Not open for further replies.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Whats the dif between the 2; Platinum and Titanium? thanks

I'm curious to that also. I thought TW was also a supplier of PEG which is used more in Europe than here. I wouldn't mind hearing opinions about PEG too.

I think the CASAA article mentioned, "full time lab" dedicated to producing nic, in this case for pharmaceticals (expensive). I heard DOW was the leading manufacturer - and may have assumed they would be operating the lab. However, it doesn't sound like the type of nic that we would seek out.

I'm not sure there is a single category for RTS - which is not meant as a bad thing - It's possible he's hired freelance labs to do some processing and he also imports. RTS has been around long enough to develop a reputation, percentage accuracy, certificate, shipping, dependable; they are a valid, competitive supplier of nic.

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
I'm curious to that also. I thought TW was also a supplier of PEG which is used more in Europe than here. I wouldn't mind hearing opinions about PEG too.

If you dig quite deep in ECF, you may find a post by rolygate on PEG...perhaps included with other matters. In time, it's back quite a way. To the best of my recollection, it has a wee bit lower safety (health?) rating than PG / VG. Perhaps that's why we don't see more about it. I may have looked at more than one source to find the preceding information.

I too would like to know more.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
If you dig quite deep in ECF, you may find a post by rolygate on PEG...perhaps included with other matters. In time, it's back quite a way. To the best of my recollection, it has a wee bit lower safety (health?) rating than PG / VG. Perhaps that's why we don't see more about it. I may have looked at more than one source to find the preceding information.

I too would like to know more.

Thx. I noticed a major flavor in Uk uses it (Decadent?) and several ecig look-alike cartridges use it (both UK and US).

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Are they saying there is currently no U.S. extracted nic? I find it hard to believe that CASAA would not be aware of RTS (who I think claims to be one of (if not the) largest nic suppliers in the U.S.), or do they know something we don't?

I guess I'm late to the party on this one, has it been covered elsewhere?

Unfortunately, CASAA could not verify that company's claim. From what information I could find, RTS says it hires a lab in Charlotte, NC to do the actual extraction work and also has a back-up lab in Philadelphia. Although I tried in earnest, I couldn't find any labs in those locations that do nicotine extraction. That doesn't mean that they don't exist, just that the labs couldn't be verified. I'd be happy to update the article if RTS wants to (privately) disclose the names of the labs they subcontract, so I can verify it. :)

Last edited:

TTK

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
Johnson City, TN
Unfortunately, CASAA could not verify that company's claim. From what information I could find, RTS says it hires a lab in Charlotte, NC to do the actual extraction work and also has a back-up lab in Philadelphia. Although I tried in earnest, I couldn't find any labs in those locations that do nicotine extraction. That doesn't mean that they don't exist, just that the labs couldn't be verified. I'd be happy to update the article if RTS wants to (privately) disclose the names of the labs they subcontract, so I can verify it. :)
I know RTS used to have a claim of US extracted NIC from North Carolina tobacco under the category of Liquid Nicotine, but it no longer seems to be there. On the web site I can find no claim of US extracted nicotine. Perhaps they have changed?

casey8579

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2009
Near Wilmington NC

Hi kristin, thank you for the reply. Should you ever verify the claim please post about it.

Cyrus Vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
Bay Area, California
Possibility 1: RTS claim is marketing nonsense; the first nic I tried from them was ...well. The second was top notch. No need to patronize that raucous wannker when there's equivalent product and price elsewhere.

Possibility 2: RTS claim is the truth; the first nic I tried from them was ...well. The second was top notch. No need to patronize that raucous wannker when there's equivalent product and price elsewhere.

Finding the invariate in any object or scenario is tantamount to finding said object or scenario's essence.

Kristin its great to see you in here, thank you. My guess is RTS will tell you they need to keep it top secret and therefore can't give you enough information for a true verification. Let's say they do give you that information...the shills that confuse their drug of choice with politics can keep on shilling. Which is what they'll do anyway.

TTK

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
Johnson City, TN
Possibility 1: RTS claim is marketing nonsense; the first nic I tried from them was ...well. The second was top notch. No need to patronize that raucous wannker when there's equivalent product and price elsewhere.

Possibility 2: RTS claim is the truth; the first nic I tried from them was ...well. The second was top notch. No need to patronize that raucous wannker when there's equivalent product and price elsewhere.

Finding the invariate in any object or scenario is tantamount to finding said object or scenario's essence.

Kristin its great to see you in here, thank you. My guess is RTS will tell you they need to keep it top secret and therefore can't give you enough information for a true verification. Let's say they do give you that information...the shills that confuse their drug of choice with politics can keep on shilling. Which is what they'll do anyway.
Exactly what is the current RTS claim, regardless of the possibilities? Can you find any claim on their web site?

casey8579

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2009
Near Wilmington NC
Exactly what is the current RTS claim, regardless of the possibilities? Can you find any claim on their web site?

The only thing I see on the site now is the sentence "USA Extracted Liquid Nicotine" at the top of Liquid Nicotine listings. Seems like there used to be a bigger speil about it on the site but I no longer see it.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
The only thing I see on the site now is the sentence "USA Extracted Liquid Nicotine" at the top of Liquid Nicotine listings. Seems like there used to be a bigger speil about it on the site but I no longer see it.

I believe there's more said on the RTS thread in ECF since a number of people confronted him on that claim in the beginning. It's still vague. I think it's uncomfortable because he doesn't have to be so vague.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread