The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Nicotine Withdrawal

Discussion in 'SG Vapers' started by JayJay788, Apr 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. JayJay788

JayJay788 Full Member

Apr 24, 2019
    having not vaped since moving down to Singapore from Malaysia on Sunday, I find myself feeling tired and slightly depressed. I am guessing this is nicotine withdrawal. I had stopped drinking some months ago so really only had one remaining vice - vaping. I never thought it would be so addictive.

I had thought of buying tobacco but really would never forgive myself if I lit a smoke having stopped years ago.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings. But kind of sucks cannot get vape here..

2. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Nicotine is a major anti-anxiety drug, a dopamine agonist, and has a lot of oddities neurologically. Nicotine withdrawal symptoms vary widely by individual. For some people it’s not a big deal. Others can become almost non functionally aggressive or anxious. I don’t know what options they have for nicotine replacement therapies over there. Patches might work for you. Assuming they even have them. There may be other options available if they don’t. The issue as I understand it is one of the bigwigs over there owns all the cigarette companies and doesn’t want things eating into his money pot.

My personal solution lately is “don’t go to Singapore” so I’m of limited use.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. JayJay788

JayJay788 Full Member

Apr 24, 2019
    thanks for replying! I appreciate your comments on the issue I raised. I use to recover quite fast in the past when quitting cigs, but I suspect the nicotine levels in the juice was on the high side and more addictive. Hence the stronger withdrawals.

4. somdcomputerguy

somdcomputerguy vaper dedicato Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    A while ago I was in a hospital for 5 days and couldn't vape. There was a lady there who wore a nic patch during the day, and had it replaced every morning. At least they let us have coffee.. Anyway, during those 5 days I had no urges or cravings although one of the first things I did once home was grab my vape.. Even during the 2 hour ride home I wasn't like, "Oh I can't wait to get home."..

5. JayJay788

JayJay788 Full Member

Apr 24, 2019
    That’s interesting! I guess we are able to psyche ourselves up in different ways to cope with things. The mind is very powerful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.