• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Nicotine Withdrawal

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayJay788

Apr 24, 2019
having not vaped since moving down to Singapore from Malaysia on Sunday, I find myself feeling tired and slightly depressed. I am guessing this is nicotine withdrawal. I had stopped drinking some months ago so really only had one remaining vice - vaping. I never thought it would be so addictive.

I had thought of buying tobacco but really would never forgive myself if I lit a smoke having stopped years ago.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings. But kind of sucks cannot get vape here..

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Nicotine is a major anti-anxiety drug, a dopamine agonist, and has a lot of oddities neurologically. Nicotine withdrawal symptoms vary widely by individual. For some people it’s not a big deal. Others can become almost non functionally aggressive or anxious. I don’t know what options they have for nicotine replacement therapies over there. Patches might work for you. Assuming they even have them. There may be other options available if they don’t. The issue as I understand it is one of the bigwigs over there owns all the cigarette companies and doesn’t want things eating into his money pot.

My personal solution lately is “don’t go to Singapore” so I’m of limited use.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Nicotine withdrawal symptoms vary widely by individual.
    A while ago I was in a hospital for 5 days and couldn't vape. There was a lady there who wore a nic patch during the day, and had it replaced every morning. At least they let us have coffee.. Anyway, during those 5 days I had no urges or cravings although one of the first things I did once home was grab my vape.. Even during the 2 hour ride home I wasn't like, "Oh I can't wait to get home."..

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread