Nicotine delviery - health cabin - labelling concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.

denmonkey

Sep 26, 2013
Hi all,

I'm starting to acquire some stock to do a little DIY and because I'm looking to get my father into Ecigs to give up the real fags, I figured I'd snag some Nic liquid to make some juices for him.
As I've been a none smoker for 3 odd years (mostly :glare: ) I'm really only interested in flavours and not so much the nic.
So buying 0mg and separate nic makes sense.

Anyway I've been reading lots of stuff on safe handling etc and when my order arrived from health cabin I was a little taken aback from the labeling
20131017_170328.jpg 20131017_170352.jpg

As you can see from the first pic the labels are identical to the straight pg & vg fluids.
The only identifier that this is actually Nicotine are the small MG ratings on the label which relatively faint (2nd pic bottom left) .

I know regulations are not as strict in some countries but I was still a little concerned about it. I figured at the very least there would be a child proof cap on it and maybe even a different colour cap/label.

Seems they must get the bottles in bulk and just ship everything in them.
Also worth noting is that the bottles aren't glass but plastic.

Is this par for course when ordering hazardous materials from China ?

Jonathan Tittle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2013
Johnson City, TN, USA
xanderjuice.com
Wizard Labs and RTSVapes both use plastic to ship PG, VG and Nicotine solutions, so that's not uncommon. As long as it's a dark amber or blue/green bottle then the contents of the container will be fine. Most companies use pharmaceutical grade bottles (Wizard Labs does) so the nicotine isn't going to draw that plastic "taste" from the bottle. I say most as RTSVapes seems to use standard, what I would consider, shampoo looking bottles (like a larger version of what you'd carry on a plane) which are white and block 100% of the light coming through.

I prefer Wizard Labs packaging, but neither of these companies use child-proof caps on PG, VG or Nicotine (even 100mg/ml) and both are shipped from within the US (WL is out of Florida and RTS is out of North Carolina).

As long as it has a warning or caution label, the solvent used (PG/VG) and the nicotine content, I don't think much else is required. A lot # and batch # is common, just for Quality Control, as well as a bottled on date, but that's about all I've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread