Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I definitely want to him to get a replacement, ASAP. Do you mind sharing the health risks? I had found any associated with 0 nicotine. Please share with me what you know. I'd really appreciate it. I'm so sorry for your loss. I will keep you in my prayers.

Since you have asthma, you may find that using a high level (more than 50%) of VG may cause you some breathing problems; I have asthma also, and cannot vape anything more than about 15%-20% VG, or I can't breathe at all.

I won't tell you not to vape; you're an adult, you can make your own choices, but be aware that vaping can be problematic for asthmatics, or others with various lung problems. As a smoker, I didn't require any "maintenance" type meds, just a rescue inhaler, once I quit drinking 22 yrs ago. But recently I've had to return to maintenance meds for my asthma, just so I can keep breathing and stay in control of my asthma. I figure it's worth it because of the long-term risks avoided by quitting a 39 yr smoking habit, and because of all the other gains associated with vaping instead of smoking. In your case, if your stress levels require something to help with that which won't addict you to some horrible pharmaceutical drug, then 0 nic vaping can certainly fill the bill, but for anyone with lung problems, needs to be monitored carefully.

:thumb:
Andria

Cloudd

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
I tried started vaping around a year and a half before, those are first gen e cigarettes, bad experience. I tried again four months ago, it worked this time. Thing is I'm aware of where I will be going with my smoking habit, started at 17 (now 20, 21 soon), that's why I tried to quit. I can say converting from a smoker to a vaper is quite a change in lifestyle: no more going out the house to light up, no more morning coffee and strong cigarettes (it goes superbly well), no more counting distance by cigarettes etc. Vaping with nic content does causes more nicotine intake as I don't do much research before buying. As for a non smoker getting into vaping, it'll be quite a ride, just don't go into analogues.

Regards,
J.

Amraann

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2011
Florida
Have any of you read the terms of service you agree with when you use this website? It starts off with " if you do not agree with any statement here YOU WILL leave the Website immediately" and then goes on with "Ecigarettes should not be purchased or used except by persons who are already smokers of tobacco products."

It appears to me that anyone saying it is OK for a non smoker to vape should leave immediately according to the TOS.

It's a good thing the ECF picks and chooses what parts of the TOS to enforce.

Considering that this topic happens all of the time and we have all been permitted to disuss our opinion of it.... I think that rule probably needs revising.

IMO that rule was made way back before other reasons for vaping came about. Also my opinion.. if one has an issue with how the forum is run they should maybe bring it up with a mod in private.

Avie

Dec 24, 2014
MY
Everyone has their opinion on topic they stand and believe in.

I suppose more importantly that you choose what you want to do but before anything, always do your research and seek advice from the experienced as well as the professionals (this i refer to the doctors). At times their advice may not be sound but as an adult and an individual we need to make our own decision and I mean an informed decision. Once you have made the decision, comes the responsibility.

chargingcharlie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2014
MA
Have any of you read the terms of service you agree with when you use this website? It starts off with " if you do not agree with any statement here YOU WILL leave the Website immediately" and then goes on with "Ecigarettes should not be purchased or used except by persons who are already smokers of tobacco products."

It appears to me that anyone saying it is OK for a non smoker to vape should leave immediately according to the TOS.

People read TOS?

I hate to say it, but this forum would have a very limited subscriber base if every user agreed with every statement in the TOS. Forums put TOS in place so, in the event that someone tries to sue them, they can show that they explicitly didn't condone a specific behavior and the user was in violation of their TOS.

I'd be willing to bet that the site admin would be willing to consider revising that and replace it with something to the effect of "Ecigarettes should not be purchased or used except by persons who are already smokers of tobacco products, or those who are seeking a potentially less harmful alternative."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FireDragon1138

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
Orlando, Florida
If you are a non-smoker and planning to use zero nicotine e-juice, my advice would be to just not bother inhaling the vape. There is no point really (even with nicotine e-juice, one doesn't have to inhale the vape to absorb nicotine). Maybe once in a while for fun but you'll get a lot of flavor just by puffing on it like a pipe, cigar, or hookah. You can also do retrohaling or snorking and blow it out your nose without inhaling it into your lungs.

Vaping zero nicotine e-juice is not the least bit addictive physiologically and doesn't even resemble smoking a cigarette. It's more like smoking a hookah pipe in terms of how it feels. And zero nic vaping might be useful for someone who craves sweets as there are no calories consumed.

I would just be careful to avoid diacetyl and certain butter flavorings related to it. Diacetyl is dangerous especially if its vaporized and inhaled for prolonged periods. It's a common artificial butter flavoring in popcorn.

Last edited:

chargingcharlie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2014
MA
If you are a non-smoker and planning to use zero nicotine e-juice, my advice would be to just not bother inhaling the vape. There is no point really (even with nicotine e-juice, one doesn't have to inhale the vape to absorb nicotine). Maybe once in a while for fun but you'll get a lot of flavor just by puffing on it like a pipe, cigar, or hookah. You can also do retrohaling or snorking and blow it out your nose without inhaling it into your lungs.

Vaping zero nicotine e-juice is not the least bit addictive physiologically and doesn't even resemble smoking a cigarette. It's more like smoking a hookah pipe in terms of how it feels. And zero nic vaping might be useful for someone who craves sweets as there are no calories consumed.

I would just be careful to avoid diacetyl and certain butter flavorings related to it. Diacetyl is dangerous especially if its vaporized and inhaled for prolonged periods. It's a common artificial butter flavoring in popcorn.

I try to puff on mine like a cigar as much as possible. But, being a former smoker makes that hard for me at times since I enjoy a good lung hit from time to time. Taking it into your mouth, and blowing it out your nose, can give you great flavor too. I agree, though, that lung hits definitely aren't necessary for any Nic level if you can avoid them.

CloudyWithChanceOfVape

ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2014
USA
Just my opinion, you spent ALOT of money on inferior products. $62 could get you a much better set-up, UNLESS that setup Vapes perfect for you. I know alot better set-ups that you could have done with $62 bucks, but thats just where i'm from, not necesarilly available where you are.

I did notice that tank looks a little on the generic side, is there any markings on it? ALSO, what brand of E-Juice came with it?

How old are you 18? You are old enough to decided if you want to Vape or not. We all choose to do things that are unhealthy like eating any fast food, drinking sodas, etc....

Do what makes you happy Jess!

chargingcharlie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2014
MA
Just my opinion, you spent ALOT of money on inferior products. $62 could get you a much better set-up, UNLESS that setup Vapes perfect for you. I know alot better set-ups that you could have done with $62 bucks, but thats just where i'm from, not necesarilly available where you are.

I did notice that tank looks a little on the generic side, is there any markings on it? ALSO, what brand of E-Juice came with it?

How old are you 18? You are old enough to decided if you want to Vape or not. We all choose to do things that are unhealthy like eating any fast food, drinking sodas, etc....

I agree on the price being high too. I got a Cool Fire 1, with iClear 30S and an extra coil for $40, and it vapes so much better than the small spinners with the smaller clearos. Jessika, check out misthub.com if you decide to buy another starter kit. This kit is nicer than what you have, is only $37.99, and it comes with five iClear 16 clearomizers. https://www.misthub.com/product/innokin-itaste-vv-v3-0-starter-kit/

Jessika Rabbyt

Dec 24, 2014
USA
Since you have asthma, you may find that using a high level (more than 50%) of VG may cause you some breathing problems; I have asthma also, and cannot vape anything more than about 15%-20% VG, or I can't breathe at all.

I won't tell you not to vape; you're an adult, you can make your own choices, but be aware that vaping can be problematic for asthmatics, or others with various lung problems. As a smoker, I didn't require any "maintenance" type meds, just a rescue inhaler, once I quit drinking 22 yrs ago. But recently I've had to return to maintenance meds for my asthma, just so I can keep breathing and stay in control of my asthma. I figure it's worth it because of the long-term risks avoided by quitting a 39 yr smoking habit, and because of all the other gains associated with vaping instead of smoking. In your case, if your stress levels require something to help with that which won't addict you to some horrible pharmaceutical drug, then 0 nic vaping can certainly fill the bill, but for anyone with lung problems, needs to be monitored carefully.

:thumb:
Andria

Thank you so much for telling me about the VG amount. My asthma is under control, but I dint want to change that. I definitely plan to consult my doctor(s) about vaping. I'm going to continue to do research as well. On juices as well.

Firecrow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2014
Toronto, Ontario

On that basis I should leave. Posting here certainly cuts into hot tub time.

I think they use the TOS when something disagreeable to the site happens, and I suspect the clause was put there to give them a way to toss ANTZs who may crop up and cause trouble.

chargingcharlie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2014
MA
On that basis I should leave. Posting here certainly cuts into hot tub time.

I think they use the TOS when something disagreeable to the site happens, and I suspect the clause was put there to give them a way to toss ANTZs who may crop up and cause trouble.

I agree 100%

I sent a PM to SmokeyJoe and asked him what his thoughts are on the subject. I asked if that could be changed to something like this:

"Ecigarettes should not be purchased or used except by persons who are already users of tobacco products, those who are seeking a potentially less harmful alternative, or those seeking a nicotine delivery device for other personal reasons."

IMO, only permitting the discussions here to former smokers does little to help the vaping community. I'd like to think that this forum wants as many people discussing and spreading a positive message about vaping as possible.

Jessika Rabbyt

Dec 24, 2014
USA

I have no idea what kind of tank it is or what the brand of juices are. I haven't received anything yet. I ordered them on Tuesday, I think. That is just a reference photo from the company's Instagram page. I'm hoping they have a good return policy at this point. I'm actually 28.

Jessika Rabbyt

Dec 24, 2014
USA
I agree on the price being high too. I got a Cool Fire 1, with iClear 30S and an extra coil for $40, and it vapes so much better than the small spinners with the smaller clearos. Jessika, check out misthub.com if you decide to buy another starter kit. This kit is nicer than what you have, is only $37.99, and it comes with five iClear 16 clearomizers. https://www.misthub.com/product/innokin-itaste-vv-v3-0-starter-kit/

That's what I was afraid of, that I overpaid. I may have made an impulse buy in my excitement. I just wanted to get something while I had the extra money. I will definitely look into that. Thank you.

Raguvian

Verified Member
Dec 21, 2014
Houston
I was never a regular smoker - only chain smoked while drinking (hence why I stopped drinking, because I couldn't deal with the after effects of the cigarettes). However, I love smoking. I was a regular user of hookah as well. Smoking helps me relax, and with an incredibly stressful job, I find that it helps me get through my day. I picked up vaping and honestly have not regretted it, even as a non-smoker. I haven't noticed any side effects yet, and the way I see it, there are so many horrible things we (can) do to our bodies, from preservatives in food to not exercising. I'm sure the amount of toxins I breathe from riding my bicycle in traffic every day doesn't help, so why single out vaping?

Vaping helps me relax, while allowing me to smoke and still be active and healthy, and also allows me to tinker and play with new setups and try different flavors. I find it very hypocritical that ex-smokers don't like non-smokers get into vaping. It's far better than the alternative of getting into smoking. If you enjoy it, by all means go for it.

chargingcharlie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2014
MA

I sent a PM to SmokeyJoe about the TOS violation you brought up. He replied and said that he agreed that part of the TOS that says that is outdated, that he will certainly look into rephrasing it, and that he hopes that I won't leave the forum over that part of the TOS. It probably wouldn't be a good idea totell members of this forum that they should "leave immediately", for feeling that ecigs have many uses for those who have never smoked, because the person who runs the site doesn't agree with what you are recommending.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cloudd

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
I agree on the overpriced products too, in Malaysia, outdated (but decent) vape products are almost always on a clearance price and tho they cannot grant you that it's a flawless product; it works.

I got my eGo CE5 set (charger, batteries, one clearo, one crap juice which I don't vape) at only RM7.80 a set, about 2.40USD
Smok Tech mini RDA at 1.40USD each
Kayfun mech mod body (if there's such thing) at 7.50USD each

But the juice here is insanely overpriced.

I was never a regular smoker - only chain smoked while drinking (hence why I stopped drinking, because I couldn't deal with the after effects of the cigarettes). However, I love smoking. I was a regular user of hookah as well. Smoking helps me relax, and with an incredibly stressful job, I find that it helps me get through my day. I picked up vaping and honestly have not regretted it, even as a non-smoker. I haven't noticed any side effects yet, and the way I see it, there are so many horrible things we (can) do to our bodies, from preservatives in food to not exercising. I'm sure the amount of toxins I breathe from riding my bicycle in traffic every day doesn't help, so why single out vaping?

Vaping helps me relax, while allowing me to smoke and still be active and healthy, and also allows me to tinker and play with new setups and try different flavors. I find it very hypocritical that ex-smokers don't like non-smokers get into vaping. It's far better than the alternative of getting into smoking. If you enjoy it, by all means go for it.

I got one Halo G6 and a Triton. Found out that my husband's friend's little brother finished tech school for air traffic controller. He smokes when he drinks.... for now. The Trition is pink so I gave him my G6 starter kit. I know that stress management is something that he will have to find a good routine with in the future. He was very happy to receive it as a gift and said he was thinking about getting an e-cig! Hopefully it will keep him clear of analogs and other life taking items.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread