Tobacco withdrawal symptoms when using e-cig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Near Atlanta, Georgia, US of A
I got me an eGo-C and am using 24 mg liquid. Used to smoke about 20 analogs a day and completely stopped 20 days ago and now I only use my ecig. The thing is, even though I enjoy vaping and it kills my cravings, I've been feeling many of the psychological withdrawal symptoms such as depression and anxiety. And they don't seem to be going away.

Seems like is quite common for vapers to feel depression after two or three weeks of vaping according to this post. Have you ever had this experience and if so, did it go away after a while? How long did it take to go away?

Glad you asked this question! I just got my e-cig today in the mail.....and I was wondering the same thing, as I'm still craving my cigs. I actually JUST asked that question in a new thread I made a few seconds ago in this forum.

You mentioned you smoked a pack a day, and you ordered 24mg liquid. Now I'm wondering if I went with too low of a mg :( I smoke the same amount as you (pack a day), and I went with the 18mg liquid :(

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Glad you asked this question! I just got my e-cig today in the mail.....and I was wondering the same thing, as I'm still craving my cigs. I actually JUST asked that question in a new thread I made a few seconds ago in this forum.

You mentioned you smoked a pack a day, and you ordered 24mg liquid. Now I'm wondering if I went with too low of a mg :( I smoke the same amount as you (pack a day), and I went with the 18mg liquid :(

WHat nic level you need really depends on what you smoked. I was a PAD smoker for more years than I care to think about and 12 mg was too strong for me (headrush and headaches). 8-9 MG was about right. I smoked Ultra Lights.

I very quickly was able to drop to 6MG which is where I am now.

bris1974

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2013
Wyoming
i think the hardest part for me is not smoking a cig after a big meal or when i drink i feel like i need an analog cig more than ever. a lot of my friends are also vaping now so it is making it easier for me but i am still having urges for analogs. i will go 5 days then on the weekends i mess up.

I'm going through the exact same thing. Don't kick yourself too hard over it. a couple analogs a week is definately better than 2 packs a day I was smoking before. I look at it as a victory and just try again. Be proud of your progress so far! :)

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
I was a 2 pack a day smoker, and the first week was the hardest. But I was using the cig-a-likes the first week and I sucked those 24mg FINS dry quickly. Once I upgraded to the ego style Triton, I got the nic I needed in bountiful amounts and haven't had a problem. The nic level seems to drop more quickly than when smoking, but that's the nice thing about vaping -- you can grab a hit anywhere to ease the tension.

@Myrany: yeah, looking forward to the full detox ;)

Aldridge

Apr 30, 2013
Oak Harbor, OH, USA
I had similar symptoms after a couple of months without a cigarette, it will go away. Now, after a year vaping, when I see someone smoking a cigarette I no longer have an urge to smoke...I just feel sorry for them. Vaping works and I hope all smokers realize this before its too late. It's not easy to quit smoking, I've tried everything with no success. Until now. Good luck, you'll feel better soon!

csebr002

Feb 18, 2011
Tempe
This is exactly why I went back to analogues the first time I tried to quit. I was going strong for about a month then just got depressed and had to have cigarettes. The weird part is that I wasn't even thinking about them before that point. It was like they were a relic of my past until one day I had to have one.

I think the reason that so many people become tinkerers when they switch to e cigs is to fight the subconscious desire to smoke a cigarette. The more you are obsessed with the new technology and messing with it/buying new things, the less you worry about cigarettes. As soon as it becomes routine (about a month in) you start to feel less stoked about it. That was my experience anyway.

Stick with it! I'm trying again!

shihchuansun

Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
USA

Take extra hits = )

Spadge

Aug 11, 2013
Australia
Today is my FIRST DAY without a 'real' ciggerette!!! I was a pack of 30 a day smoker for 15 years. At $21 a packet here in Australia, smoking is way too expensive... My boyfriend dosent smoke and has been on my back for years to quit. I bought a packet 1 week ago and have been alternating vaping and smoking all week untill today! So far so good! I don't even feel like a real ciggie! I even stealth vaped in a cinema today lol... I own a restaurant, and while working tonight I was feeling like I had brain fog. I was losing everything. My phone, my ecig, my phone again, my keys. I looked for a lighter for 5mins before realizing I didn't need one!! At the moment it's all a tad amusing, however if this continues I can see myself as a foggy, frustrated little restaurant owner :s

Harleybarbie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2009
Wonderland
About 3 weeks in these symptoms hit me pretty hard.It felt like I was in a haze and just couldnt concentrate. I'm no doctor but my guess is it's the 3999 other chemicals in cigarettes leaving our bodies for good. In 25 years of smoking, I wouldnt be surprised if I had bult up quite an excess of them.

The good news it that it passed after a week or two and I feel better than ever at 6 months.I just finished my first ever 5k...ended up walking most of it...but 10 years I wouldnt have been able to finish so it's still a victory.

Hang in there man, youve made it this far and after this bump in the road it will get easier.

Congrats on the 5K! Walking it is fine! Best thing ever! Finishing a 5K!

Sent from my iThingy using Tapatalk

Harleybarbie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2009
Wonderland
I too have been having problems with vaping... My concentration & focus are off!
My lips are chapped so bad! My head hurt so bad! My nasal passages and throat are so dry it's worrying me...
I decided to look at nicotine in juice. I took my nicotine levels down from 18mg to 12 or 6mg, I smoked ultra light ciggys... I just added glycerin I had bought at Walmart to my juice. Not sure if it was the nicotine but it seemed to help so far...
Head is feeling better in the last couple days, focus isn't as bad for the last couple days...
I've cut caffeine drinks down (only 2-3 a day) as well, I drink a gallon of water a day and try to have Neosporin handy to use on my chapped lips. I now try to have gum or a drink handy when I vape.
I do like to vape a lot. I've quit smoking analogs now for 13 days! (30 years @ 2 1/2 PAD) I've not craved the analogs since I've left them in the freezer!
I'm just so happy to find a replacement!

Sent from my iThingy using Tapatalk

Lo0nyt0on

Verified Member
Jun 10, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
I got me an eGo-C and am using 24 mg liquid. Used to smoke about 20 analogs a day and completely stopped 20 days ago and now I only use my ecig. The thing is, even though I enjoy vaping and it kills my cravings, I've been feeling many of the psychological withdrawal symptoms such as depression and anxiety. And they don't seem to be going away.

Seems like is quite common for vapers to feel depression after two or three weeks of vaping according to this post. Have you ever had this experience and if so, did it go away after a while? How long did it take to go away?

Ive been at it for around a week now. Honestly the depression Part is Kinda there but not soo much after I chain vape for an Hour...

I went mechanical this round mainly because I am doing full lung hits instead of Mouth-Lung hits like you do on the Ego batteries.
So it breaks that habit..also its a bottom push button so it dosent get held like a cigarette....And its really helping the habit portion of the Quitting.
I suffer from anxiety anyways but I learned to keep that under good control so I am not getting that.

What I have noticed is a cought and Also I find myself chain vaping (as stated from depression from quitting)

Hardest part is not buying a pack of cigs.....I see the boxes at the store and I think (if I just buy 1 pack and smoke 1 a day ill be ok....or maby ill smoke 1 and throw the rest away ect ect) Trying to find excuses out.....when I do that I just think of both my grandmas who died from emphazima from smoking....

Its a lot of phycological... Then again im smoking 0-6mg juice.... So I am getting the nicotine withdraws a little....

Just remember....You started that habit..you can kick it....And be positive that You Will.

I lucked out and have a Gf who dosent smoke. And when she looked at me and told me "I don't want you to get black Lungs and Die Before Me"

that was it.. I needed an alternative....And that's were im at Now...

Its a long Road bud Just be Positive...

As far as it going away Give it about a month...Last time I quit cold turkey it took about a month....

Hope I helped

jingo

Moved On
Aug 19, 2013
thanks so much to everyone; for all the advice in this thread.

I'm on day 3 without any analogs.... last night my cravings were so bad; but i got through it..

i've been feeling that 'fog' since day 2, that everyones been referring to.
I also feel restless and frustrated... plus my anxiety is pretty prevalent; despite being on anti-anxiety medication....

i'm very glad and encouraged that this 'feeling' fades in a matter of weeks to a month..
i was a 20-30 a day smoker.... for about ten years; and for the first time since starting, i've made it to day three.
i want to exercise but i feel a bit too... 'spun out'..... just don't quite know what to do with myself...
i figured it would take some time to recover, so i'm ready for that.
just taking it one day at a time...

i'm vaping 12mg..
just gotta find something to do with my free time (as i'm a bit confused and foggy)...
i think i'm just gonna watch film after film.... and drink beer.
worked yesterday anyhow.

good luck to all.
jingox:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread