No vaping allowed?!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont ask and have never been told not to. I go to resturants and sit at the bar all the time. They prob would say no if i asked but i just act normal..I dont blow smoke rings or cause attention, and somewhat keep it to myself..not that hard to take easy drags and not blow allot of vapor...

BHam

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2011
Chicago, IL
www.vapor4life.com
I like your approach but they whole reason we all vape is so that we can do it inside. I wish people didn't have stigmas attached to new technology.

I dont ask and have never been told not to. I go to resturants and sit at the bar all the time. They prob would say no if i asked but i just act normal..I dont blow smoke rings or cause attention, and somewhat keep it to myself..not that hard to take easy drags and not blow allot of vapor...

Street Trash

Verified Member
Apr 2, 2012
Salt Lake City
It's against the law to vape in a public place here, so no need to bother asking. (same rules as smoking)

I was under the impression that the law change would not be implemented for five years. That's what I read in an article on KSL, and the person quoted was the son of the Hooka bar owner. The guys at Salt Lake Vapors are under the same impression.

Personally I don't vape anywhere I didn't smoke with the exception of my house and car, friends houses and cars, while getting tattooed, and the bars around town when I go out.

*EDIT* Looks as though the five year exemption extends only to hooka bars, and vapor shops.

Last edited:

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
I personally don't like using it in public. I hate having a bunch of people coming up to me asking questions. I have to talk to people at work all day, when I am trying to relax and enjoy myself I don't feel like talking to a bunch of people.

And ya post here because... ?
dontknow.gif

Not criticizing ya... just an observation of the differences in human nature... my other 'hobby'!

I'm quite the opposite in that I flaunt my PV in public. If I see a smoker approaching, I'll grab my PV and make like Mt. Vesuvius in it's heyday!

Why not share da 'good news'?
soapbox.gif

BigGrin-1.gif

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I'm quite the opposite in that I flaunt my PV in public. If I see a smoker approaching, I'll grab my PV and make like Mt. Vesuvius in it's heyday!
Just to give you another way of looking at it...

When I smoked, I did not smoke for the nicotine, I smoked for the relaxation and alone time.
And I would NEVER smoke standing up, and I would NEVER talk to anyone, because that would destroy my entire experience.

Most smokers I have encountered never understand this.

They would often smoke standing up, which is something I will never understand.
And they would often talk to people while smoking, which is something I will never understand.

When I take a vaping break, I am the same way.

So while I have CASAA brochures and ECF cards to hand out, I almost never do it WHILE I am vaping.
But I will go up to a smoker when I am not vaping and give them said handouts and answer questions at that time.

Remember, we are not all the same, and we didn't all smoke for the same reasons.
:)

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
When I smoked, I did not smoke for the nicotine, I smoked for the relaxation and alone time.
And I would NEVER smoke standing up, and I would NEVER talk to anyone, because that would destroy my entire experience.

Most smokers I have encountered never understand this.

I understand that quite perfectly, thank you very much. Although I assumed nicotine was part of the relaxation equation—if below the conscious level—I've never had a nicotine fit, nor craved nicotine in and of itself. I simply had moments every day where it occurred to me that a few seconds of solitude with a cigarette would be pleasurable.

spookyelectric

May 30, 2012
Texas
I am kind of torn on issues like this. On one hand I sympathize with staff that just don't want to deal with complaints over the perception that someone is analog smoking. I can imagine particularly zealous anti-smokers raising a fuss. On the other hand, I support the decision not to patronize such a business. In a way it's too bad that you asked, because you probably could have just taken some discreet hits without the staff noticing.

It's especially troubling and humiliating that they shouted across the room about this. I haven't vaped inside a restaurant or anyone else's home yet. I have vaped in the restroom at work, vaped somewhat furtively in the grocery store and doctor's examination room, vaped with the dudes at the mall's PV kiosk, and asked permission to vape in my aunt's car during a long ride. She didn't mind. If I ever decide to do it in a restaurant I probably won't ask and just try to be unobtrusive. Tonight I am going to have dinner at my brother's and I will probably ask him if it ok to vape inside. The only reason he may object is because he was a very young child and might not want him to see that going on in the house.

BHam

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2011
Chicago, IL
www.vapor4life.com
I had a hybrid experience. I loved the alone time and solitude, just time to catch my thoughts. But I was also a social smoker and I think because I would chain smoke with friends, that extra nicotine got me hooked. I could smoke a pack in a night and I'd wake up and get this urge to smoke. Then I associated relaxation with smoking and then it went to being a stress reliever.

I understand that quite perfectly, thank you very much. Although I assumed nicotine was part of the relaxation equation—if below the conscious level—I've never had a nicotine fit, nor craved nicotine in and of itself. I simply had moments every day where it occurred to me that a few seconds of solitude with a cigarette would be pleasurable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread