Like half of my Nic ,evaporated in the freezer! :(((((

Status
Not open for further replies.

Youmadbrah

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Cairo,Egypt
I successfully smuggled 250 ml of Nic to Egypt. I put 125 ml in my lab and 125 ml in a glass bottle in the freezer. After 1 month I found half of the bottle in the freezer was gone!! What happened ?? Does Nic evaporate that easily ?? Maybe the bottle was leaking , so I put the rest in another bottle and then in a plastic bag to limit exposure to air.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
I've stored it in a freezer for months and the level doesn't drop noticably. It still remains liquid, so it could be leaking? Exposure to air would darken it a bit and much less than half of the mass should be nicotine plus PG wouldn't evaporate at those temps.

The more I think about it, the only thing it could be is leaking. Careful with the objects below the bottle...they may be coated.

Youmadbrah

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Cairo,Egypt
I've stored it in a freezer for months and the level doesn't drop noticably. It still remains liquid, so it could be leaking? Exposure to air would darken it a bit and much less than half of the mass should be nicotine plus PG wouldn't evaporate at those temps.

The more I think about it, the only thing it could be is leaking. Careful with the objects below the bottle...they may be coated.

it's 60 mg/ml. It is not that fatal. But thx for the warning :)

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
If the bottle was well sealed, nothing will escape. By nic evaporating, do you mean just the nicotine? Or the liquid itself? Both are virtually impossible if the bottle is sealed, Hoosier is right. I agree that it could be a leak. But perhaps someone is stealing your nic-liquid!

I store in the freezer and have not lost a single mL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread