / 24 mg/ml for $3.99 each
1x Blueberries and Fresh Cream Artisan - 5ml in PET Dripper Bottle / 24 mg/ml for $3.99 each
1x Burley & Candy House Extracted Tobacco - 5ml in PET Dripper Bottle / 24 mg/ml / 85 VG/15 PG for $3.99 each
1x Banana Mint Milkshake - 5ml in PET Dripper Bottle / 24 mg/ml / 60 VG/ 40 PG for $3.99 each
1x Arctic Cowboy Artisan eLiquid - 5ml in PET Dripper Bottle / 24 mg/ml / 70 VG/30 PG for $3.99 each

2nd Order
1x Honey-Fig House Extracted Tobacco - 30ml in PET Dripper Bottle / 24 mg/ml / 50 VG/50 PG for $16.99 each
1x Blueberries and Fresh Cream Artisan - 30ml in PET Dripper Bottle / 24 mg/ml for $16.99 each
1x Candied Cavendish - 30ml in PET Dripper Bottle / 24 mg/ml / 70 VG/30 PG for $16.99 each
1x Burley & Candy House Extracted Tobacco - 30ml in PET Dripper Bottle / 24 mg/ml / 85 VG/15 PG for $16.99 each

Ahlusion:
30ML Orange Creamsicle, Smooth Criminal, Mango Lassi. Loved Smooth Criminal after 1 week steep and bought another 60ML bottle.

I have orders on the way from...
Alien Visions E-Juice:
Boba's Bounty

Backwood's Brew:
Caramel Cappuccino, Virginia Tobacco, Applewood, Conundrum, Malty Toffee, Casablanca Blend

Halo:
Variety Pack

Alice in Vapeland:
A little bit of Everything - A delectable sample of Everything, Includes a 3ml bottle of each of the 16 flavors of Juices

AaronCormier

Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
United States
I think it's something we all have to go through (that initial investment, however big or small, and whether it is actually just an initial investment or a continued expense) in order to find Our own setup and taste in the vapor world. I'm finally getting settled in, 3 months into vaping, and about $700 in the hole, loving my Provari Mini and my Ikenvape 801 Mega Fusion 3.0 Carto's. But all is well, it's been 2 weeks since my last analog, and the future is looking a little bit brighter

Kblair1701

Aug 7, 2013
Birmingham, al
Started out with a standard eGo CE4 kit (2 900mah batteries and 2 CE4s and 2 extra atomizers). Used that for a couple of weeks then bought an "eGo-ABC" kit (which is a knockoff, not Joyetech) that has 1300mah batteries and a larger "ABC" tank (kind of like an EVOD). Then I bought an EVOD, then a Protank, then some more batteries. Then some battery chargers. of course a bottle of juice at every store. In the past month I've been to no less than 7 B&M stores in 4 cities over 3 states!

Hello, my name is KBlair and I'm an addict!

release the kraken

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Stalking the Mailman
I started vaping part time a few months ago. Then put the smokes down and went full time last week after dropping $400 at wizardlabs.us on nic, pg, vg and 50 flavors, healthcabin.net on 40 flavors and hardware, and fasstech for a bit more hardware. But at the end of the day, I have enough to make 250 10 ml 18mg juice (even more if I dilute down the road), 10 ego-c 650 batteries with 5 spare chargers (these are just easy to use and so portable which is what I need), 40 evod tanks in various colors (that way I can have tons of flavors going at once and plenty to have for rotation when washing and drying), 100 atty heads for evod/protank (plenty to give away to friends and a life time supply for myself with rebuilding), 31 feet of 3mm silica, 100 feet of 32 gage coil, a few ego-c type a cones attys and cartridges and an innokin SVD with 18650 batteries and a charger. I did also buy some return mailing labels to use as labels for my bottles at vistaprints and a few other random items from amazon for labeling, tools and organizing trays totaling another $30.

So while my wife was also miffed, I will no longer stink like smoke, over two years we will save about 2 thousand dollars, and its gives me a hobby to help me stop smoking. SO at $430 to stop smoking, that's a steal in its own right.

Wow, I thought I was the only one. I started with a start up kit from eGo and only after 2 1/2 months of vaping I jumped the gun and collected 3 new ProVaris. I found myself a new hobby and its getting pretty expensive. I need to control myself.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 19

Ryan555

Jul 31, 2013
Kansas City, MO
I think I've done pretty well for myself so far. I started with and still only use a twist, t3, and have gone through 3 bottles of juice. Heading out tonight to get another bottle, but, have had to stay with what I have equipment wise due to being strapped for cash with the son's birthday just passed and the daughter's coming up in a coupe of weeks. They get all the toys right now. But, that doesn't mean I haven't been looking and reading about what to get next. But, I am one of those that when I takeup something new, I get obsessed. Golf - at one point I had 3 different full playable bags in my house. Down to two right now. Cycling - I have my new road bike, but the household actually has somehting like 8 bikes in it right now, soon to be 9. I always tend to go overboard until I find what I like, then I stick with it. I've been reading reviews on everything just waiting for the "All clear" from the wife to get started on my journey to the next best thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread