Withdrawal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jammin

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2010
Washington DC
Is it possible to be having nicotine withdrawal symptoms even though I vape around the same as I smoked, but the ejuice is only 11mg's?

Since a day or two after I started (last thurs) i have been VERY fatigued. Really tired. The only time i remember feeling this way was when i quit ten years ago (stayed off em for awhile but went back).

It seems the ejuice would have enough nicotine to NOT have withdrawal, but I swear I think thats what this is.

No craving for a cigarette, just really fatigued and off and on headaches.

Taurox

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2010
New York
It's very easily possible. The calculations around here seem to be regular smokers around 20mg, light smokers 17mg or something like that. Varies on type of cigarette. It doesn't hurt to have a higher does then your regular vape handy. For those "just in case" moments. However I thought the headaches would have been from too much Nicotine.. I dunno maybe they are both.

T

hiram13pm

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
Merced, CA
Well, it could be low nic, depending on what you used to smoke. Try some higher nic (just don't go overboard with it), and see it that helps.

It could also be what others have pointed out here (MistressNomad in particular)... there are LOTS of chemicals in cigarette smoke, about 4,000 of them. You've just cut out 3,999 of them... so you may be feeling a bit of withdrawl from the other crap in cigarettes. To be sure, nicotine is the MOST addictive, but it's basically as harmless as caffeine... and who knows what those other compounds do, or if they are addictive in and of themselves? A higher nic might help you over the hump here, or just wait it out. It'll pass.

Some ppl have trouble with either PG or VG, so if it persists, I'd say try a different base liquid.

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
Do you drink coffee? To me it sounds more like caffeine withdrawal.

Here's a funny story about that: I was working at this coffee place and this customer told me that one time she started feeling really run down and lethargic and started getting headaches that started in the morning and lasted all day, so she went to the doctor and had him run all these blood tests only to find out there's nothing wrong with her -- turns out she mistakenly bought a bag of decaf at the grocery store instead of her usual caffeinated blend! Funny.

IndustrialAction

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2010
Northern VA
Y'know, I've been wondering about this. I smoked a little more than a pack of Marlboro Lights each day before I started vaping. I vape quite a bit of 18mg juice yet I still feel withdrawal pains. Some days I can get by just on vaping but other days I NEED a couple of analogs to get through the day. I just ordered some Ms T's juice at 24mg and I'm hoping it will help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jammin

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2010
Washington DC
11mg is VERY low nicotine. I know I'd have had horrid nic fits if I had started with that. I started with 24mg and that did the trick. (I used to smoke 3/4 pack camel filters per day).

Strange you aren't craving a cig though....

Yea it is VERY strange I'm not craving a cig but I am sure these are withdrawals. The only reason I am fairly sure is because i went thru the same thing when I quit years ago. Had i not gone thru that then (but then i also had the HORRIFIC cravings! Thank God i dont have that now!) I would just think i was just strangely lethargic and fatigued right now.

I ordered 18 mg's but they sent me 11mg's instead. I didn't think about it really and just started using it, but now am wishing they had not made that error!

I have ordered 18 mg's it just hasn't gotten here yet.

I might have to add an analog - one a night or something for just a few days or until the 18 mgs comes in - see if it helps. I just don't want to re-introduce the stupid toxins I am getting rid of.

Jammin

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2010
Washington DC
Do you drink coffee? To me it sounds more like caffeine withdrawal.

Here's a funny story about that: I was working at this coffee place and this customer told me that one time she started feeling really run down and lethargic and started getting headaches that started in the morning and lasted all day, so she went to the doctor and had him run all these blood tests only to find out there's nothing wrong with her -- turns out she mistakenly bought a bag of decaf at the grocery store instead of her usual caffeinated blend! Funny.

I do drink coffee but the amount I drink per day (only cup and a half) has not changed.

From what I understand, most withdrawals - coffee, nicotine, etc - produce similar withdrawal of tiredness and headache, lethargy. Depending on what it is there are just other symptoms added in there, but the lethargy and headache are pretty consistent w/drawal symptoms for most things.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
water would Hydrate you not dehydrate you ? so you would get the headache if you where dehydrated and not drinking water as I see this, it is a well known fact to drink water if your vaping.!! I would also keep some nigher MG nic around for when your feeling like you explain, say a bottle of 24-30 mg in your daily vape, when your feeling a bit down take a few vapes of this and it should help you out big time, and drink water

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Most people start at 18mg to 24mg strength at first and taper down to lower levels. There are also other chemicals in tobacco smoke such as MAO inhibitors. Without these, you can feel lethargic and slightly depressed. MAO inhibitors slow the destruction of dopamine and you experience higher levels. Higher levels of dopamine give you a lift and relieve depression symptoms. Some people add SNUS to counteract the withdrawal symptoms. It's been studied at length in Sweden and not found to be a carcinogen. The FDA feels differently, though.

Check out this link.
This is your brain on nicotine

Last edited:

lmrasch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
Oregon
I doubt that you'll be lethargic once you up your nic :shock:...IF the headache is a withdrawl symptom then that shoud be resolved as well :). Bummer on the nic strength of the liquid, hope the supplier made up for the extra aggravation...ditto on the water uptake also, I get headaches when I don't drink enough.

Keep us updated ~ Lanette

Luvs5rugrats

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2010
The Lowcountry
The prefilled carts that came with my kit were all I had to start and they were 11mg. Not nearly strong enough and I ended up smoking every 4-5 hours to cut the cravings down. I ordered 18 + 24mg juice and they did the trick for me. I use the 24mg in the mornings for a little bit and then switch and I'm good all day and I've not had an analog since.

Jammin

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2010
Washington DC
water would Hydrate you not dehydrate you ? so you would get the headache if you where dehydrated and not drinking water as I see this, it is a well known fact to drink water if your vaping.!! I would also keep some nigher MG nic around for when your feeling like you explain, say a bottle of 24-30 mg in your daily vape, when your feeling a bit down take a few vapes of this and it should help you out big time, and drink water

Okay. Was just a tad confused with kellogg's reply as he/she asked if i was drinking a lot of water and that the liquid would dehydrate me so didn't quite know what that meant. I get it now.

Yea i will up the water drinking. I never drank much before, i didn't realize vaping dehydrated so that could be an issue.

Jammin

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2010
Washington DC
The prefilled carts that came with my kit were all I had to start and they were 11mg. Not nearly strong enough and I ended up smoking every 4-5 hours to cut the cravings down. I ordered 18 + 24mg juice and they did the trick for me. I use the 24mg in the mornings for a little bit and then switch and I'm good all day and I've not had an analog since.

That's good to know. I began suspecting it was the 11 mg liquid that might be causing this after a couple days of straight out lethargy and slight headache.

Hope that 18 mg bottle gets here soon!

Randybu80

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
Sonora, California, United States
The withdrawls imo are unbeatable, I was a 2 pad smoker, I vape 24mg juice I bumped up to 36 because of some quick setting depression, no doubt it was the analog or maybe nicotine withdral. even though were emulating smoking the vapor is different and the nic is absorbed different. I do not reccomend vapping the 36 mg it caused me more issuse than it solved, that and I found I hate pg about say 40% max is what I will vape. anyway back to the point the dt symptoms should not last more than a few weeks hang in there. there will also be a while of clumsyness and forgetfullness as your brain chemistry goes back to a semi normal state. I'm taking a long time at it but am on my way to a cass I in substance abuse, I knida know what im talking about here studies/personal experience tc, hang in there and happy vapping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread