Non-spillable inkwell - new atomizer concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

slimest

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2011
Russia, Moscow
ecigroom.myqip.ru
First of all: this is not my idea. This atomizer was invented by triskach, the vaper from Belorussia, my colleague on russian forum. His english is not very good, so he gave me a favor to put the info here.
Here is a simple picture explaining how the atomizer works. Author used burnt Giantomizer. After disassembling he cut half of the central air tube. Then soldered a hard wire with a soldered nut to the connector body (negative). Then soldered a small metallic corner with thread hole to the central tube (positive). Then he prepared usual heater with silica rope inside and connected it to described contacts using small screws. No plates, nothing. Just two contact bars and heater with wick.
Cut part of the central tube inserted into central hole of driptip. Driptip worked around to fit into inner plastic tube of the Giantomizer. The outer metallic tube with window shortened, so it's length is equal to inside plastic clear tube now. That's it.
To fill the atomizer just remove the driptip and drop a liquid inside. Important thing: you shoul not overfill the atomizer, otherwize it will leak. Liquid is yellow on the picture. If you made it and fill it correctly, you can vape it in any position, even upside down, and it does not leak at all. The vapor flow comes exactly from the heater (upper tube), so no condensation.
Obviously volume of liquid to fill became 1.5 ml, less than in Giantomizer. But everyone can make his own atty with needed volume using this concept.
Here are two movies made by the author. First movie just demonstrates the new atty, the second one compares two identical attys with 3 ohm and 2.2 ohm coils. In russian, sorry. Anyway everything is self-explanatory. Enjoy.

triskach's webcam video 2
triskach's webcam video 4

If something is unclear, I will be happy to answer a questions.

P.S. The author puts one end of the wick towards connector and another end towards driptip (something like s-shape), so he gets enough liquid in any atty position. You can also try a wick made from stainless mesh like genesis.

Attachments

• Inkwell.jpg
    Inkwell.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 406
Last edited:

slimest

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2011
Russia, Moscow
ecigroom.myqip.ru
Giantomizer is very convenient to make this mod. It's connector has sealing (rubber o-ring), so if you need to replace heater, just remove the whole body from connector and everything exposed.
The best way to disassemble Giantomizer is: screw an accumulator part to the connector and just pull it using pliers. Using this method you avoid a risk to damage inner plastic clear tube.

If you have a lathe you can build your own atomizer. It's design is very easy to make. Instead of screws to connect the heater you can use just hard wire.

Here are pictures of the atty inside. Made by phone, sorry.

Attachments

• inkwell1.jpg
    inkwell1.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 285
  • inkwell2.jpg
    inkwell2.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:

raceengine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2011
KUL, MY
The best way to disassemble Giantomizer is: screw an accumulator part to the connector and just pull it using pliers. Using this method you avoid a risk to damage inner plastic clear tube.

Can you explain further? More pics would help. Tried removing a couple of them but I already dmg some of the Giantomizers

slimest

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2011
Russia, Moscow
ecigroom.myqip.ru
Sorry, but I live in Russia and the author of this construction lives in Belorussia. We connect only electronically. And he has not a real camera to make pictures, only simple phone. But disassembling on Gigantomizer is easy enough if you simply hold the body in one hand and pull connector by pliers in another hand. Don't swing, don't rotate, only pull. To avoid a damage of connector by pliers you have to screw on it a connector from accumulator. They sold as DIY or you can remove it from an old battery. I always have few to make battery mods or to make some measurements.

Last edited:

slimest

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2011
Russia, Moscow
ecigroom.myqip.ru
Here is Genisis made in this atomizer. I made negative contact a little longer so now heater positioned diagonally - easier to handle mesh.
The latest draw shows wick with heater spiral.
It's important to prevent electrical contact between the mesh wick and either the connector body or positive contact. Either shorten lower part of the wick or cover it by a heatshrink

Attachments

• IMAG0112.jpg
    IMAG0112.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 141
  • IMAG0113.jpg
    IMAG0113.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 151
  • IMAG0114.jpg
    IMAG0114.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 134
  • IMAG0115.jpg
    IMAG0115.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 144
  • IMAG0114-1.jpg
    IMAG0114-1.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:

slimest

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2011
Russia, Moscow
ecigroom.myqip.ru
The connector is absolutely identical to e-Go one, so 510 fits. This is disassembled Giantomizer, easy to find in e-cig stores. It is convenient for mods because connector body has got its own seal (o-ring), so disassembling and assembling is very easy.
Two more advantages of this system:
1. In standard Genesis we always struggle to improve liquid feeding. In this system heater is on the middle of the wick, so we get something like upper-lower feeding
2. In this system we have heater hung between two tubes for air, so atomizer is very effective. I get the same TH using 2.6 ohm heater as 1.7 ohm on standard Genesis.

Of course some things can be improved, but in common I like this atomizer. It is easy to make, easy to fill and very effective. All thanks to author :)

Giantomizer: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...c-3-7ml-ce2-giantomizer-v2-510-stock-now.html

Last edited:

slimest

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2011
Russia, Moscow
ecigroom.myqip.ru
To english-speaking people. 'Non-spillable inkwell' is a little awkward name :) In Russian there is short and funny name for this kind of inkwell - непроливайка. We used this word when I was at school (it was about 50 years ago). I am not so experienced in English and could not find the same English word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread