siouxsie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Minnesota
I vaped 1.3 ohm on my iAtty at 3.7 10.5 watts
2 ohm carto on my RSM at 4.8 11.52 watts
I use my GGTS now with 2 3.2 AW Lifepo4 and 1.5 ohm DC cartos which the jury is still out on what exactly I am vaping but it is warmer then the 2 ohm carto at 4.8
And I vape 4.7-4.8 on my DC cartoson my RSM same as above.

Granted this is only personal preference and I will probably pick one up if it is reasonably priced to try it either way but I am hoping it will do 12-13 or at least 11 watts.
Wow guys, I would have burned holes in my throat and mouth within a couple hours depending on the juice...that is some hot vapor!

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
When you're calculating your wattage don't forget to account for voltage drop under load.

On the GGTS I havn't taken load voltage and that is why I didn't give watts for my DC cartos. However as I understand it my RSM shows load voltage when a carto is plugged in.

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
I use GGTS w/ Iatty and Bulli A-2 both @ 6V. Coils are made 2.2 - 3.0 depending on juice I'm going to use. Most coils are made @ 2.6. Would like to get away from stacking batts and just use a 3.7 with the Kick, so if it would go to 12 watts I could live with that. After all - its all about the watts.

Last edited by a moderator:

misterD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2009
worster - crappychusetts
On the GGTS I havn't taken load voltage and that is why I didn't give watts for my DC cartos. However as I understand it my RSM shows load voltage when a carto is plugged in.
can you please check and see whats the loaded voltage with this combo?
DC 1.5oHms, 2 AW 3.2V, Cutlass RSM.
Bruce did the test and got about 4.8V under loaded with a DC atty 1.5 but I have no clue how fresh were the batts or which brand.

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
I vaped 1.3 ohm on my iAtty at 3.7 10.5 watts
2 ohm carto on my RSM at 4.8 11.52 watts
I use my GGTS now with 2 3.2 AW Lifepo4 and 1.5 ohm DC cartos which the jury is still out on what exactly I am vaping but it is warmer then the 2 ohm carto at 4.8
And I vape 4.7-4.8 on my DC cartoson my RSM same as above.

Granted this is only personal prefrence and I will probably pick one up if it is reasonably priced to try it either way but I am hoping it will do 12-13 or at least 11 watts.
The key here is that you wont need to calcualte the voltage drop because there is none with The Darwin or The Kick...It regualtes the power so it compensates for Voltage Drop and maintains the watts...Funny I vaped the same combo (1.5 DC carto with 2 LiFePos GGTS with UFS) and that baby was HUMMING!!! I just dont think the power calculations are completely accurate because of the max amps (capabilities) of the LiFePos and the voltage drop under load....I am getting the adpter tommorow or Wed. to connect the UFS to the Darwin and should be able to make some more accurate figures (I hope) and post more info here...
Be confident that if the Beta Testers information points towards higher watts , Evolv will take that into consideration and make apropriate adjustments. YOUR opinion will also be considered and dually noted....Thank you.

I use GGTS w/ Iatty and Bulli A-2 both @ 6V. Coils are made 2.2 - 3.0 depending on juice I'm going to use. Most coils are made @ 2.6. Would like to get away from stacking batts and just use a 3.7 with the Kick, so if it would go to 12 watts I could live with that. After all - its all about the watts.

This is one of perfect combos for The Kick to shine. You can adjust your attys wrap and make it really sing for maximum battery life.

Santa is watching and he is making a list and checking it twice!!!!!

Last edited:

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
can you please check and see whats the loaded voltage with this combo?
DC 1.5oHms, 2 AW 3.2V, Cutlass RSM.
Bruce did the test and got about 4.8V under loaded with a DC atty 1.5 but I have no clue how fresh were the batts or which brand.

Ok so I threw my AW Lifepo4s into the RSM put it on direct voltage mode without DC carto voltage meter read 6.6v fresh out of the charger. With carto screwed in it read 5.2. Checked OHM on the carto and it is at 1.7 ohms

Hello Drew I'm a very good pal of HappyJacks I'm his Darwin guy lol ! Plus a big Precise guy I own a Darwin of course and a P16340 Precise a P+18500 and a P18 plus a few other toys I'd love to test one up here in the north for you ,happyJack and Super Dave at supperT manufacturing! So I'm begging if you needed talk to Jack about bmb or Bob he will know me I helped him this summer when he moved in to his. Ew warehouse! Plus I think you know what I mean about his Darwin guy? And Drew I'd be so happy to check on out so if you wanted to talk to HappyJack and SupperDave! Thanks Drew for all you do for us vapers! And just think a Precise with a Darwin in side That will be great! Hope to hear from you! They both have my email add

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
Hi Bob,
I am aware of who you are and Unfortunately/fortunately I am not part of the selection process for the beta program. I am however one of the beta testers . The process is actually pretty intense in the sense that each tester is given a complete set of questions they have to submit back to Evolv... I will see if I can put a word in though. Thanks,
Drew

ab357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Chgo., IL.
I would be lying if I said I knew for sure....Im not a patient man...I think I may be on auto ignore with EVolv on this subject...lol...I will post any and all information as I recieve it here though...Sorry I couldnt be more informative....Thanks
Drew

Brandon has some splaining to do. I was sworn to secrecy and haven't received my unit yet.:evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread