Nicotine Comparisons

Status
Not open for further replies.

MotherNatural

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Thank you, Allen. I've purchased two liters from Heartland in the past year and have been very pleased. I've been considering trying RTS because they sell 250mg made in the USA. My thoughts are that it would take up so much less freezer space. But at $32 a liter I might have to give ecigexpress a try.

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
I recently got some nic from VT and I am impressed - good stuff. The only down side - as with most nic vendors, it's only available in pure VG or pure PG. I ended up buying one bottle of each and mixed them to make a 50/50 mix, so I guess it works out.

But it sure makes it tempting to just buy from NN, since I can buy it 50/50 and then I don't have to mess with mixing it.

Reactions: Dixie1954

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark
Has anyone tried ecigexpress nic recently? It's on sale this weekend for $32 a liter. Very tempting but I've never tried it.
I have not tried ecigexpress, but they are listed on alchem's nicselect site to be using there nic. I've tried a recent batch of alchem's nic through another vendor, and I would say that it's great for unflavored with a bite, and for flavored if using either tobacco flavors, or if using under 6mg nic. If using alot of flavoring or if not beeing much of a supertaster, then you could probably go higher in mg without issue. (I always used at very maximum 8%, and most frequently just single flavor mixes at 2-3% with inawera)

To me it has a tobacco odor and alittle sting, but nothing chemical or bad, and in the taste it's the same, a tobacco'ish taste. Jimi d also stated that on his nicselect from vices, he gotten "a faint cig taste"...

Myself, I really liked that tobacco taste of alchem's nic in my unflavored vape, but I always used a kfl+, which I couldn't turn much up because it would taste burnt because of the low airflow, and as I always missed a better airflow, beeing a direct lung-inhaler, then I now have gotten a lemo 2 and a kanger subtank plus, and since I now can have all the airflow I want and have hightend the wattage a little, then I now use 3mg instead of 6mg, but this then means that I can not taste the nic anymore, only the vg :( I do like the taste of vg/water alot however, but it's now just missing that nice hint of tobacco and fullness/mouthfeel that it used to have...

Last edited:

MotherNatural

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Thank you for the detailed reply, mhertz. Just what I was hoping for. I squonk 3mg lightly flavored tobacco in VG and find it difficult at those levels to taste much difference from the nic. As long as it doesn't taste nasty or chemical a little bit of a cig taste is fine. At this price it might be worth having an extra liter on hand. Thank you again.

Reactions: Dixie1954

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Rossum - What's up..?
Well, it seemed there was very little interest in the blind test that I'd proposed. I do have fresh, unopened (received within the last 10 days) 120 ml bottles of nic from four different vendors (VT, VZ, XV, and NN) and a whole pile of 10ml plastic bottles some silly squonkers went in on but turned out to be too stiff to use for squonking, so if anyone wants, I'm still game to set this up.

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
Well, it seemed there was very little interest in the blind test that I'd proposed. I do have fresh, unopened (received within the last 10 days) 120 ml bottles of nic from four different vendors (VT, VZ, XV, and NN) and a whole pile of 10ml plastic bottles some silly squonkers went in on but turned out to be too stiff to use for squonking, so if anyone wants, I'm still game to set this up.

I'm still game, depending on details. What sampling / testing procedure do you think participants ought to follow?

I can provide 120 ml of not so new (freezer kept) nic base (VG) from HV.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I'm still game, depending on details. What sampling / testing procedure do you think participants ought to follow?
Dunno. I suppose people should try to evaluate the stuff shown on the chart you posted, except of course for the cost, which of course is impossible in a blind test. I'm thinking there are probably people who won't even try vaping 33 mg/ml per the second-to-last line.

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
Dunno. I suppose people should try to evaluate the stuff shown on the chart you posted, except of course for the cost, which of course is impossible in a blind test. I'm thinking there are probably people who won't even try vaping 33 mg/ml per the second-to-last line.

...perhaps a good point about the nic level tested. The original testing was all done at a single level and I suppose with the same equipment.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I think people should use whatever ratio they're used to. Unless everyone were to use the exactly the same PG and VG, trying to use the same ratio seems pointless because not all PG and VG are the same. However, I think everyone should vape some of their base w/o any nic it it to compare to the same mix with the different nic types in it.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Half a dozen would be good, I would think, and the limit would be about 10-12. But so far, there doesn't seem to be a huge level of interest. One person has PM'd me with, "Count me in FOR SURE if you are doing this". I'd actually prefer people speak up in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread