Nicotine question--

Status
Not open for further replies.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    I buy nic liq at a 10% concentration, or 100 mg/ml. I mix that down with PG and VG to a 25 mg/ml, or 2.5%, concentration. I smoked at least half a pack to a pack a day for a bit more than 30 years. I started with an e-juice that had a 32 mg/ml nic level. I quickly found that while that concentration added much weight to the foot that kicked cigarettes out the door, it was a bit too 'heavy' for me. I started buying e-juice that was 21 mg/ml and had some great flavors that I liked, but I discovered that I was vaping thru it faster. Then I got on the DIY boat and started mixing my own.

MarkRNY

ECF Veteran
    Apr 18, 2016
    Rockland County, NY
    You've got it down. Good and thanks.

That "6MG" is less than half of what would be marked "14MG" if using the same verbiage. I buy my nic at "60MG" to "100MG" (6% to 10%), and use it to add strength to low strength juices. It comes in handy. :)

This is what I was asking. "My screwed up "verbiage" confused the issue. My fault--Thanks!

MarkRNY

ECF Veteran
    Apr 18, 2016
    Rockland County, NY
    I buy nic liq at a 10% concentration, or 100 mg/ml. I mix that down with PG and VG to a 25 mg/ml, or 2.5%, concentration. I smoked at least half a pack to a pack a day for a bit more than 30 years. I started with an e-juice that had a 32 mg/ml nic level. I quickly found that while that concentration added much weight to the foot that kicked cigarettes out the door, it was a bit too 'heavy' for me. I started buying e-juice that was 21 mg/ml and had some great flavors that I liked, but I discovered that I was vaping thru it faster. Then I got on the DIY boat and started mixing my own.

I'm pretty much the same. Think I'll kick the level up to 2.4 again for awhile when I get the right Nic. I like the guys I'm buying from. Good service, good prices. I should have been more educated about it. Before it was just like, buy VG, buy PG, buy flavoring and buy whatever nicotine they had from one vendor--1 stop shopping. Now with all the stinking rules you have to buy each thing separately and hope they ship to where you live. The good old days! It's a pathetic/oppressive joke.

Thanks.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    @MarkRNY - I 2nd the recommendation to get 100mg/mL nicotine base from Heartland Vapes. Many of us have bought and used their nic base for years. Lots of us, and others who weren't already regular buyers of theirs...have freezers filled with enough of their 100mg/mL to last as long as we want to vape for the rest of our lives.

I've bought and used Nicotine Giant's 100mg/mL nic base in the past, too. IMO, it's also very good quality, like Heartland Vapes 100mg/mL. However, for the $20 per Liter price difference there used to be, between the 2...I chose to get all my Liters, and all the Liters friends needed, from Heartland Vapes. Now the price difference is $34.96, since Nicotine Giant raised their price.

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    List of US Retailers Still Shipping 100mg Nicotine Base | E-Cigarette Forum

The big downside to heartland right now for many is that if you want your 100mg in PG then you're out of luck. VG only. Just a few days ago you could buy the gallon size in PG, but not anymore.

Heartlandvapes Nicotine Solution - 100mg Liter

Heartlandvapes Nicotine Solution - 100mg Gallon

It's apparent that for some reason they are choosing not to sell nic in PG because they have been this way for many months. This is a choice. Other nic sellers have been selling in PG this whole time. I don't believe the "shortage" excuse anymore.

But Nicotine Giant increased their price now their per liter price is almost double that of Heartland. Heartland still wins the prize on price.

Last edited:

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    Which website has that combining nicotine strengths calculator?
    This may work. I use the site for some of the other calculators there. I know that eJuice Me Up has a calc for that purpose, but it is a local program that only runs under Windows. Although a *nix/Wine config might work..
    E-Liquid Combining Calculator

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Last edited:

MarkRNY

ECF Veteran
    Apr 18, 2016
    Rockland County, NY
    I don't know who Richard Winter is, but can he help me get nicotine in NY? (kidding)--Because the guys I bought from a few months ago no longer ship here. NY is New Mordor. The most evil state in the union. ANYTHING they can do to hurt the residents and line their pockets is what they live for. They want their tax $$$$ from butts no matter who dies.

Sorry for the rant, smacuser.

Richard Winter

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Nice website. I don't see where different strengths are calculated.

But, I did notice that @Richard Winter runs that site.
    Hi @smacuser, well spotted. Yes I run that site with my two sons. Been a passion of ours for quite a few years now. I designed all the calculators on it.

Both the e liquid and nicotine shot calculators dont have options to calculate combining nicotine because I wanted to try and keep them fairly straightforward to use for most users.

I am in the process of writing a guide about combining different nicotine strengths which can then easily be put into the two e liquid calculators.

Easiest way when combining different strength nic is to mix the two different nicotines into 1 mix before hand. Then just add the resultant strength of the two into either calculator.

For an example, if you have 10ml of 18mg strength nic and 10ml of 72mg strength, the combining strength would be....
    10ml of 18mg = 10x18 = 180. 10ml of 72mg = 10x72 = 720. Therefore 720 + 180 = 900. Divide 900 by 20ml = 45.

This gives you 20ml of nicotine at a strength of 45mg. This can be put into the calculator as the combined base strength.

Richard Winter

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I don't know who Richard Winter is, but can he help me get nicotine in NY? (kidding)--Because the guys I bought from a few months ago no longer ship here. NY is New Mordor. The most evil state in the union. ANYTHING they can do to hurt the residents and line their pockets is what they live for. They want their tax $$$$ from butts no matter who dies.

Sorry for the rant, smacuser.
    Sorry mate, cant help purchasing nicotine in NY, I'm based in the UK and have hell of a job getting anything stronger than 20mg in silly little 10ml bottles. Good luck with your search.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    That likely wouldn't help, because most vendors selling anything related to vaping...cannot/won't ship to PO Boxes, especially since late March.

Maybe not a PO box but a private mail box. A lot of shipping centers like UPS stores have them. You use their street address then add your box # like it was an appartment address.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    Maybe not a PO box but a private mail box. A lot of shipping centers like UPS stores have them. You use their street address then add your box # like it was an appartment address.

Even if it's not a PO Box, but is a mail box at a UPS store, etc.....it now requires Adult Signature upon delivery to the person who ordered it. Is there any guarantee that someone at one of those centers...will pretend to BE the person who ordered it and/or take responsibility, IF the person who ordered it wasn't actually an adult? He might want to check on that first.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread