Status
Not open for further replies.

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
These come setup usually already w/32g 4 wraps on 325 wick usually. Are you using this setup or did you get it used?

Also, if you got it used, hopefully no one drilled your air hole bigger. It potentially can ruin the NGP since it is a center wick with a fairly large atomizer chamber.

Last edited:

Aron Gatt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2012
Malta
Insure the airhole is aligned to in between the posts. Make sure your posts are snug (not over tight). How many wraps of coil do you have? Fire it without the top on? Is it producing good vapor? Finally, if you have a multimeter, you can check resistance on the coil.

I have a 3 /4 wrap and yes it's aligned , screws are snug .. I have a multi meter I will chech and tell you

Aron Gatt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2012
Malta
These come setup usually already w/32g 4 wraps on 325 wick usually. Are you using this setup or did you get it used?

Also, if you got it used, hopefully no one drilled your air hole bigger. It potentially can ruin the NGP since it is a center wick with a fairly large atomizer chamber.

No I got it new from Peter ...

Aron Gatt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2012
Malta

1.8 ohms I am getting

Aron Gatt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2012
Malta
I use a different Genesis atty and when I change out my wick and coil it takes a bit for the fresh one to break in and taste right.

I usually run fewer wraps of wire, but that's just my personal choice.

I think it will break in for you shortly.

The taste is ok .... But the vaper is very cool ...! You think I should increase the coils or decrease them?

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
What VG/PG ratio are you vaping? Try to tilt it some with the cap off and look for it to wick. Both of mine came from Péter setup already and worked pretty good out of the box. 1.8Ω usually is pretty good with a fresh battery. Some like 1.3-1.5Ω. You could try one less wrap of wire on your coil. Or you could make a thinner wick, and another 4 coil... Please use IMR batteries if running that low of a resistance coil. You just have to play with its setup until you find what works for the liquid you use and your vape style. The NGP can vape with the best of them and make very nice warm tasty vapor :)

Also, another thought. Check your battery in a no load and then under load at the top post. Switch your multimeter over to volts DC (use 20vdc scale on a DMM), positive - neg with no load, and then do it in the PV measuring from positive pole to ground under load. What's your battery voltages read? Are terminals clean on batt?

Aron Gatt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2012
Malta
What VG/PG ratio are you vaping? Try to tilt it some with the cap off and look for it to wick. Both of mine came from Péter setup already and worked pretty good out of the box. 1.8Ω usually is pretty good with a fresh battery. Some like 1.3-1.5Ω. You could try one less wrap of wire on your coil. Or you could make a thinner wick, and another 4 coil... Please use IMR batteries if running that low of a resistance coil. You just have to play with its setup until you find what works for the liquid you use and your vape style. The NGP can vape with the best of them and make very nice warm tasty vapor :)

Also, another thought. Check your battery in a no load and then under load at the top post. Switch your multimeter over to volts DC (use 20vdc scale on a DMM), positive - neg with no load, and then do it in the PV measuring from positive pole to ground under load. What's your battery voltages read? Are terminals clean on batt?

I will thanks

WNCmotard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Western NC
You've probably tried this, but you can drip some juice from the top of the wick down through the hole, that seemed to help my new wick get good and soaked and start wicking on it's own. Also, on my iHybrid (my first genesis and wick / coil build ever) it won't wick very long in the vertical position (my wick no doubt) but at around 2 o'clock, it works like a champ.

Aron Gatt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2012
Malta
You've probably tried this, but you can drip some juice from the top of the wick down through the hole, that seemed to help my new wick get good and soaked and start wicking on it's own. Also, on my iHybrid (my first genesis and wick / coil build ever) it won't wick very long in the vertical position (my wick no doubt) but at around 2 o'clock, it works like a champ.

Yes I did do that...I changed the coil now ... A bit better but for me still lacks a bit.... I missing hot vaper and throat hit ... It's just not doing it for me

Aron Gatt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2012
Malta

Well my battery off the charge reads 3.9 ...and my coil now cos I changed it twice ..I made one 1.4 it just burned my juice...and now I'm on 2.1 ohms which I get good taste a bit of throat hit and still cool vaper.... Can't get it right ...tomorrow I will try a new mesh ...to see what's happening ...it's a good mesh it has but who knows ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread