Status
Not open for further replies.

SkvLTD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2013
MD
skvoraltdphoto.com
Used an old mesh to re-roll and re-wick to get the the channels filled just right. Still waiting for some fresh 400 to try and get the perfect one going, although this seems to work for now. Finding that twisting it through the coil and then un-twisting as best as possible yields pretty decent results. Flow is good, but it did gurgle a bit on my 2nd fill.

Perhaps filling it slowly and sideways with air blocked might do the trick.

folkphys

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Chapel Hill, NC
WARNING: I pretty much destroyed my V3 getting its base apart. It seems that Yiloong decided to glue the deck threads on this version (or at least the batch from which mine came). But I was pleasantly surprised to find that they had fixed the V2's shorting issue. The airflow is certainly more open in the V3 than the V2, but I was fine with how the V2 breathed -- when everything was lined up and unobstructed, of course.

folkphys

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Chapel Hill, NC
Here's what they did on the V3:
photo.jpg
photo2.jpg

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 86
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 81
  • photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 101

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
The best my Fogger V2.5 has been, as far as wicking, has been a microcoil with cotton and then I fill the base with cotton around the airhole/coil and that proved to be the most trouble free experience. No leaking, no gurgling, no dry hits -- just pure flavor and denser vapor.

Even though it is a PITA to build, the Fogger V2.5 does perform exceptionally well. Wish I would have picked up a few more of them at that price from Venerable Vaping. Thinking about grabbing some v3s from Focalecig in the near future.

zandersig

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
I went ahead and bit the bullet! I bought a real Kayfun Lite Plus 2nd Edition from vaperev and man it's awesome! Build quality is sooooo much better (1000x) than the clone I bought from eBay! I can't wait till I get a chance to slap a micro coil on it and give it a try! There is just no comparison to the clone that I bought. Plus it was only 90 bucks. I think I will stay with original made stuff and leave these clones alone.

Someone asked about screws? There is a place here in Marietta,GA called threads of the south. They have every screw you can imagine. You might have a place like that in your state or you might be able to order from them?

SkvLTD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2013
MD
skvoraltdphoto.com
Rebuilt my V2 as well last night and it finally really shines! Did whatever drill bit fits snug into the channels, then 1.7 ohm 30g nichrome around that, and a fresh piece of mesh of equally perfect diameter to go right through. No silicone ring for the chimney. So far, no leaks, no shotty taste, and burns extremely consistently after I kinked out all the hot spots. Took it apart between couple fills to visually make sure everything was perfect and it, for once, was.

I did order a R91% clone just to see how I'd like that setup, but it'll definitely be nice to own 2 different units to mess with and have as backup.

BobC

Reformed Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Downtown Charleston, SC
I was vaping the Fogger while walking a month ago, and tripped and broke the glass, so I had to put it away till I got replacement glass.
Since putting it away, I've been using my Russians including the new V2 I just received, Taifuns, Kayfuns and Aqua. All good, but this morning, after receiving the replacement glass, I resurrected the Fogger, still one of the best vapes I own.

SkvLTD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2013
MD
skvoraltdphoto.com
I was vaping the Fogger while walking a month ago, and tripped and broke the glass, so I had to put it away till I got replacement glass.
Since putting it away, I've been using my Russians including the new V2 I just received, Taifuns, Kayfuns and Aqua. All good, but this morning, after receiving the replacement glass, I resurrected the Fogger, still one of the best vapes I own.

Well now that I got my first R91 and set it up as identical as possible to my Fogger, R91 is yet to give me ANY grief after a few refills aside from the whistling sound that I'll drill out once I get tired of it. Fogger can be a bit more airy, but the few times it started to leak when I was outside and could not really pull it apart and try to remedy really left sour taste in reliability. I think I dialed it in perfectly, but now I have a better atty for my style, so gonna wait and see if it'll become my backup or would still get some use.

What Fogger really did was teach me what no other platform could due to its difficulty and that I find invaluable.

Shofixti

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Pearl of the Orient
Was deciding between a Fogger V3 and a Kayfun clone over the weekend. Went with the fogger. Washed away the machine oil and removed the stock ss mesh build. Confidently made my first build of microcoil with cotton. Fogger ...... all over me. May have not used enough cotton. Went on youtube. Followed the Pooh build. Vaping heaven.

This is, with all honesty, the best atomizer I have ever tried. I have no complaints...nada.

Now I'm afraid of having to replace my build. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread