No flavor from E-salts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrez

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New Jersey, United States
Hey everyone, hoping to get a little help with this.

I've been a pretty long time vaper, moving through the old ego style mods, to the low power variable voltage and wattage tube mods, to mechs and then high power box mods, building my own coils through most of that. Id say I'm an intermediate builder, as I can do alien coils, and various fused builds, but never bothered with the staple builds. Not to long ago I had some bad chest congestion and my normal set ups just were to much for me so I decided to give esalts a try. I was never a fan of the few juuls i tried, but I tend to prefer sweeter strawberry cream type juices. Knowing how to build, I didnt really want to get into juuls, or all in one systems with replaceable pods. After a little digging I settled on a small squonk mod from Vandy Vape, the Ex. I also picked up a strawberry cream esalt juice.

So the problem is, I can get a few different builds on the atomizer, including the small fused coils that came with it. Ive used variations of 30g stainless wire, and 28 ni80 wire. 8-10 wraps, at different diameters. Used both organic cotton and rayon for wicks. So far, I really haven't picked up much if any flavor from the juice. I've played around with the airflow settings, and wattages settings and nadda. Definitely getting a nic buzz, and some nic side effects from over doing it. Ive done MTL, and restricted direct lung hits, and even through the sinus. Still nothing. No flavor.

Ive read that the esalts are popping with flavor, but I'm just not getting it. Is it my juice (Mr. Esalts), or am I just to used to the super sweet thick vg juices that I was running through my fused builds?

Reactions: stols001

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I would guess brand. I diy with salts and use the same flavor percentages I would with freebase. Might just pick up a 10ml bottle of Capella sweet strawberry concentrate and add a few drops to your juice until you reach a flavor strength you like.

Vapedog

Oct 28, 2018
I haven't done a lot of nic salts but the few I've done, I've noticed that the flavor isn't as pronounced as it is with the same brand/flavor of regular juice.
Yeah a friend of mine that mixes said he found it muted some of his flavours and went back to regular nic.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't know. I haven't noticed a huge flavor difference (like Leitia I DIY) but I do think that salt nic can kind of have a taste.

Also, keep in mind there are a lot of ways to convert freebase to salt, it's possible that some of them mute some flavors.

I am transitioning back to regular freebase because my respiratory system can take it now, and freebase is so much cheaper.

Best of luck figuring it out!

Anna

Mrez

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New Jersey, United States
Thanks everyone for an answer. I've been playing a little more with a different atomizer and juice, a straastraw flavored donut juice and I'm still just not getting much in the way of flavor. To make matters worse, the esalt juice is giving me a sore tbroat that I can feel in my ears. I think the next step would be a dilution to lower the nic concentration.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread