Nicotine Salts = 2-3x Faster Coil Gunking and Burnt Taste?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I'm surprised no one else has had this problem nor agrees. I'm just being honest.
Since I just started using nic salts(from NR) from around 12/8 I am still not getting any burnt taste, but it's around this time that I will check the coil and wicking(2 weeks) to see if anything needs changed/replaced. brb

:)

Nope-good for another week then I will change it. Cotton starting to look just a smidge brown around coil but not enough to change anything. Still taste great. sry

Last edited:

Equality 7-2521

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2013
oakland ca.
I vape on ss mesh,and I don't notice any real difference between the gunking on salts and free base, they seem about the same..I get my free base from Carolina Extracts which is all extracted from American tobacco, and is the cleanest nicotine I've come across,and I get my salts from NN.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I don't notice any real difference between the gunking on salts and free base, ...<edit by IDJoel>... and I get my salts from NN.
The OP (@Taberu) was having their problems with NN Signature salts. Can I ask which of the three NN salts you are using, @Equality 7-2521?

Reactions: stols001

Taberu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2016
Yep... tasting burnt already after only 30ml or 2 days. The gunking doesn't really have a huge/pronounced visual difference vs freebase; only slightly, but still noticeable. But, the big difference is, the stronger burnt taste after only 30ml or 2 days.

Coincidentally, my very last 60ml bottle with Salts in it is almost done (it'll be done by tonight). Vaped Salts for a little over 5 months now, from August - December 2017. I will finally be back to freebase starting later tonight or first thing tomorrow. Yay!

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread