Not open for further replies.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Am I misunderstanding? I just ran across this on Velvet Cloud Vapor's website;
Our Nicotine base is made here in the USA, in San Francisco.
Hmmm.... Velvet Cloud Vapor - Organic and Natural All VG E-Liquid from San Francisco
Also on the About Us page;
Velvet Cloud Vapor was founded 2011 in San Francisco, by Aria and Julie, to bring together unique tastes, quality ingredients, and hand brewed American-Sourced Nicotine Extract to serve the San Francisco Bay Area.

TTK

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
Johnson City, TN
The only thing I see on the site now is the sentence "USA Extracted Liquid Nicotine" at the top of Liquid Nicotine listings. Seems like there used to be a bigger speil about it on the site but I no longer see it.
Yep...I looked at that page more than once yesterday and missed that claim. Must consider a trip to the optometrist soon!

wolcen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
Boston, MA
www.wolcen.com
casey8579, you are correct - their web site used to say the following:

All of RTS Vapes' nicotine liquid originates from flue-cured tobacco grown in North Carolina. For your information, North Carolina produces more flue-cured tobacco than any other state in the United States. With our unemployment rate near 10% in North Carolina we decided to try a United States solution to inconsistent Chinese nicotine liquid.

The tobacco leafs are handpicked by North Carolinians. The tobacco leaves are delivered to a North Carolina Pennsylvania laboratory for nicotine extraction. We are proud to state all of our tests have shown from 99.92% to 99.96% pure nicotine.

Our pure nicotine liquid is then reduced by North Carolinians to less potent strengths using Propylene Glycol USP Grade Kosher Certified or Vegetable Glycerin USP Grade Kosher Certified.

When you buy flavorless nicotine liquid from RTS Vapes, a Division of RTS Leasing, LLC, you are buying a product USA made.

Liquid Nicotine

wolcen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
Boston, MA
www.wolcen.com
FWIW, also just noted an interesting (to me anyway) statement by Randy on his thread yesterday:

Due to one of our competitor's recent 20% reduction in wholesale prices RTS has to make a major decision in your business quality model. Do we buy cheaper ingredients or sell much higher and expensive quality ingredients. Due to the FDA deeming regulations on the horizon we will most likely decide to sell high quality instead low price. We realize we are going to have to provide verifiable proof of our high quality ingredients should we decide to continue that route.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
FWIW, also just noted an interesting (to me anyway) statement by Randy on his thread yesterday:

Due to one of our competitor's recent 20% reduction in wholesale prices RTS has to make a major decision in your business quality model. Do we buy cheaper ingredients or sell much higher and expensive quality ingredients. Due to the FDA deeming regulations on the horizon we will most likely decide to sell high quality instead low price. We realize we are going to have to provide verifiable proof of our high quality ingredients should we decide to continue that route.[/quote]

I can tell you that in the US it's all about price.

If it wasn't I wouldn't have had to buy luggage w/wheels because there are no skycaps and porters at airports anymore, and I would not have to clean my table off at McDonalds both before and after eating there (per their sign "please clean your own table" but the people never do do you get to do it twice.)

It's all about the $$ forget about quality and many of the basic courtesies are falling away (like at the airport there used to be people aroudn to actually HELP you but I guess nobody wants to pay to employ them).

Don't get me started, :blink: but if RTS raises prices, they will lose customers........ cuz that's the way people are and what has made Fasttech so popular, despite the fact that they have nothing but mostly knockoffs.

JMHO. If I were them I would carry 2 lines....premium for those of us who like quality, and regular, for people who only care about saving $2.

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
Since 100mg nic is only 10% of the product and its mixed/diluted here in usa with usa pg or vg does that mean its made in usa?

You gotta say that with your halo on halo.jpg

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
If it is not made in America, they should not advertise it as such. Big difference between being made here and mixed here.

The concept of made in America is murky at best and subject to interpretation regarding vaping or any other items we use in our every day lives.

The rules that qualify a product for an official “made in USA” label are regulated by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). The FTC relies on a definition that a made in USA product be made of ” all or virtually all ” components made in America. The factors for qualifying American made claims include the percentage of manufacturing costs incurred in the US, how far removed any foreign components are from the finished product, and the site of final assembly. The FTC publication on complying with the made in USA standard suggests a minimum of 75% of total manufacturing costs be incurred in the USA for a credible made in America label. The Buy American Act defines a product as made in America for the purposes of government procurement if it is comprised of at least 50% American made components.

Reactions: 52anddone

Cyrus Vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
Bay Area, California
Now MFS is making some interesting claims...:facepalm:

Our famous Unflavored Nicotine "Smoke Juice" E-Liquid is made with NicSelect Vaping-Grade Nicotine. NicSelect Vaping-Grade Nicotine is the highest quality nicotine on the market and is made specifically for vaping in the only FDA inspected and approved nicotine production facility in the world. Buy with confidence knowing that you are getting the very best nicotine available and that it is always distilled from actual tobacco leaves and stems and not synthetically produced. For more information read below and click the link to see our GCMS and COA testing results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread