No Tobacco since July 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saintscruiser1

Moved On
Sep 22, 2018
It has been awhile since I last posted, but for all of you new vapors, let me say your efforts are worth it! Thanks to the encouragement and backing of this board, I was able to put cigarettes down in 3 days after smoking for 42 years. After my mom died of lung cancer, which I thought would be THE thing to help me, it didn't. I got out of control. I was smoking up to 2 1/2 packs a day, sometimes cutting the filter in half for a stronger hit. It was a miracle that I didn't burn the house down. I didn't expect to quit, but I did. It wasn't always easy as it still looked good on television. My ex gave me a phrase to use....."I chose NOT to smoke." It was my choice. I didn't throw out my 2 cartons of cigarettes immediately. My doctor was elated. I vape in the waiting room, and also the exam room. I don't use a heavy duty system. But, my doctor said that nicotine is like caffeine. The problem with cigarettes is the tar and 4,000 carcinogens! I started out with 26 mg's of nicotine and am now down to 6. My goal is 0 and I will continue to use my vape system. I use a Kanger Evod system. If I lose one, I am not out so much money. If I do it, you can do it. I only got it to help me cut my cigarette consumption and I wound up quitting!:thumbs:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
@Saintscruiser1 , congratulations! I started vaping in 2010 and cut down from 2 PAD to about 6 cigs a day the first week I vaped. About 9 months later I decided to quit. Those last few were easy. I just didn't buy a pack and never felt the urge to pick up another one. It's been almost 9 years now and I don't even think about smoking as long as my vape works. I've never tried quitting vaping (and don't want to) but I dropped from 24mg juice to 3mg a few years ago.

Vaping works!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread