Newest Or Best Version Of Kayfun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
Are you looking for an authentic German $110 kayfun Lite, or a $22 - $40 Chinese clone?

Well, the very latest version of the Kayfun Lite is the "Plus". And now that has been changed to the "Plus Version 2".

The version 2 (just released) changes the drip tip ... SvoeMesto drip tip with a new design from 25/01/2014

Might change something else too, but I don't know for sure.

Last edited:

cantstopwontstop

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2013
cary,nc,usa
I have an Hcigar kayfun 3.1 that works very well, so well I just got a second one (polished finish) as well as 2 Ehpro Kayfun lite + clones, which work well also, except one whistles a little. But my favorite is the Russian 91%, which if you can afford I'd recommend If not either the Hcigar or Ehpro clones work well.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
The Russian over the Kayfun? Seems like the popular vote was the other way, no?

So, Kayfun lite v2? Until next week when the v3 comes out at least lol

Correct, but my point was that it comes down to personal preferences for the final determination. I'm very happy with my funalike with it's 1.2 mm draw, but another would be reaching for the drill or trying something else lol.

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
Several have mentioned this site. Kayfun Lite plus - InTaste

I've never ordered from them so you might want to check it out a little more.

German company ... That's were I ordered my Kayfun Lite Plus (ver 2)

Click the British flag on the upper right of the page to view in English.

It will cost you $110 to your door here in the US ... You can use Paypal

Nibiru2012

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
The Oort Cloud
Some people may jump on my post... but I will state that I use the HCigar Kayfun 3.1 clone and it vapes like a champ.

I personally don't see the logic or sense in spending over $100 for an RBA when I got my clone for $39 or so. The quality of the build is spot on. No issues at all and the threading is very smooth and clean.

I don't possess the discretionary income to waste on the originals to be honest. As long as the clones are made well and the machining is spot on then for me there's no question of which one to purchase.

Basically I am able to purchase 3 HCigar Kayfun 3.1 clones for the price of a single genuine Kayfun. For me this is a no brainer.

petemoss

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
Queens, NY
I have four Kayfuns and another Russian 91 in the mail. They all work great whether original or clone. If you're looking for the biggest bang for the buck, any recent clone is well worth buying IMO. But if you're want the best as far as quality and features, go for an original. My choice would be a Russian 91 even over the new KFL+ v2. The R91 has nearly all the desirable features: air adj screw on the outside (so you don't need to unscrew to adjust from the bottom), and a compound center pin you can adjust to mount flush. The only thing the R91 lacks is a recessed fill port w/ o ring.

Back in the day there was a difference between the Kayfun Lite and the Kayfun 3.1, the 3.1 had adjustable airflow whereas the Lite did not. Then the Russian & Russian 91% came out (clones of the Kayfun) which incorporated airflow into both and an adjustable bottom connector screw. SvoëMesto then came out with the KFL+ which incorporated airflow control and a recessed bottom fill port with an o-ring on the screw. The KFL+ v2 has a redesigned top cap and tip. Basically the only difference between a full size 3.1 and a Lite is the physical size, both hold the same amount of juice.

I prefer the KFL+ (v1 or v2) followed closely by the Russian 91% (the bottom adjustment connection is a little loose for my liking which is what makes the KFL+ top in my opinion). I've had zero issues with leaking, gurgling (unless I intentionally flood it) and always use the bottom fill port.

I ordered my KFL+ v2 from Intaste.de (make sure to hit the British flag in the corner for translation). I ordered it on a Sunday and it was delivered that Wednesday. Germany to Ohio in 3 days. Plus it came with a bag of spare parts and a micro screwdriver. Not sure if the extras are a new thing with the v2 or just something Intaste does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread