Nicotine absorption

Status
Not open for further replies.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Interesting older studies-https://www.nature.com/articles/srep04133?fbclid=IwAR3xuq9J1lPfbCjj_GsZw0p-aEfSU-DqUgl91gxu4sUKHSgK6gajst_coTM

srep04133-f2.jpg

Reactions: Rossum

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    I suspect this is why Juul has been so successful; their own patents show a much faster rise in nic levels than traditional vapes for their 50-some mg/ml liquid.

I would guess the same is true to some extent for lung-busting, DL vaping style (assuming a sufficient nicotine level), which might explain why some people were only able to succeed in transitioning to vaping with that type of gear.

I vape all day long too, but that comes as no surprise since I smoked all day long as well. I generally had one burning more often than not. But I never inhaled 'em particularly deeply, and vape the same way.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2018
    No wonder that I vape all day long if it takes me 45min vaping time to match 1 cig??

It would depend on the concentration of the nicotine and the device that you are using.

I've posted the article a few times in response to other discussions and if I recall correctly they used 18mg/ml. And the article was published in the beginning of 2014 so the "New" devices are not new anymore.

The authors suggested that 50 mg/ml might match a cigarette. And around a year later, the Pax/Juul came out.

srep04133-f1.jpg

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    OK. thanks for the input guys. I hadn't realized that it was that old. First gen devices that they refer to would have been those pathetic cig-likes @ the beginning of vapehood then? Barely 5w and 24mg/ml??

I didn't think that we had data for absorption. I just replied to a newcomer yesterday that vaping was absorbed diff than smoking and that there was no good data.

OOps

Reactions: Eskie

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    The authors suggested that 50 mg/ml might match a cigarette. And around a year later, the Pax/Juul came out.

Might not have been necessary to go to 50 then. If juul was responding to this study then they were trying to improve upon an "08 cig-like? That could have likely been accomplished by improving the vape output, which I'm sure they have.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread