Nicotine base solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cambford91

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2022
United States
Store the rest in the freezer. Break it out into smaller containers, mason jars will work. That way, you'll preserve your base and thaw out and use what you need. But, it almost sounds like you'll use all your nic within a year, so you may not have to worry.

Nicotine has a longer shelf life than most people think.
I swear man I just didn't think. There would be anyway it could be that separated.where it's on 6mg/ml but I guess where it's a whole gallon it could would still be a lot of nicotine even at that concentration. But I'm tellin you it had to ever bit be right there on the top. Cuz I still don't feel right bro. It's not like so bad it's scaring me no more. I just don't feel right lol. Ima try that shaking bottle tomorrow to see if shaking it up fixed. If not I'll prolly have to buy some vg cuz I know even though I paid for insurance on It. They'll won't believe me. But thanks for all your help man. Glad to know I ain't oding on nic!

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Flyover Central
I've bought a bunch of base from them in fairly frequent orders and I've never had a problem. It seems to have exactly the same effect as store bought juice with the same specs. From what I understand, most of the liquids we use in vaping have way different viscosity and most seem to separate if they get a chance. It's not easy to shake up a gallon but I've always done it.

If the nic does stratify, I have to admit I have no idea of what you're going to have inside the gallon you started using.

cambford91

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2022
United States
I've bought a bunch of base from them in fairly frequent orders and I've never had a problem. It seems to have exactly the same effect as store bought juice with the same specs. From what I understand, most of the liquids we use in vaping have way different viscosity and most seem to separate if they get a chance. It's not easy to shake up a gallon but I've always done it.

If the nic does stratify, I have to admit I have no idea of what you're going to have inside the gallon you started using.
Well I've shook up really good now. I made another 120ml batch of peach and cream. Imma let it steep tonight and try it in the morning. Hopefully all the nicotine didn't come out in the 4 bottles I mixed before shaking it really well. I hope i got it mixed good enough now. I emailed them about it. I'll see what they say tomorrow. Did your jugs come with electrical tape around the lid. Mine did and for me I got worried someone might have messed with. The way it hit me like that.

cambford91

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2022
United States

Are you sayin if it did separate the whole gallon might be screwed?

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I swear man I just didn't think. There would be anyway it could be that separated.where it's on 6mg/ml but I guess where it's a whole gallon it could would still be a lot of nicotine even at that concentration. But I'm tellin you it had to ever bit be right there on the top. Cuz I still don't feel right bro. It's not like so bad it's scaring me no more. I just don't feel right lol. Ima try that shaking bottle tomorrow to see if shaking it up fixed. If not I'll prolly have to buy some vg cuz I know even though I paid for insurance on It. They'll won't believe me. But thanks for all your help man. Glad to know I ain't oding on nic!
    On it's journey to you? It probably bounced a few times.

Last edited:
    Reactions: TARTARA

GeekyGeezer

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 14, 2015
    Flyover Central
    Did your jugs come with electrical tape around the lid. Mine did and for me I got worried someone might have messed with. The way it hit me like that.

Yes, that is something they do to try and avoid leaks at the cap. It's also always been in a plastic bag. I don't think you have to worry about anyone tampering with it.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    @cambford91

Liquids can un-mix if they are not completely miscible.

To me, it sounds like your vendor added VG, PG and nicotine to the gallon jug and then shipped it off to you as is without thoroughly mixing the contents.

The 10% PG and nicotine would have risen to the top of the jug and the 90% VG would have settled to the bottom. You tried it "as is" without thoroughly shaking the jug and got one heck of a nic buzz.

If I add my flavors and nicotine in a bottle first, followed by PG and then my VG I can watch the thicker VG settling into the bottom of a bottle as I add it (I use clear btls). My flavors, PG and PG based nic rise to the top.

That's 100% to be expected. VG weighs more than PG, PG based nicotine or DIY flavors.

After you add flavors to your base (PG, VG, nic) shake your bottle very well. While your mix is steeping continue to shake the bottle every couple days. After a mix has steeped always shake the bottle before vaping any of the juice.

Hope that helps and good luck!!! :greengrin:

Last edited:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Are you sayin if it did separate the whole gallon might be screwed?

No. It's not screwed.

You simply need to shake the f-ing crap out of that jug in order to fully mix your PG, VG and nicotine.

Another thought...... perhaps they "accidentally" used more than 6mg nicotine when they put your order together. Ya know, people can and do accidentally F things up on occasion. Maybe they gave you 18mg or 24mg nic. :greengrin:

cambford91

ECF Veteran
    Nov 25, 2022
    United States
    No. It's not screwed.

You simply need to shake the f-ing crap out of that jug in order to fully mix your PG, VG and nicotine.

Another thought...... perhaps they "accidentally" used more than 6mg nicotine when they put your order together. Ya know, people can and do accidentally F things up on occasion. Maybe they gave you 18mg or 24mg nic. :greengrin:
    Yea that's what I'm thinking man. It has to be too much nic. Because ok before I even tried it I made mixed four bottles so most of the nicotine should've been in them. Then I tried it and that's when it gave me that crazy rush. So then I shook up really really really good like for 10 minutes straight. Then I mixed another bottle and I let it sit overnight. I just tried it and I'm still getting a rush from it. Not nearly as bad but it still has to be more than 6mg. Cuz like I said most of the nicotine should've been poured out in those first four bottles. Lol idk but I've emailed them and I'll see what they say. I might just have to buy some vg and of and dilute. But it looks like if they give me the wrong stuff they should make it right. They didn't message me back today but when I messaged it said please allow 1-2 business days for a reply so I'll give em till tomorrow lol thanks man

cambford91

ECF Veteran
    Nov 25, 2022
    United States
    @cambford91

Liquids can un-mix if they are not completely miscible.

To me, it sounds like your vendor added VG, PG and nicotine to the gallon jug and then shipped it off to you as is without thoroughly mixing the contents.

The 10% PG and nicotine would have risen to the top of the jug and the 90% VG would have settled to the bottom. You tried it "as is" without thoroughly shaking the jug and got one heck of a nic buzz.

If I add my flavors and nicotine in a bottle first, followed by PG and then my VG I can watch the thicker VG settling into the bottom of a bottle as I add it (I use clear btls). My flavors, PG and PG based nic rise to the top.

That's 100% to be expected. VG weighs more than PG, PG based nicotine or DIY flavors.

After you add flavors to your base (PG, VG, nic) shake your bottle very well. While your mix is steeping continue to shake the bottle every couple days. After a mix has steeped always shake the bottle before vaping any of the juice.

Hope that helps and good luck!!! :greengrin:
    And I'm tellin you what ever content it truly is is high nic stuff cuz I swear I stayed tweaked out on it until about an hour before I went to bed I started to feel a little more normal. But Ive felt hung over all day today lol man. It was ridiculous haha

cambford91

ECF Veteran
    Nov 25, 2022
    United States
    Unfortunately, unless you can find a nicotine solution test kit, you'll never know what you have so you can mix properly from whatever you have.
    Yea I know. I emailed them and told I had no way of knowing the nicotine content of this jug. So I can't use it at all. I've sent them a few emails they said give them two days to respond so I'm going to wait till tomorrow. If they don't email me by then. I am goin to trying to a charge back on my debit card. If that doesn't work they have a profile on better business bureau and I'll file a complaint on there. I tried to find a test kit like your talking about and I can't find on. Not one that shows the actually content only ones that show of it's positive or negative for nicotine

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I tried to find a test kit like your talking about and I can't find on. Not one that shows the actually content only ones that show of it's positive or negative for nicotine

Ask if anyone knows where to get one on the DIY forum
    The only place I ever knew where to get these is out of business now.

cambford91

ECF Veteran
    Nov 25, 2022
    United States
    Well guys thanks for all your help. Perfect agreed that they couldn't guarentee how much nicotine is in the solution. They are going to refund me 75. They said for future reference those solutions are basically buy at your own risk cuz they can't really be for sure. Lol I didn't know that when I bought I figgured it was guarentee. But I'm glad they helped me out and appreciate y'all's help too

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Well guys thanks for all your help. Perfect agreed that they couldn't guarentee how much nicotine is in the solution. They are going to refund me 75. They said for future reference those solutions are basically buy at your own risk cuz they can't really be for sure. Lol I didn't know that when I bought I figgured it was guarentee. But I'm glad they helped me out and appreciate y'all's help too
    Wow. Nice to hear they are refunding your money.

Sorry, but I got a laugh out of the "They said for future reference those solutions are basically buy at your own risk cuz they can't really be for sure."

Huh??? They can't be sure of what they are selling to their customers???
    Sounds like a company to avoid. :greengrin:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread