Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
To use nicotine salt or to use freebase nicotine. If you want to vape a very high level of nicotine in concentrations of 30mg/mp or higher, then it is of utmost importance that you keep your wattages low and coil resistance should be higher than 1ohm. This applies no matter which form of nicotine you are using. Freebase most likely will be harsher when used in this fashion and that is why salt nic is more useful in this scenario. Most of the hoopla about nicotine salts is overrated. I like nicotine salts for the fact that they do not oxidize as easily and storage life is somewhat extended. My statements on this matter are the result of personal experience and should by no means be interpreted as scientific fact. It is my belief that my statements, though, are valid. I hope that this info will be helpful for anyone considering using nicotine salts. At high levels, nic salt can be used without excessive throat irritation versus freebase nic at these same levels. At low levels, i really cant say that i can tell a difference between the two.

escapetovape

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
Brisbane, AU
@Coyote628 - I asked @stols001 this last night so getting your thoughts as well; at 18mg/mL of nicotine salts or lower does that get affected by sub-ohm tanks? by the sounds it doesn't sound like it at all but curious as hell (I am seriously getting confused when I read this thread) :p not hard though as I haven't slept yet.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
@Coyote628 - I asked @stols001 this last night so getting your thoughts as well; at 18mg/mL of nicotine salts or lower does that get affected by sub-ohm tanks? by the sounds it doesn't sound like it at all but curious as hell (I am seriously getting confused when I read this thread) :p not hard though as I haven't slept yet.
It shouldnt be a big problem. Ive vaped 18mg at sub ohm. It wasnt salt though. Dont get too confused though, nicotine is nicotine. The salt vs freebase thing is way overblown into something it shouldnt be.

escapetovape

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2018
Brisbane, AU
It shouldnt be a big problem. Ive vaped 18mg at sub ohm. It wasnt salt though. Dont get too confused though, nicotine is nicotine. The salt vs freebase thing is way overblown into something it shouldnt be.

Thanks for that - I vape at 18mg/mL at the moment using freebase (although low quality HiLiq stuff), the information regarding Nic salts seemed to focus on "you can vape higher concentrations" and then somehow I got it in my head that you can't use Nic salts with sub-ohm AT ALL.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Thanks for that - I vape at 18mg/mL at the moment using freebase (although low quality HiLiq stuff), the information regarding Nic salts seemed to focus on "you can vape higher concentrations" and then somehow I got it in my head that you can't use Nic salts with sub-ohm AT ALL.
It's simple really...if you like th use freebase, if you would like to lessen th use salts at the same mg you normally use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread