hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Ok, I found a calculator online that says in a perfect world with enough battery power behind it that the dual coils could pull 24 watts total. That is with a load voltage and amperage of 6v and 4amps. I am pretty sure we're not pulling 4 amps out of these tenergy batteries and most likely the load voltage is under six.

fright88

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 21, 2011
    Loveland CO
    Ok, I found a calculator online that says in a perfect world with enough battery power behind it that the dual coils could pull 24 watts total. That is with a load voltage and amperage of 6v and 4amps. I am pretty sure we're not pulling 4 amps out of these tenergy batteries and most likely the load voltage is under six.

Hmm maybe we can can get someone with a Darwin and a GGTS to do a little test for us. Someone with a pair of 3v batterys. (or another mod that will hold 2 3v)

Set the darwin to around 12w and set the GGTS up with the 2 6v and take back to back hits. I have a feeling it will be similar. I know when I was messing around with my iAtty 12w from it was very similar to these dc's at 6v.

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
    Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey
    www.nhaler.com
    I think if you do the same calculations with 2, 3 ohm resitors in parallel you will see more acurate (but still not right) dividends.

Vapian

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 16, 2011
    Lexington, KY
    This would give me an excellent reason to pick up a purty tube mod...

kickme.jpg

:)

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Well that's what I put into the calculator was two 3ohm resistors and it said it would drop 2 amps across each one in parallel with a 6v supply. It said there was 12 watts applied to each resistor. Here's a link. See what you think. The calculator is at the bottom of the page.

Series vs Parallel Electrical Connections

However, I don't think the 3v tenergy batteries will deliver that much power. I don't know that for sure but would think that the batteries are limiting the output watts.

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
    Mar 14, 2009
    New Jersey
    www.nhaler.com
    I agree....I actually did the same calculations raw and cant see 4 amps being out out by those batts...Im gonna call Brandon when hes in front of his computer and see what we can figure out...I will report back later... However, The final thought is that you would use one of my 2.0 or 2.5 Ohm dual coil cartos to REALLY make them sing witth the kick and prolong battery life, but NOT with 6 volts ....Just a 3.7 volt battery.
    Drew

hifistud

ECF Veteran
    Jul 25, 2009
    Sunderland, UK
    The maths on all of this looks fine, until you factor i the drain ability of the batteries. 16340s are likely to be be 2C batteries, which means if they're rated at 800mAH (and what it says on the label is no necessarily true) then 1.6 amps is the best a stacked pair will put out at their stated voltage - anything above that will show a voltage drop. At 4 amps, the voltage could be as much as 30% down on nominal - and the experience is likely to bear that out.
    24 watts of heat going into an atomiser - no matter how many coils - would result in blisteringly hot vapour. But, 10C batteries would do the job ( that is, effectively, batteries capable of discharging to lowest safe voltage in six minutes without overheating or showing a fault - properly high drain)

I'm running a 2.6 ohm Dual Coil atty in my GGTS/UFS with the Kick set at 9.5 watts (ish) and it's delivering like a steam loco on full thrutch. That likely means it's a little cool for some tastes, but it's thick, chewy and delicious!!

Last edited:

cuseguy

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 15, 2010
    Texas USA
    I am hoping too! :)

I personally don't think the Production unit will go beyond 10W. The Darwin can hit 12.7W, but it is starting out with a 7V+ power source. The Kick is boosting a much smaller 3.7V power source. I am certainly no electronic genius but that tells me that 10w is about right. With that said, In basic, old vaping terms, I am basically a "5V" vaper, yet I hardly ever feel the need to go beyond 9-9.5W on my Darwins and that is an incredible vape.

Last edited:

retird

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 31, 2010
    North Side
    Yep Cuse.....I seldom ever go above 9.3 watts.....I guess I just "tailored my carto ohm rating" to achieve a great vape while using the minimum amperage, thus extending battery life......so the ohm ratings of the cartos is 2.7 to 3.1 ohms for me.....thus 8.4 to 8.8 watts and all is good here.....

Last edited:

hifistud

ECF Veteran
    Jul 25, 2009
    Sunderland, UK
    I personally don't think the Production unit will go beyond 10W. The Darwin can hit 12.7W, but it is starting out with a 7V+ power source. The Kick is boosting a much smaller 3.7V power source. I am certainly no electronic genius but that tells me that 10w is about right. With that said, In basic, old vaping terms, I am basically a "5V" vaper, yet I hardly ever feel the need to go beyond 9-9.5W on my Darwins and that is an incredible vape.

Hmm... yes, there are two batteries in the Darwin, but they're wired in parallel, not series, so they're starting from 3.7 volts, just the same.

fright88

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 21, 2011
    Loveland CO
    Who is really gonna vape that hot.....I figured my hottest vape and it's under 9 watts. Are there people really going higher than 10?

I vaped 1.3 ohm on my iAtty at 3.7 10.5 watts
    2 ohm carto on my RSM at 4.8 11.52 watts
    I use my GGTS now with 2 3.2 AW Lifepo4 and 1.5 ohm DC cartos which the jury is still out on what exactly I am vaping but it is warmer then the 2 ohm carto at 4.8
    And I vape 4.7-4.8 on my DC cartoson my RSM same as above.

Granted this is only personal prefrence and I will probably pick one up if it is reasonably priced to try it either way but I am hoping it will do 12-13 or at least 11 watts.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread