The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

No Tobacco since July 2010

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Saintscruiser1, Sep 22, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Saintscruiser1

Saintscruiser1 Moved On

Sep 22, 2018
    It has been awhile since I last posted, but for all of you new vapors, let me say your efforts are worth it! Thanks to the encouragement and backing of this board, I was able to put cigarettes down in 3 days after smoking for 42 years. After my mom died of lung cancer, which I thought would be THE thing to help me, it didn't. I got out of control. I was smoking up to 2 1/2 packs a day, sometimes cutting the filter in half for a stronger hit. It was a miracle that I didn't burn the house down. I didn't expect to quit, but I did. It wasn't always easy as it still looked good on television. My ex gave me a phrase to use....."I chose NOT to smoke." It was my choice. I didn't throw out my 2 cartons of cigarettes immediately. My doctor was elated. I vape in the waiting room, and also the exam room. I don't use a heavy duty system. But, my doctor said that nicotine is like caffeine. The problem with cigarettes is the tar and 4,000 carcinogens! I started out with 26 mg's of nicotine and am now down to 6. My goal is 0 and I will continue to use my vape system. I use a Kanger Evod system. If I lose one, I am not out so much money. If I do it, you can do it. I only got it to help me cut my cigarette consumption and I wound up quitting!:thumbs:

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 3
  2. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Congrats!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fredman1

Fredman1 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    Congratulations. Very well done :thumbs:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. bnrkwest

bnrkwest Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    Good job! Congrats!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    @Saintscruiser1 , congratulations! I started vaping in 2010 and cut down from 2 PAD to about 6 cigs a day the first week I vaped. About 9 months later I decided to quit. Those last few were easy. I just didn't buy a pack and never felt the urge to pick up another one. It's been almost 9 years now and I don't even think about smoking as long as my vape works. I've never tried quitting vaping (and don't want to) but I dropped from 24mg juice to 3mg a few years ago.

Vaping works!

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Congrats times a billion and welcome to ECF. I'm sorry about your mom. I was pretty sure I was going to be that mom someday.

Anna

• Like Like x 2
  7. Letitia

Letitia Citrus Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Congratulations!

• Like Like x 2
  8. MJCSD

MJCSD Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 7, 2014
    usa
    Congratulations

• Like Like x 2
  9. Storm52

Storm52 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 27, 2014
    Shreveport, LA
    Congratulations! I started with kanger evod. Still have a few somewhere in the vape box.

• Like Like x 1
  10. rosesense

rosesense ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2010
    South GA
    Congrats and I still use Evods at times. Great for out and about.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.