Noob friendly tank ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mowish83

May 26, 2018
Hey guys
I got a Vaporesso switcher with Zeus RTA , I started vaping on the NRG tank and it was great that I haven’t smoked since , after it’s coils burnt and because they r expensive here and don’t last long I switched to Zeus RTA.
I already asked for advice here about this tank but I give up . It’s impossible to wick and I tried everything I found online . Maybe it’s bad piece I got or maybe my wicking but it can’t be that unforgiving . It’s not rocket science .
Can your please advice me what to buy to replace this ? Some rda or RTA with balanced flavor /clouds and most importantly easier to wick and doesn’t have to be perfect to use

Reactions: stols001

Mowish83

May 26, 2018
I would try an rdta myself. An avacado maybe. Rdtas are much more forgiving wick wise than rtas
To be honest I don’t even know what’s rdta: ) am new to vaping but a friend recommended I start with mods and rebuildables as they r more satisfisfing for a smoker than a starter device
But am gonna look it up , thanks

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
friend recommended I start with mods and rebuildables as they r more satisfisfing for a smoker
Your friend is correct. However, as a new vaper it is wise to avoid RTAs for a while until you get a hang of the Ohms law, battery safety, have a DMM (digital multi-meter) and are adept with the coiling calculator.

Mowish83

May 26, 2018
Your friend is correct. However, as a new vaper it is wise to avoid RTAs for a while until you get a hang of the Ohms law, battery safety, have a DMM (digital multi-meter) and are adept with the coiling calculator.

That’s very informative but a bit scary
I don’t really understand every aspect they talk about to the full, however if am using authentic and compatible coils/ tanks / mods as recommended by experienced users I shall be fine I guess

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
qorax, some of the information provided in your video is incorrect, please tell us how clones have any more issues then authentic's. But please provide hard data not simply random thoughts or opinions. Counterfeits or clones have nothing to do with with battery failures. I would love to see the statistics on that claim. Many of the clones come from the same manufacturers that produce original designs. And while we speak about tanks or RDA's failing the same opportunity exists for authentic one to fail, I speak from personal experience with a authentic Kayfun 5 that had an issue during manufacturing and a bad peak insulator.

Dual battery mods are also safe and give you extended vaping time. A regulated mod will protect the user and many here on ECF use them to test their builds. Most indicate a short or no atomizer if you have an "bad build" prior to vaping.

The true fact is that all builds should be tested tested on any RTA or RDA prior to vaping. You should ensure that no excess wire has fallen onto your build deck and that your ohms are stable prior to vaping. As my signature line states, not everyone can afford authentic tanks, an RTA/RDA or receive them for free while doing reviews. Having to pay in excess of $150 (+) for a good vaping RTA/RDA isn't always possible.

Let's not be like Mr. Glantz, CDC or FDA and make claims without supporting it with data.

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
To be honest I don’t even know what’s rdta: ) am new to vaping but a friend recommended I start with mods and rebuildables as they r more satisfisfing for a smoker than a starter device
But am gonna look it up , thanks
An RDTA is an RDA with a really really large juicewell in the botto that the wicks hang into through holes, basically. The avacado is a good example.
Avocado 24 RDTA

Do NOT get the avacado bottom air flow. It is a different tank and has problems. You want the original avacado 24mm with the squared off top not the domed top

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
While I am doing okay with RDAs and RTAs, as many here are, I would not recommend them to a newer vaper.

It’s not rocket science, right, but there’s a learning curve to vaping in and of itself. To be frank, I don’t have my Zeus yet, the dual is in the way, but people here who do have them are not saying they’re hard to wick. I can’t see them being any more difficult than any other RBA. And that’s coming from a perspective of having a couple kind of tricky ones, which are still far from impossible, and easy to find YouTube videos to see how they’re done.

Just saying, if you’re having trouble wicking a Zeus, I don’t know what to recommend that would be much easier. A Pulse 24, maybe, but the wicking is still the hard part...

And I find it frustrating that people are kind of lead to believe they need to jump right on in to building.

I’m sure you’ll get it figured out, sooner or later, but don’t think that’s what you absolutely have to do right now, okay? There’s no shame in drop ins.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
While I am doing okay with RDAs and RTAs, as many here are, I would not recommend them to a newer vaper.

It’s not rocket science, right, but there’s a learning curve to vaping in and of itself. To be frank, I don’t have my Zeus yet, the dual is in the way, but people here who do have them are not saying they’re hard to wick. I can’t see them being any more difficult than any other RBA. And that’s coming from a perspective of having a couple kind of tricky ones, which are still far from impossible, and easy to find YouTube videos to see how they’re done.

Just saying, if you’re having trouble wicking a Zeus, I don’t know what to recommend that would be much easier. A Pulse 24, maybe, but the wicking is still the hard part...

And I find it frustrating that people are kind of lead to believe they need to jump right on in to building.

I’m sure you’ll get it figured out, sooner or later, but don’t think that’s what you absolutely have to do right now, okay? There’s no shame in drop ins.
I both agree and I don’t. Wait, that’s not accurate. I agree, but I don’t like doing it. Coil cartridge tanks are more expensive and annoying than RDAs. It bothers me that I have to recommend an inferior product to someone. Yes the numbers are printed on the side. Yes they require no tools. They ARE simpler. The step up to RDAs is such a small one though. If a person is comfortable with tools and numbers it should be OK for them to make the larger step. No, that larger step is not for everyone it is true. But it’s not for no one either.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City

Excellent point!

One of members here, Baditude did a nice write up on the original Crown tank. As a drop in coil RTA it's one of his preferred and I have four and like them when I am on the go but I do build most of the time.

Here is a link to his review. For the price this really is a great tank in a vaping world that is moving quickly this one can be considered old reliable.

Original Uwell Crown Clearomizer Tank

Good price for a 4pk of coils
Uwell Crown Tank Coil Heads 4 Pack

And the tank price is pretty good also
Uwell Crown Sub Ohm Tank Black

Reactions: DeloresRose
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread