Nicotine Pouches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonus Wagner

Apr 21, 2018
Burnie,

I have been wanting to switch over to nicotine pouches from vaping for a while now. I quit smoking and started vaping in March of last year. I've been using Mark Ten (by Phillip Morris) because it was easy and is carried everywhere around me, mostly the classic Menthol cartridges which are 3.5% nicotine by volume. I really do not want to be sucking anything into my lungs anymore, even vaping is feeling too harsh now that I am older. I used to chew tobacco and tobacco pouches back around 2002-2005, I really liked it better but had to stop because I developed gum disease.

So I have some questions for you and anyone else who has used this product. Does it burn or agitate your gums in any way? I get that it is just nicotine salt and not any tobacco product, so I assume it will feel less like chew and more like nicotine gum or lozenges. Second, what strength is good to start with? 4 mg? 3 mg? I go through about one Mark Ten cartridge per day. Finally, how long do the pouches last? I used to pop a dip in and let it sit in my mouth for a couple hours, sometimes just adding to it throughout the day. I heard these On pouches only last for about 20 minutes. I am hoping that a tin of these nicotine pouches would last me 2 days or so, plan on using maybe 10 pouches a day. I was hoping they tasted good for about an hour because that will prevent me from spitting it out and putting another one in.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I know you asked Burnie but thought I’d jump in. The flavor on the pouches don’t last long. Swedish snus lasts much longer. The on pouches are tiny and release the nicotine quick. I’d probably start with 3-4mg like you mentioned. As far as snus goes, I’ve been using it for about nine years and haven’t noticed any issues with my gums. As a matter of fact, my hygienist mentioned how good and healthy my gums looked at my cleaning appointment last month. I never used American dip/chew. It seems to me that since snus is pasteurized and has no sugars added that it isn’t hard on the gums like chew. Good luck with the pouches. I hope they work for you.

Bonus Wagner

Apr 21, 2018
    Thanks for the input hittman. That stinks that the flavor disappears so quickly and the nicotine release is fast, i might be popping these in enough to go through a whole tin in a day. I feel like a piece of nicotine gum may last longer.

Back when I still smoked, I got several free tins of Camel snus. It was OK as an alternative to smoking where I couldn't smoke, and I liked that I didn't need to spit with them, but I always wanted a wad of Skoal or Copenhagen long cut in my mouth instead. I always felt that there was better nicotine release with the chew, even with Skoal bandits or pouches. I'll never go back to it because carrying a spit cup around is gross (especially to my wife) and it almost made me lose my teeth. I never tried any real Swedish snus though, I assume the imported stuff is probably way better than Camel's imitation.

What brands of Swedish snus do you recommend?

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    My favorite ones that I use everyday are general mint and thunder raspberry. The general is 8mg and considered a regular portion. The thunder is an extra strong portion and it’s 22mg per gram but the portions are a little under a gram each so they are a little less than the 22mg. There are tons of different strengths and flavor profiles. Some places sell general in the US. We have a chain called Quiktrip that sells it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread