Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
I finally used up my last 100mg/ml from 2016 and pulled my first bottle from my 2016 vapepocolipse stash purchase out of the nic freezer and mixed it down to 20mg/ml. Clear (both concentrated and mixed), no odor, and it tested to 20mg/ml. 132 bottles left which calculates me running out when Halley's comet will be in perihelion again on my 101st birthday. (my final bucket list item)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I finally used up my last 100mg/ml from 2016 and pulled my first bottle from my 2016 vapepocolipse stash purchase out of the nic freezer and mixed it down to 20mg/ml. Clear (both concentrated and mixed), no odor, and it tested to 20mg/ml. 132 bottles left which calculates me running out when Halley's comet will be in perihelion again on my 101st birthday. (my final bucket list item)
We’re making lots of medical advances.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
So, plugged my air compressor in 2 Sundays ago. It’s on the same circuit as my chest freezer where I store my nic. Didn’t find out till Thurs night (4 days later) that it tripped the GFI. Everything inside was thawed out. Most of it was still a little cold but none of it was frozen. Had to throw out some of the food, salvaged some of it. I suspect the nic is fine. If I recall, others had their freezers kick off for weeks or months with little/no adverse impact to their nic. I mean, who knows how long the supplier had it in storage at room temp. Don’t think nic is as fragile as some may think.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Don’t think nic is as fragile as some may think.

I keep one liter in the frig that last me 4 years and it gets a bit yellow in 4 years. But it still provides me with the right amount of nicotine. The rest are in the freezer and I pull another liter out when the other one is empty. ;)

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
So, plugged my air compressor in 2 Sundays ago. It’s on the same circuit as my chest freezer where I store my nic. Didn’t find out till Thurs night (4 days later) that it tripped the GFI. Everything inside was thawed out. Most of it was still a little cold but none of it was frozen. Had to throw out some of the food, salvaged some of it. I suspect the nic is fine. If I recall, others had their freezers kick off for weeks or months with little/no adverse impact to their nic. I mean, who knows how long the supplier had it in storage at room temp. Don’t think nic is as fragile as some may think.

Bummer on the lost food, but I agree, the nic is probably fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread