Status
Not open for further replies.

eastman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2011
richmond, va
I had some troubles getting mine to work in my Ggts. It took a while but I finally got it. It doesn't just drop in. It is a tight fit an it has to be in there right. Honestly I don't know what I did to get them to work or why it didn't the first 30 min with my 18490 batts.

Also my digital voltage display will not work on top to see how many volts I'm at.

NebulaBrot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2010
in the NEBULA
digital disply MUST have an atty/carto attached or you will get no reading - Kick ONLY functions witht he Ωs for load. If you have an atty/carto attached, the digital meter may have wiring the kick detects as a short and won't fire. Those meters are hand assembled quickly and not always carefully. I have three of them and only 2 work with kicks. the one that doesn't work with kick still works on unregulated devices w/o short circuit detection/activation-prevention.

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
NEB beat me..
I had some troubles getting mine to work in my Ggts. It took a while but I finally got it. It doesn't just drop in. It is a tight fit an it has to be in there right. Honestly I don't know what I did to get them to work or why it didn't the first 30 min with my 18490 batts.

Also my digital voltage display will not work on top to see how many volts I'm at.

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
Update on my issue:

It's working fine, now :)

I switched over to my UFS today and it's working very well with those same batteries that were giving me trouble yesterday. I think my weak link in that equation must have been my Ody or normal connector. I'll have to investigate that further at a later date, right now I'm enjoying my current setup too much :p

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
Hey KJ,
Good to hear...I have found that mine started cycling today a little like it does when the battery is dying and it seemed a little premature? So I charged the battery and put it back in my Xhaler and it did the same thing. I took a towel and wiped out the tube and was able to remove some black residue on the inside of the tube where the Kick's spring makes contact. This eliminated the problem and Im running good now.
There was nothing that I could see on the tube until I wiped it, and then I was able to see it on the towel. I think there may be a miniscule ark that creates a build up of carbon (or whatever) that may impede the flow or sensing mechanism on the Kick...Granted I have been using this in here for weeks and its the first time I have noticed, but you never know. You might want to give it a shot on your device. Sorry I didnt answer sooner. Thanks
Drew

Last edited:

jkoppk

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2011
hanover,PA.
.I have found that mine started cycling today a little like it does when the battery is dying and it seemed a little premature? So I charged the battery and put it back in my Xhaler and it did the same thing. I took a towel and wiped out the tube and was able to remove some black residue on the inside of the tube where the Kick's spring makes contact. This eliminated the problem and Im running good now.

I had the same issue with my SS GGTS when I was using my Kick when I first got it.My AW IMR18650's were fully charged and all it would do is give me a stutter type of vape.Everything looked clean and I thought I got a bad one and was ready to flip out or cry LOL.Out of desperation I took the top tube of my GG and polished up the inside with fine Crocus paper until it was like a mirror and not a issue after that.The protection circuit in this thing must be really sensitive.I really think this is the best $45 I have ever spent on vaping stuff and i'm really impressed with the Kick.I was worried that a max power of 10 watts was not going to be enough but I find myself using it below the max most of the time.It just seems like it has more power than 10 watts,must be the consistency of the vape causing this I guess.All I know is I love it and if they ever come out with a higher power version 2 I will be jumping on that on too.Thanks for the awesome product Drew.See Ya.

robinhall1000

Oct 1, 2009
I'm using my kick in a bogger box mod with a ikenvape 510 2.5 ohm Attie set 20120302_040127.jpg at 8 watts and I'm getting about 5 hours out of it. I used a twistie tie for the ground wire for now LOL.

Panky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2011
Miami
Good Lord :ohmy: Tossed this thing in my P+ 18650 with a fully charged brand new 18500 battery and it drained the batter in just a few hours of use and it wasn't even chain vaping :confused: It might have been something else but I will try out this second freshly charged one that I have and see what happens... Using a 3.5 ohm 510 atty and it's set around 9-10 watts. It's not hitting nearly as hard as my Darwin even when it is set on 10 watts and I have the Darwin at 9.5 :ohmy:

Last edited:

Keeno

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2011
Indiana
Good Lord :ohmy: Tossed this thing in my P+ 18650 with a fully charged brand new 18500 battery and it drained the batter in just a few hours of use and it wasn't even chain vaping :confused: It might have been something else but I will try out this second freshly charged one that I have and see what happens... Using a 3.5 ohm 510 atty and it's set around 9-10 watts.

That's the issue (battery life) that owners/potential owners want to overlook....battery life couldn't amount to much so I suppose the solution would be to carry a bunch of batteries or buy the Darwin for exceptional battery life. I'd buy the Darwin. Hope your results improve though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread