No flavor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwin Betz

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2018
Dayton, Ohio. USA
I've been vaping on 12.8ml tank of my ADV Orange Cream recipe and it has been awesome. Well I took my RDTA apart and cleaned it, replaced the rayon and switched from a .5 ohm to a .19 ohm coil. I filled the tank back up with the same batch of juice and I can't taste a thing. What's happening?

I tried another mod with different flavor and tank and was able to taste it just fine, so I don't believe it's vapors tongue.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
I've been vaping on 12.8ml tank of my ADV Orange Cream recipe and it has been awesome. Well I took my RDTA apart and cleaned it, replaced the rayon and switched from a .5 ohm to a .19 ohm coil. I filled the tank back up with the same batch of juice and I can't taste a thing. What's happening?

I tried another mod with different flavor and tank and was able to taste it just fine, so I don't believe it's vapors tongue.

Any thoughts?

.19 takes a lot more power (generally) than .5 does. Did you turn the wattage up, appropriately?

Edwin Betz

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2018
Dayton, Ohio. USA
.19 takes a lot more power (generally) than .5 does. Did you turn the wattage up, appropriately?
I should have known that! Had an airhead moment, thanks. Was on 100w all day, 135w did the trick. Thanks brother.

Edwin Betz

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2018
Dayton, Ohio. USA
I just backed my wattage back down to see what would happen, because 135w was way too hot for me. Back to 100w and it taste fine now.

Maybe something contaminated the rayon when I was wicking the coils??? If so, maybe needed higher wattage to burn it off? That's the only thing I can think of.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Honestly, rayon can have a bit of a break in period. Maybe your added "power" boost got things up and moving more quickly.

IDK why you might think the rayon got contaminated with something, how are you handling it (the rayon) to think it might've gotten contaminated?

In any case, glad things got working for you. :)

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: NatashaTMT

Edwin Betz

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2018
Dayton, Ohio. USA
I was eating potato chips...lol
Honestly, rayon can have a bit of a break in period. Maybe your added "power" boost got things up and moving more quickly.

IDK why you might think the rayon got contaminated with something, how are you handling it (the rayon) to think it might've gotten contaminated?

In any case, glad things got working for you. :)

Anna

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
I was eating potato chips...lol

Because I wash my hands SO much, I keep hand sanitiser, conveniently, in my mixing room. It’s become habit to use before I handle anything vape related. I probably take cautious to that other level. (Heard a story, pertaining to coils, that helped me get this way. PM if interested.) But I’d rather be safe than possibly sick with an upper respiratory infection, etc. It literally only takes seconds to use. I believe it can be found at any Dollar Tree for $1. Might be something to consider having readily available:)

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't eat while building. LOL, it's not that I think it's a sin or anything but I need both hands at all times (and sometimes wish I had a third) but yeah, maybe that's a thought. I guess a salt crystal or something could have gotten in there.

I will admit though, my main reason is the shock/gross/horror effect I might feel if something were ever floating in my vape of unknown origin. LOL. It hasn't happened, but I think I would die or something :lol::lol:.

Anna

Reactions: NatashaTMT

NatashaTMT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2018
Nashville, TN
I don't eat while building. LOL, it's not that I think it's a sin or anything but I need both hands at all times (and sometimes wish I had a third) but yeah, maybe that's a thought. I guess a salt crystal or something could have gotten in there.

I will admit though, my main reason is the shock/gross/horror effect I might feel if something were ever floating in my vape of unknown origin. LOL. It hasn't happened, but I think I would die or something :lol::lol:.

Anna
It’s is quite strange seeing something in your tank which doesn’t belong. Especially when you use heightened caution at all times with doing anything vape oriented! A couple days ago... I was about to refill my tank when I saw something clear and gel-like clinging to the inside of my glass tank. Upon closer inspection, it was infact a clear chubby gel-like “string”. It wasn’t sticky. It had no color. I didn’t taste it, lol. I have no idea what caused it but I’m assuming one of my flavors might contain sugar or something which would cause this. I haven’t a clue but I’ll be watching a few concentrates closer:laugh:

dennism

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Maryland

Any thoughts?

Would you mind sharing your orange cream recipe?

Edwin Betz

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2018
Dayton, Ohio. USA
Actually have 2. One is a plain, ordinary Orange cream, the other is Irish. Both steep 3 days. All flavors are TFA.
Screenshot_20180602-170236.png
Screenshot_20180602-170217.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread